Tiges hold on!

Remove this Banner Ad

andypie said:
maybe if your blokes learnt the art of "picking up a man "it wouldnt have happened.
who said sheedy doesnt flood?

Either you didn't watch the game or you are just simple.

Essendon played most of the game with three defenders, that's not flooding. If anything we flooded our own forward line by not allowing Richmond to generate a loose man in their backline.

Longy413 said:
Either you didn't watch the game or you are just simple.

Essendon played most of the game with three defenders, that's not flooding. If anything we flooded our own forward line by not allowing Richmond to generate a loose man in their backline.
you misunderstood me longy. i meant the last 5 minutes. the thing that annoys me more than anything in such games is when the trailing side wont man up to stop the running down of the clock. essendon players had dropped back otherwise why would richmond be able to chip it around so easily. usually by the time sides wake up its too late.
it seems so simple to try and go one on one and create a contest and possible turnover. so what if the tigers run it down and get a goal. atleast youve tried to do something. happens all the time. very annoying.

andypie said:
23 marks in a row. if thats manning up......

As I said, it started from the kick-in. Where we had zoned.

We then did attempt to man-up, just not very effectively. They had players run off us.

We hadn't flooded back.

And you only need to have one man drop off for the chip count to rise. Even if we had one bloke behind the ball in our defensive 50 (which we didn't), it still isn't flooding.

Longy413 said:
As I said, it started from the kick-in. Where we had zoned.

We then did attempt to man-up, just not very effectively. They had players run off us.

We hadn't flooded back.

And you only need to have one man drop off for the chip count to rise. Even if we had one bloke behind the ball in our defensive 50 (which we didn't), it still isn't flooding.
bad choice of words flood, equally as annoying though the sit-off. no spoiling cos they were all uncontested. backwards , sideways. all sides do it, man up and it stops. as you say though, it only takes one guy to drop back. so where was that one guy after the tenth mark? or maybe the 15th?

andypie said:
bad choice of words flood, equally as annoying though the sit-off. no spoiling cos they were all uncontested. backwards , sideways. all sides do it, man up and it stops. as you say though, it only takes one guy to drop back. so where was that one guy after the tenth mark? or maybe the 15th?

You only have to get a metre break on your opponent and you take an uncontested mark.

We were attempting to man up, we're just not very good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiges hold on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back