thorne89's 2011 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I may have misread Carlton's list looking at that, completely forgot about Henderson to be honest. If it isn't Talia, then maybe you'd look at someone quick and exciting like Markworth for a wing/flank or even reach and pick Dobosz based on potential up forward alone.

Henderson has been great at CHB and is looking like a lock in that position but if one of McCarthy/Watson come on as expected then we can shift Hendo forward.

Carlton's needs:

Tall forward
Inside midfielder
Replacement for Scotland (versatile player)

I would be happy to pick up another quality midfielder in this draft.

Why have we passed on Ellis?

Ratten loves tough and aggressive players with Davies playing eight games to the chagrin of some of our supporters. I doubt that we'll get a shot at Ellis who could free up Yarran or move into the midfield rotations. Would love to get this kid who sounds like a leader. Plus he's a local who attended the school right behind Visy Park.
I think I may have misread Carlton's list looking at that, completely forgot about Henderson to be honest. If it isn't Talia, then maybe you'd look at someone quick and exciting like Markworth for a wing/flank or even reach and pick Dobosz based on potential up forward alone.
Unlike a few Carlton supporters, I'd be for Markworth to play as a lead up forward, but only if all the mids are gone.

I still prefer a Tomlinson or Paine to shore up our forwardline.

Yes we lost Davis, but we have rutten, L thompson, Mckernan, otten, and dont forget we picked up Lynch and Johnston. Would be hard to fit all the defenders in as it is. Priority is an outside/inside mid with speed and skill, as stated by our club. I can see why people outside S.A think we need a KPP. We stocked up on KPP for years though

Yes we lost Davis, but we have rutten, L thompson, Mckernan, otten, and dont forget we picked up Lynch and Johnston. Would be hard to fit all the defenders in as it is. Priority is an outside/inside mid with speed and skill, as stated by our club. I can see why people outside S.A think we need a KPP. We stocked up on KPP for years though

True, but I was under the impression that Lynch and Johnston are forwards. Rutten will be gone soon, he's getting on a bit. Also was a little unsure as to where McKernan will be playing his footy, would you have him as a KPD, KPF or Ruck?

Cheers for the feedback!

Thompson and Otten also way undersized to play on the big forwards. Mckernan hasnt cemented his position yet, probably played his best footy earlier in the season taking big grabs up forward.

It would still be seen as a priority of Adelaide after losing Bock and Davis. Bock probably one of the best CHBs in the game and Davis besides Reid at collingwood probably seen as te next best key CHB coming up through the ranks in the comp.

We won't take Grigg or Ellis. I'd expect Markworth and Ross those two picks

Markworth and Ross are probably the 2 players essendon have been attached to through the media the most and will both be available at their picks. I dont really rate either.

Both would be going higher than they should especially Ross. Has pretty average efficiency by foot.

Markworth and Ross are probably the 2 players essendon have been attached to through the media the most and will both be available at their picks. I dont really rate either.

Both would be going higher than they should especially Ross. Has pretty average efficiency by foot.

Was really thinking the same thing, with that second quote.

I'm no expert but I dont really want (or rate) either Markworth or Ross at 19 (maybe 31) but at 19 i'd much rather for this eg.grigg or ellis. give me adams, or even smith.

Wonder how close the media is to the truth probably know more closer..

ohh by the way nice phantom good work!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ripper phantom thorne, very pleased to get grigg and ellis. I'm not as excited about Markworth as others. I dont expect ellis to be there at our second pick, but would love to pick him up. More expecting Grigg at 19, ross at 31

I think there is only a small chance Carlton will go for a tall defender in Talia at pick 22 when Tomlinson, Frost and Dobosz are available. Carlton really need a key forward, and they have a very strong defence.

Keystone..Thompson and otten despite their height difference can play on a tall. Yes, they are not key backs but they can do a job. Lynch and Johnston are not just forwards. Both have played as defenders and they both have the versatility to do just that. The AFC has stated we plan to use their vewrsatility. As for Mckernan, i personally see him as forward who can ruck a bit but the club also see him as a viable key back.

Thorne though, you have done a great job, much better than what i could do. Just hoping for a mid/forward myself. Our midfield is not as strong as some people think. Really Thompson, vince and Sloane are the best out of the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

thorne89's 2011 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back