Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tutti Fruity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aristotle Pickett has no penis

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

With Christmas approaching this is the time to get serious about ham.

As Dinsdale mentioned the only real ham is off the bone. I always buy the end with the bone sticking out. I heard that was best. Does anyone buy the other end that is just like a semi-circle?

Smoking is important, and perhaps individual. I like my ham mega smoked. An unsmoked ham is just a waste of money to me. I can’t tell the difference between double and triple smoked though.
You can always buy a leg of smoked ham, with bone, and smoke it again in the Webber, that's what I do. I have , maple apple, and other wood blocks...

Do you have your ham hot or cold. In Australia we have the heat at Christmas time and I prefer it cold. There was a chef guy around here once who recommended it cold, hot is over rated according to him.

I can't be arsed glazing a ham while also having to cook a turkey. Plus the oven space.

Do you have your ham hot or cold. In Australia we have the heat at Christmas time and I prefer it cold. There was a chef guy around here once who recommended it cold, hot is over rated according to him.

I can't be arsed glazing a ham while also having to cook a turkey. Plus the oven space.
Cold.

Last edited:

If its off the bone, cold.

I don't think I've ever had proper off the bone ham hot.

If its off the bone, cold.

I don't think I've ever had proper off the bone ham hot.
Yep, off the bone, cold and I don't think I've ever had it hot either. It has always been served cold with a hot turkey. Plus leftovers off course which I probably enjoy more than the main meal. Less dickheads around.

Which end if buying a half ham? I've always gone for the side with the bone sticking out, I think it is called the hock end. I have never had any issues with it so have just stuck with what I know.

My opinion on smoking:

Unsmoked: bland, wasting your money
Smoked: Better and worth a shot on a budget
Double Smoked: Even better
Triple Smoked: I don't think I can tell the difference between double and triple smoked. I wonder if it is a marketing ploy?

Not all of us are on Dinsdale Bay 13 Mod wages so don't have the time to spend a week quintuple smoking a ham.

Why is this excellent thread in the Divvy? It is Christmas time and the Bay needs more ham talk.

Oh, and dinsdale is correct. That processed NOT on the bone ham is absolute garbage.

With Christmas approaching this is the time to get serious about ham.

As Dinsdale mentioned the only real ham is off the bone. I always buy the end with the bone sticking out. I heard that was best. Does anyone buy the other end that is just like a semi-circle?

Smoking is important, and perhaps individual. I like my ham mega smoked. An unsmoked ham is just a waste of money to me. I can’t tell the difference between double and triple smoked though.
Good point. Out of the Divvy, too worthy for that shithole

Yep, off the bone, cold and I don't think I've ever had it hot either. It has always been served cold with a hot turkey. Plus leftovers off course which I probably enjoy more than the main meal. Less dickheads around.

Which end if buying a half ham? I've always gone for the side with the bone sticking out, I think it is called the hock end. I have never had any issues with it so have just stuck with what I know.

My opinion on smoking:

Unsmoked: bland, wasting your money
Smoked: Better and worth a shot on a budget
Double Smoked: Even better
Triple Smoked: I don't think I can tell the difference between double and triple smoked. I wonder if it is a marketing ploy?

Not all of us are on Dinsdale Bay 13 Mod wages so don't have the time to spend a week quintuple smoking a ham.

Why is this excellent thread in the Divvy? It is Christmas time and the Bay needs more ham talk.

Oh, and dinsdale is correct. That processed NOT on the bone ham is absolute garbage.
The hock is so good. In winter I make some really great ham hock soup in the slow cooker.

You cook it for 8 hours with all the vegetables and stock, then scoop the bone out and all the meat falls off. I usually do it on a day off work though so I can keep and eye on it because of the two devious creatures I share my house with 🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛

It has all the flavour of the bone and everything and its so easy, it's just chuck everything in the pot and let the pot do the work. And hocks are so cheap. Like 5 bucks at the most.

Q Would you eat the Ham if you actually saw the Pig being slaughtered and prepared ?

I have seen two sheep being slaughtered in Halal preparation stylenby an Imam when I was 15 at a camp.. The poor dears didn't suffer I believe, but there was a lot of blood involved which left me queasy.

Didn't have much of an appetite when they cooked the dears and served them for dinner later that afternoon .

I can see why people do become vegans in all honesty

Double-smoked, shaved, cold, in a sandwich with nothing more than cheese and tomato. Done.
If you want to get fancy repeat the above, butter on top and throw it in your sandwich press. Done.
Yep, ham and cheese is my staple; throw some thinly sliced tomato in when I'm feeling adventurous.

Q Would you eat the Ham if you actually saw the Pig being slaughtered and prepared ?

I have seen two sheep being slaughtered in Halal preparation stylenby an Imam when I was 15 at a camp.. The poor dears didn't suffer I believe, but there was a lot of blood involved which left me queasy.

Didn't have much of an appetite when they cooked the dears and served them for dinner later that afternoon .

I can see why people do become vegans in all honesty
Yep. Guaranteed freshness!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hock is so good. In winter I make some really great ham hock soup in the slow cooker.
I forgot about the bone. Yep, we cut it in half and in winter it will provide us with two lots of pea and ham soup.

It's also way better than those hocks you can buy at any time of the year. They just seem weird, no idea what part of the pig those ones are taken from.

Apparently Ham or any other kind of pig meat tastes very similar to human flesh (so I have heard)
I was checking out the thing about "nitrates", it's what they put in ham to make it ham.

Apparently if the ham doesn't have nitrates it will just taste like roast pork.

Interesting as most people see pork as a white meat when it is actually a read meat.

Myoglobin is what defines red/white meat and it seems humans are up there with pork, lamb, beef. Though that is a big range.

So I'm told...What was that movie where the plane crashed and they had to eat each other to survive? Based on a real story so they would know.

Apparently Ham or any other kind of pig meat tastes very similar to human flesh (so I have heard)
I thought it tastes like Chicken.

London-East-End-detail-map-edition-River.jpg

The Thames River lol

I thought it tastes like Chicken.
Would be hard to tell. Does any culture eat bipeds? I reckon some sort of beef/lamb hybrid would be the human taste. But if you did too much exercise your meat would be too tough.

Anyway back to ham. At what time of year do you get your ham and do you start eating it before Christmas?

We always start eating it a few days before.

Would be hard to tell. Does any culture eat bipeds? I reckon some sort of beef/lamb hybrid would be the human taste. But if you did too much exercise your meat would be too tough.

Anyway back to ham. At what time of year do you get your ham and do you start eating it before Christmas?

We always start eating it a few days before.
Usually lasts the Boxing Day Test.

Usually lasts the Boxing Day Test.
I usually open it earlier but it still lasts a few days after Christmas.

I see the triple smoked hams tend to be free range. I wonder if you can taste a difference?

**** it. I am going to go triple smoked free range this year. It's not like you buy one every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Thread Of The Year 2023) Let's have an open discussion about Ham for real

Back