Things That Shit Me (AFL edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

People need to warm up their brains before posting
To be fair I was colder than a witches tit at the time of posting but the whole 60 minute warm up these knobs do each game is completely ridiculous and it shits me every time I go to a game.

Last edited:
Lol intense exercise. They barely get out of a jog. You clearly have no understanding of the component of specificity. Nothing they do pre-game is specific to what they do during a game. They could very easily warm up in the rooms. Umpires never used to warm up out on the ground until the players started it. Just another example of umpires thinking they're the actual stars.

Yeah sure. It wasn't that long ago that players didn't have a pre-match warm up on the ground either. Barely get out of a jog. lol. Volunteer to umpire or post your sport science accreditation and then get back to me.

AFL umpires are probably the most athletic of any sport, I can't think of another where they run more.

Interestingly they also have to have a skill (bouncing the ball), how many other sports does that take place?

Yeah sure. It wasn't that long ago that players didn't have a pre-match warm up on the ground either. Barely get out of a jog. lol. Volunteer to umpire or post your sport science accreditation and then get back to me.
I don't need a sports science degree to know its stupid that umpires are out running sprints an hour before the game. They warm up longer than the players do. It's beyond a joke.

Lin Jong

Complete and utter friggin spud.

Top 3 worst players I've see seen in red white and blue and that's saying something coz we have had some Sh!tmen

You know it wouldnt shit you if you turned up 5 minutes before the game and did not have to see it I reckon ;)

When commentators say "He takes the ball at its highest point". They should be saying at his highest point, the ball's highest point is like 20 metres in the air.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL umpires are probably the most athletic of any sport, I can't think of another where they run more.

Interestingly they also have to have a skill (bouncing the ball), how many other sports does that take place?
Perhaps they could focus more on practising their bouncing as opposed to running laps for 20 minutes.

I don't need a sports science degree to know its stupid that umpires are out running sprints an hour before the game. They warm up longer than the players do. It's beyond a joke.
not saying you do. but you are saying i don't understand specificity when i do have one, have umpired as a field and boundary ump and have also trained/competed as a distance runner [which is what many of them are, particularly boundary umps] at a decent level. agree to disagree.

O-fence and D-fence.

Forward line and back line.

Seppo bs. As is all the "make some noise" stuff.

Throw line of scrimmage in there as well, after hearing it in Leon Cameron's address.

not saying you do. but you are saying i don't understand specificity when i do have one, have umpired as a field and boundary ump and have also trained/competed as a distance runner [which is what many of them are, particularly boundary umps] at a decent level. agree to disagree.
And how would you warm up pre-game when you were umpiring?

People give the umpires so much shit that I have no idea why people even still want to become one.

You muppets do realise we NEED people to be umpires right? If letting them do laps of an oval pre-game infront of a few thousand people is enjoyable for them then who gives a ****?
You've missed the point by such a distance Levi Casboult would be proud.

You've missed the point by such a distance Levi Casboult would be proud.
You're an idiot and not worth a response but I'll give one anyway.

Your argument is what they are doing is attention seeking, and that they don't actually need such an extensive warm up.

I feel that for our game, letting umpires be "celebrities" while they do their over the top warm up, is much better than shit talking them every chance we get to the point where nobody in their right mind would put their hand up to become an umpire.

You're a tool, and you're what's wrong with our sport, not the attention seeking umpires.

You're an idiot and not worth a response but I'll give one anyway.

Your argument is what they are doing is attention seeking, and that they don't actually need such an extensive warm up.

I feel that for our game, letting umpires be "celebrities" while they do their over the top warm up, is much better than shit talking them every chance we get to the point where nobody in their right mind would put their hand up to become an umpire.

You're a tool, and you're what's wrong with our sport, not the celebrity umpires.
Nice melt. Let me guess you're an umpire? Because it seemes like I've touched a nerve. For what it's worth I've signed up to be an umpire next year so you can stop making out that I have it in for them. I just think their warm up is completely over the top and it should be reigned in. Umpires should never be immune from criticism just because they officiate a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things That Shit Me (AFL edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back