Dippers Donuts

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2001
Hunting the snark
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sluggers
The tigers have pipped the roos in a nailbiter. Not too happy 'bout that.
As a hawk fan I was hoping for an olyroo victory - would have made our chances of securing a top four berth easier.

Puts the pressure on us for sunday against the crows.

Richo starred for the tiges apparently (didn't watch the game, caught the last few minutes on the radio).

Richo was decent (17 marks), but be did kick 2.6. The Kangaroos should never have got so close and Richmond really do need to address a few glaring issues. A loss tonight, and they were staring down the barrel.

Ottens is a star...but Richardson? Geez...i don't think i could stand having him playing for my team. There is too greater gap between his best and worst.

17 marks? - That sounds like a stellar performance to me.
I can't recall too many players picking up that many marks in a game.

He is somewhat inconsistent though.

You're right about Ottens though, when I apply the "if there was 1 player I could have from every side" question to Richmond, Ottens would be my pick, no contest.

Originally posted by Dippers Donuts
17 marks? - That sounds like a stellar performance to me.
I can't recall too many players picking up that many marks in a game.

He is somewhat inconsistent though.

You're right about Ottens though, when I apply the "if there was 1 player I could have from every side" question to Richmond, Ottens would be my pick, no contest.

See if you can check out his mark in the last quarter - it is right up there with Tarrant, Moorcroft and Bourke's efforts!

He stuck his knee in the side of Sav Rocca's head and then went higher still!

Stunning!

Less stunning though were the 3 he missed from right in front!

Originally posted by CJH

See if you can check out his mark in the last quarter - it is right up there with Tarrant, Moorcroft and Bourke's efforts!

Mate, being a fellow Tigers fan, I'd love nothing more than for a Tigers player to win the MARK OF THE YEAR over Colliscum & Essenscum players.

But Richo's doesn't come close. His head wasn't as high as Moorcrofts testicles even!!!!!!!!

I reckon his last mark was the best... imagine being allowed to push an opposition player in the face while attempting a mark... so much for too high... fuken gutless umpires... they'll make the most stupidest decision in the first minute of a game... but give them a whistle in the last five minutes of a game and watch them choke on it...

Originally posted by 9th Tiger

Mate, being a fellow Tigers fan, I'd love nothing more than for a Tigers player to win the MARK OF THE YEAR over Colliscum & Essenscum players.

But Richo's doesn't come close. His head wasn't as high as Moorcrofts testicles even!!!!!!!!

What are you talking about? Moorcroft could jump three times his own height and he would still only be 4ft'7!!! ;)

Re: Tiges a bit lucky!!

Originally posted by Tigress
Sounding very much like a sore loser there Rooboy!!!

If you had seen the sh it decisions that ******* Sheehan and he other bald mate had made you would..............

Aw whats the thucken point:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Rooboy96:

I reckon his last mark was the best... imagine being allowed to push an opposition player in the face while attempting a mark...

ha ha nice one Rooboy!!! Apart from Richo pushing Teague in the chest Wayne Carey (as great a player as he is) has been guilty of this once or twice in his career. The the f*ck otta here mate!!

Re: Re: Tiges a bit lucky!!

Originally posted by choppy

If you had seen the sh it decisions that ******* Sheehan and he other bald mate had made you would..............

Aw whats the thucken point:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

13.14 92 vs 13.10 88

:D

Originally posted by Rooboy 96
I reckon his last mark was the best... imagine being allowed to push an opposition player in the face while attempting a mark...

Hasn't Carey made a career out of the patented "two hands in the back" mark? Of all supporter groups to whinge about umpires, I thought North would be near last surely?

C'mon Kangas supporters, yes the Mark was a 50-50 decision but the umpiring was ***** for us in the last quarter!!!

Not a great game, still we have a few weaknesses but Richos performance was super. He is a gem, and whoever says they dont want him in their team has got a problem. You have to still remember he will only get better, hes had a long time out of the game with MAJOR injuries.

