Tiger TV. Channel 31

Remove this Banner Ad

fatidiot

Rookie
Dec 12, 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Does anyone remember Tiger TV on Channel 31?
Hosted by Nathan Bower, I think it was aired weekly in 2001/2.

Anyway, can anyone confirm if the Cosmic Psycho's played the opening tune?
Does anyone have any episodes on VHS / DVD?

The lyrics went along the lines of:

"Richmond... Is the team to beat.
Black and Yellow can never be beat.
To keep you on the edge of your seat.
Richmond... Is the team to beat".

Awesome song, just can't find it anywhere.

Would be interesting if anyone tracked it down. Apparently they are mad Tigers supporters (or the lead singer at least) Never seen them live but I remember a mate who had seen them many times saying how they would always dedicate a song to the Richmond Football Club.

Would be interesting if anyone tracked it down. Apparently they are mad Tigers supporters (or the lead singer at least) Never seen them live but I remember a mate who had seen them many times saying how they would always dedicate a song to the Richmond Football Club.
Thanks johnno77. It's true that Ross Knight (lead singer) is mad Tigers. You have pretty much confirmed it was them, just need to find an episode. I used to record them, but because my reception on 31 was so bad, they werent worth keeping. :(

Following on from the Lloyd song, maybe the club can get them to do a song as well - eventually might have enough 'tiger anthems' to release a CD and raise some more funds :thumbsu:

I didn't realize knighty was a tigers man til I saw the doco blokes you can trust. He has a handicapped son & in one scene his son is dressed in his tigers gear at a game.

Great band. Do not get in a shout with them unless you have a few days spare

Mum said its a great day to go to the pub, go to the pub, go to the pub.
Get a schnitzel
Get a schnitzel
Get a schnitzel.

That shit is art folks. You won't see some douche like John Mayer write that stuff.

"Richmond... Is the team to beat.
Black and Yellow can never be beat.
To keep you on the edge of your seat.
Richmond... Is the team to beat".

Awesome song, just can't find it anywhere.

Sounds like a Psycho's song. Fantastic band. Used to play at a thing at The Prince of Wales called "Rockin' Rumblin' Wrestling". Cheesy WWF style wrestling with punk bands between bouts. ****ing awesome.

Hey Fat Idiot (and I say that in the nicest possible way) it wasn't the Cosmic Psychos. I produced the show (and presented it in '01 - but nobody remembers me boo hoo hoo) and had a request from someone else recently about who sang the song (possibly you without the alias). Unfortunately I can't remember the band's name, can't find the original CD the band sent me and have lost all the tapes of the show in the three house moves since, but I know it wasn't the Psychos. I'm still looking into it though, hence how I came upon this thread, so if I find something in the bottom of a box in my shoe cupboard, then I'll get back to you.

... I don't really have a shoe cupboard

Oops beat me Captain.

That warm Aussie rock with a beer in your hand on a cold Winters night vibe.

The Onyas were good also but bloody loud.

Even another great Aussie band but the singer of them is a mad Pie.:(

This music reminds me so much of the spirit of '95.

Loved all the alternative stuff going down and Richmond kicking arse.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiger TV. Channel 31

Remove this Banner Ad

Back