Roast Tiger Airways

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, I've been lucky then. I've flown Perth to Melbourne 4 times on Tiger in the past 3 years and never had a larger problem than a delay of less than one hour. So my personal experience with Tiger is that it's fine, albeit cramped, and far cheaper than other airlines. Looks like I may just have jagged it based on what others have said, though.

I flew with them to go to the geelong game, the midnight flight out of Perth on Friday was cancelled 2 hours after it was scheduled to takeoff, and they wouldnt rebook anyone until 5pm the next day (which arrives in Melbourne around 11, once the match was over). Took another hour to sort out who was getting refunds and who was rebooking.

I was lucky enough to get on a Jetstar flight the next morning, but others weren't, and they take 4-6 weeks to refund your money. I flew them back and it was fine.

I'd probably only fly with them again if it was ridiculously cheap and if I there was nothing critical I had to be there for just after the flight. Not for a weekend trip in case that happened again, there were lots of stranded purple people.

Just saw this thread on the main page. I have flown Tiger before and not had any problems. I'm booked again with them to Melbourne in a few weeks so will see how it goes. After flying 15 hours from LA to China with a rubbish airline before I don't think its that bad really.

I got caught out with their 45 minute check in last week heading Sydney>Melbourne for the Cats game. Booked on an 8:45am flight, got to the front of the queue at 8:06 and told sorry you've forfeited your ticket but we'll gladly sell you one for $79 departing two hours from now. Jetstar were double that price and Qantas and Vrgin more than that so reluctantly parted with the extra ca$h. Flight was fine though.

I flew with them to go to the geelong game, the midnight flight out of Perth on Friday was cancelled 2 hours after it was scheduled to takeoff, and they wouldnt rebook anyone until 5pm the next day (which arrives in Melbourne around 11, once the match was over). Took another hour to sort out who was getting refunds and who was rebooking.

I was lucky enough to get on a Jetstar flight the next morning, but others weren't, and they take 4-6 weeks to refund your money. I flew them back and it was fine.

I'd probably only fly with them again if it was ridiculously cheap and if I there was nothing critical I had to be there for just after the flight. Not for a weekend trip in case that happened again, there were lots of stranded purple people.

I was exactly the same. I was on that cancelled flight and just happened to be standing near the free internet computers and booked on the Jetstar flight at 10:05. Cost me $289 and 20 minutes later they were up to about $450.

Coming back was fine and I had no problems. For the extra $100 I paid I was probably better off going Virgin or Jetstar in the first place. For all the crap that they cop, the best service I've had on a plane has been with Tiger and it could have happened and does happen with all airlines. Would I fly with them again? Probably not. I've flown with them before and said never again but it was either that or pay an extra $100-150 to fly Virgin or Jetstar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Tiger Airways

Remove this Banner Ad

Back