Ottos chase on Pickett and Richo's mark were the highlights.

GO THE MIGHTY TIGER!!!!!!!!

LOL CJH;)

Richardson stuffed up at least 11 times though.

6 pts
1 out on the full
2 handpasses straight to north players after big marks
2 free kicks to McCartney

Is it possible to be BOG after that.

IMO Archer was best on ground
22 kicks and 2 handpasses a good all round effort

Denis Pagan said to the players after the game that if they wanted to know how to play good hard footy they'd all have to get a video of glen archer last night.

Smokey

No complaints about the result....if you don't bother playing until the 20 minute mark of the first quarter, you will lose. But still, I'm happy with the way the boys fought back after the Tigers got that 30 point head start. Corey Jones did well in the first half, Wayne Carey led the team well, Sinclair and Grant did their bits and Glenn Archer was back to his best. Pickett and King were very disappointing as were our tall forwards who couldn't take a contested mark to save themselves (or more to the point, North Melbourne). For the Tigers, Ottens was by far the best for them. Richo did rack up the stats, but his use of the ball was woeful....if he kicked straight, North would never have had the chance to get back. By the way, no mention of when Richo took the mark over Rocca, he played on straight away and lost the ball. Still, the positive for Richo is that in the past, he would have dropped his head and promptly disappeared for the rest of the game. Instead he fought it out and did his bit. Nonetheless, it would have been much more appropriate if Ottens kicked the winning goal.

Forget the umpiring, it has been awful all year and for all clubs.

The more I've thought about it today, the more credit I'm prepared to give the Tigers. When the Roos hit the front, I think the Tigers of Old (sic) would have rolled over and gotten belted. But their backline held firm, they got the lead back, and held on....North never looked like getting that goal back and the lead back.

Originally posted by Agent 86

Hasn't Carey made a career out of the patented "two hands in the back" mark? Of all supporter groups to whinge about umpires, I thought North would be near last surely?

Still upset that we fixed your soft**** team up twice this year... and your club is the only club we have done it to... seen GoneCatsGone lately....

Originally posted by oh_my_hat
ha ha nice one Rooboy!!! Apart from Richo pushing Teague in the chest Wayne Carey (as great a player as he is) has been guilty of this once or twice in his career.

Good call you fool... look at the tape once more....

Originally posted by oh_my_hat
The the f*ck otta here mate!!

So is that a stutter or is it your mind and fingers just don't work well together... some of the time anyway...

Originally posted by Tigerbob
but Richos performance was super. He is a gem, and whoever says they dont want him in their team has got a problem.

I must have a problem.... 2 Goals 6 Behinds and how many marks did he take on the wing so he wouldn't have to have a shot at goals... while he plays for Richmond you guys will never win a flag...

Originally posted by Tigerbob
Ottos chase on Pickett and Richo's mark were the highlights.
LOL CJH;)

agree with Ottens Chase fantastic effort...

Originally posted by Agent 86

You IDIOT,

Tis a bit hard for Carey to take marks especially with players' holding his arms.:rolleyes:

That's why he takes a one-handed mark, his opponent either has hold of jumper or his left arm:mad:

Michele

Re: Re: Tiges a bit lucky!!

Originally posted by schimma_20

So its okay to put the arm out and hit your opponent in the face and then take the mark.

I cannot believe the gutless umpiring. Sure most games have bad decisions throughout the match, but Richmond have twice benefitted (read - won a match they shouldn't have) because an umpire failed to make a crucial decision in the dying minute of a game.

First against the Bulldogs, now against the Kangaroos. But a win is a win, but I wouldn't be thinking of progressing too far this year Richmond. I'll go out on a limb and say that you will be seriously hurt next week, and no, we will not deliberately lose to avoid playing Carlton. We will hurt you Richmond, and then you better just hope you don't face Adelaide the week after.

If you do somehow manage 4th, then for the second year in succession, 4th position will be held by what amounts to little more than a big joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers down Roos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back