Tigers Pre-Season 2015 - Open Training Friday @ Lavington

Remove this Banner Ad

How's foleys start to the pre season anyone? Is he getting a free run at it? Would love to see him smash out another 2 un interrupted years.
If Foley gets games we will go backwards. Its also time for Newman to play less games.
Foley no more then 5 games
Newman no more then 12 games
We really need to give more midfield time to Vlastuin and more games to Lennon, McDonough and hopefully McIntosh can get a good run. Hopefully McIntosh can push for a handful of games.

If Foley gets games we will go backwards. Its also time for Newman to play less games.
Foley no more than 5 games.
Disagree mate, a fit clearance machine foley will only help our cause. I asked how his start to the pre season is, obviously if he's not gonna get a good run at it then on to the next bloke, but if he is fit and ready to go another ball winner will only help our cause as it's something that's left to miles and cotch to do on their own.

How quick people forget about players abilities after injuries.

Disagree mate, a fit clearance machine foley will only help our cause. I asked how his start to the pre season is, obviously if he's not gonna get a good run at it then on to the next bloke, but if he is fit and ready to go another ball winner will only help our cause as it's something that's left to miles and cotch to do on their own.

How quick people forget how serious injuries can ruin some players careers. Foley is passed his best and unfortunately its not his fault. He was a gun and will never recapture that form. One of his key weapons was the fact he could burst out of packs, he just hasn't got that pace anymore. Add to the fact he struggles to kick more then 45m. Foley will be a good depth player for us at best.

Unfortunately that is predicated on him actually getting clearances. He is just not getting the ball enough for my liking. If he does win the ball enough then yes he plays.

Unfortunately that is predicated on him actually getting clearances. He is just not getting the ball enough for my liking. If he does win the ball enough then yes he plays.
I still hold hope for foley, after returning from Injury in 2011 he had a pretty average year before being one of our best midfielders again in 2012, regaining his speed and ball winning ability, until the injury against the saints.

I guess I'm hoping he follows a similar path and can get another year of his best out.

I still hold hope for foley, after returning from Injury in 2011 he had a pretty average year before being one of our best midfielders again in 2012, regaining his speed and ball winning ability, until the injury against the saints.

I guess I'm hoping he follows a similar path and can get another year of his best out.
Ha we can all hope so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently we had our first time trial this morning. Would be interesting if we could get some results ... Clubs rarely release this info these days though!

Onya Vickers! As long as he is putting in, it's hard to knock the guy too much.

I hope Vickery really takes it by the balls next year and shuts the doubters up. Not just because it would shut them up but because it will go a long way to making us a contender. 60 goals Ty. Please.

I hope Vickery really takes it by the balls next year and shuts the doubters up. Not just because it would shut them up but because it will go a long way to making us a contender. 60 goals Ty. Please.

Agree with you Darth. He has been slapped around by many supporters, for not going hard enough at contests, but then goes to hard at Cox's head. Which wasn't a bad thing. Needs to get the balance right.
When Vickery didn't automatically get picked for the elimination final that would have hurt big time. He has a huge ego, but the events at the end of the year my help him become a better footballer.

Ag
How quick people forget how serious injuries can ruin some players careers. Foley is passed his best and unfortunately its not his fault. He was a gun and will never recapture that form. One of his key weapons was the fact he could burst out of packs, he just hasn't got that pace anymore. Add to the fact he struggles to kick more then 45m. Foley will be a good depth player for us at best.
agree

Foley no more then 5 games
Newman no more then 12 games
We really need to give more midfield time to Vlastuin and more games to Lennon, McDonough and hopefully McIntosh can get a good run. Hopefully McIntosh can push for a handful of games.

Games should go to whoever is in the best form..... regardless of age. Although based on age, I'd rather be seeing Axel than Newy....

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers Pre-Season 2015 - Open Training Friday @ Lavington

Remove this Banner Ad

Back