Recommitted Tim English [signs 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly interesting the higher Dogs finish. WC trading for English would be one of the stupidest list management decisions ever made but while I've never rated English that high, wouldn't think a pick 15+ cuts it for the Dogs.

Could actually see it being the first case where Dogs match an offer and he stays. That, or everyone comes to their senses and he re-signs
I imagine if Dogs match then, WCE will simply let it go.

Can't see any world where they trade for him.

A not small part of me would like to see what happens if you trade for Baker and English...

But yeah, zero chance WC actually spend draft capital on him

Certainly interesting the higher Dogs finish. WC trading for English would be one of the stupidest list management decisions ever made but while I've never rated English that high, wouldn't think a pick 15+ cuts it for the Dogs.

Could actually see it being the first case where Dogs match an offer and he stays. That, or everyone comes to their senses and he re-signs
I don't think WC would be interested in trading for English and giving up draft capital. The appeal of English for WC is that he is a free agent.

Also don't think Bevo/Dogs rate English highly enough to give him 900k plus on 5 years especially with his concussion history.

If it’s just an extra year on a bit more money, I can’t see why dogs wouldn’t match.

Especially because it sounds like Barass will be at the Hawks, we have a fair bit of money to spend.

I don't think WC would be interested in trading for English and giving up draft capital. The appeal of English for WC is that he is a free agent.

Also don't think Bevo/Dogs rate English highly enough to give him 900k plus on 5 years especially with his concussion history.
Yeah, which is why it's all really interesting. Either:
  • Dogs fall out of finals earlier then current form suggests
  • Dogs take unders in FA compo and just chalk it up as a loss and use the space elsewhere
  • He stays either by re-signing or the much more interesting matching of a bid.

WC can not trade for him under any circumstance. It would be the worst list management decision I've ever seen

Last edited:
Haven’t believed the rumours at all. Makes no sense why the Eagles would come again now or why Tim would be open to it.
Still reckon it’s his Manager trying to grab a few extra bucks from us.

Yeah, which is why it's all really interesting. Either:
  • Dogs fall out of finals earlier then current form suggests
  • Dogs take unders in FA compo and just chalk it up as a loss and use the space elsewhere
  • He stays either by re-signing or the much more interesting matching of a bid.

WC can not trade for him under any ccircumstance. It would be the worst list management decision I've ever seen
All fair points.

The other consideration is the quality of the draft. By all reports, it's a fairly even draft. Outside of the top ~8 picks the quality is fairly even thereafter. If the dogs think they can snare a player at pick 17 at a similar level to pick 10, then it might be worth it.

Haven’t believed the rumours at all. Makes no sense why the Eagles would come again now or why Tim would be open to it.
Might be what's happening.

WCE supposedly lost interest earlier in the year and only recently put an offer in front of him.

English was held back preseason to manage concussion risks / issues.

Then his early season form wasn't great.

So the Eagles took the wait and see approach.

Dogs offer looks like it was underwhelming so hasn't re-signed.

So now the Eagles put up similar dollars but an extra year. Maybe front loaded to turn his head.

All seems pretty logical and makes sense.

6 years see's 30 draftees PLUS trades.

6 years development into the current 20 kids under 21.

And the rebuild started two years and drafts ago.

Mate rebuild starts when yeo sheed gaff kelly mcgovern barass darling plus more retire.

Go pull up your stat sheet from your most recent game, the only player out of your top 10 players who was 20 or younger was reid, the rest were all late 20s if not 30s.

Mate, you are still on the way down, 3 years away from bottoming.

Mate rebuild starts when yeo sheed gaff kelly mcgovern barass darling plus more retire.

Go pull up your stat sheet from your most recent game, the only player out of your top 10 players who was 20 or younger was reid, the rest were all late 20s if not 30s.

Were not North Melbourne mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Generally 18-19 year olds arent the best players on teams champ.
We havent been blessed with 4 top 4 picks in the last 2 drafts who are all somewhat ready for the level, and 5 years of constant high picks before that.

As soon as some more of our kids reach 21-22 years of age we will be climbing again

Hey west coast, please make an offer to Sam Draper instead. Go on, he’s really good and has a mullet that the kids like. He’s the next Nic Nat, think of the merch sales. Carn.

Crows will be in 12 months going by reports.

Hey Adelaide, why don’t you bring your offer forward a year. Draper is heaps tough and crashes packs with his mullet flowing graciously in the wind. He can kick a football good and makes good decisions I swear. Adelaide pls.

I'm waiting for the last minute swoop by Freo. Can never have too many rucks on $1m+.

Hey Freo. I know a good ruck. His name is Sam Draper and he has long hair and he would look really good in your old dokers jumper with long hair. Pls reply.

IMG_0499.jpeg

Generally 18-19 year olds arent the best players on teams champ.
We havent been blessed with 4 top 4 picks in the last 2 drafts who are all somewhat ready for the level, and 5 years of constant high picks before that.

As soon as some more of our kids reach 21-22 years of age we will be climbing again

Until that happens, your club is still heavily reiliant on players who will retire in 2 years.

Hey Freo. I know a good ruck. His name is Sam Draper and he has long hair and he would look really good in your old dokers jumper with long hair. Pls reply.

View attachment 2063834
Mean Girls No GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Tim English [signs 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back