Those that missed out

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow

McGinnity slipped through :eek:

I had him tipped to be taken with Freo's second round pick

I hope we snaffle him in the Rookie draft

Pat "troy cook" Mcginnity doesnt have the class to be drafted in my opinion would win the coaches award 20 years in a row though as his hardness and relentless pressure is second to none.

Gourdis, Bongetti, Sampey, Arrowsmith, Hall, Normington, Hill, Kay, Bellchambers, Renton, Smouha, Sullivan, Connelly, Wundke, Mulligan, Joseph, McGinnitty, Hockey, Gaertner and Sandilands all overlooked!:eek::confused:
The rookie draft may well produce just as much talent as the national! Hope the doggies pick up Bellchambers, Renton or Gourdis with their fourth pick.

Before this thread goes too far a reminder that the age-eligibility rules for PSD and rookie draft are different. Bottom-age players have to go back and play under-18s / Colts next year.

Smouha, Zakharis, Stanton, Daye, Gaertner, Rockliff are coming to a suburban ground near you.

Do people think Hockey and Normington will both get rookied? Surprised neither got called up, especially Hockey after his grand final game

Also Dulic wasn't taken was he? I always thought he was a pretty good chance, from what I've seen of him anyways. Comments?

I want McGinnity, Griffiths + one of bellchambers / sullivan / mulligan when we go around again in 2 weeks time; then I guess we'll look at Dunn / Collard with the last 2 rookie picks if they are still there.

We have 1 PSD spot + 4 rookie poitions to fill. :thumbsu:

please no more Bombers. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want McGinnity, Griffiths + one of bellchambers / sullivan / mulligan when we go around again in 2 weeks time; then I guess we'll look at Dunn / Collard with the last 2 rookie picks if they are still there.

We have 1 PSD spot + 4 rookie poitions to fill. :thumbsu:

please no more Bombers. :(

I am sure that Bolton would be willing to pull on his boots for you guys. ;)

Before this thread goes too far a reminder that the age-eligibility rules for PSD and rookie draft are different. Bottom-age players have to go back and play under-18s / Colts next year.

Smouha, Zakharis, Stanton, Daye, Gaertner, Rockliff are coming to a suburban ground near you.

Watch this space, will be an absolute bolter next year, spewing North couldnt get him with the last pick and rookie Grima.

There's quite a few well know names that didnt get called out. Im hoping we will go for something lihe this in the PSD and Rookie draft:

PSD - Pfeiffer
Rookie #5 - Bellchambers
Rookie #11 - McGinnity
Rookie #27 - Lammie/Renton/Sullivan

I seriously cannot believe Bellchambers was not picked up, he was even rated the drafts 3rd best ruck prospect by the AFL!

Joseph was unlucky not to be picked up late as well, he's a gun not to mention All-Australian

Noted.......but still baffling IMO.

Not really. Just doesn't hurt you enough, always seems to be kicking in a hurry or around corners. Falls over alot, and just doesn't have any real weapon. Still, a chance to go in the rookie draft I guess.

I was about to say the same thing. Out of that list, I think it would be fair to say that Gaertner would be the biggest surprise. I'd really like to see Dandenong play him in the ruck next year, as his athletisism would be too good for anyone playing against him in the TAC next year. Also, a Gaertner vs Naitanui contest at next years champs would be well worth seeing.

I was about to say the same thing. Out of that list, I think it would be fair to say that Gaertner would be the biggest surprise. I'd really like to see Dandenong play him in the ruck next year, as his athletisism would be too good for anyone playing against him in the TAC next year. Also, a Gaertner vs Naitanui contest at next years champs would be well worth seeing.

That would be good to see.

IIRC Gaertner beat Natanui at u/16 level.

Griffiths trained with the pies so hopefully Hine is considering him very highly. Our decision not to draft a geniune ruckman in the national suggests Griffiths could be a solid chance at becoming a magpie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Those that missed out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back