Recommitted Tim English [signs 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem for the Eagles is that we are going to finish a little too high up the ladder for us to be comfortable letting English go. A band 1 compensation pick will probably net us anywhere between 15-20, taking into account academy & father-sons. If we had finished bottom 6 it would be a completely different story.

The problem for the Eagles is that we are going to finish a little too high up the ladder for us to be comfortable letting English go. A band 1 compensation pick will probably net us anywhere between 15-20, taking into account academy & father-sons. If we had finished bottom 6 it would be a completely different story.
Pretty much is the reality id suggest if Doggies do match and give in to his wants

I think the final details involve our offer being bumped up in dollar value but staying at 5 years to try bridge the gap in the extra year the Eagles are offering.

I have been hoping to see a circumstance where a club matches and the player accepts it to stay. Just imagine the drama with the player's manager and the club refusing to meet at the figure offered elsewhere right up until the point that the other club is going to take the player as a free agent - then the club comes to the party.

The awkwardness would be delicious.

English is to WCE what that cute girl at the nightclub is. She'll flirt with you, maybe touch your hand and when you lean in for a kiss she simply says "I have a boyfriend" and disappears into the night.

English has been doing this for what, 5 years? Clearly a ploy by his manager to get more out of the Dogs.

English is to WCE what that cute girl at the nightclub is. She'll flirt with you, maybe touch your hand and when you lean in for a kiss she simply says "I have a boyfriend" and disappears into the night.

English has been doing this for what, 5 years? Clearly a ploy by his manager to get more out of the Dogs.

Haha I reckon English has probably let the Eagles grind up on him a little bit as well

Haha I reckon English has probably let the Eagles grind up on him a little bit as well
Realistically WCE were expecting this when speaking to his manager:

1 mil.gif

Tim English could've been this:

1Mil2-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif

Instead, it'll probably end up like this :(

encino man smile GIF

5 year deal with the dogs signed is what I’m hearing. Announced very soon it seems.
Sounds legit.
Arguably the best ITK on our board reporting he's signed, we're just waiting to announce it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In reality we were no chance. If we couldnt even talk Busslinger into joining English was no chance. I think the only chance we had was if Doggies were the one to walk away and not give English what he wanted. In that sense I thought Doggies were a good chance to let him walk. I feel like they could have been more creative here and worked this better

In reality we were no chance. If we couldnt even talk Busslinger into joining English was no chance. I think the only chance we had was if Doggies were the one to walk away and not give English what he wanted. In that sense I thought Doggies were a good chance to let him walk. I feel like they could have been more creative here and worked this better

Sounds like we may have signed him on the deal we were offering, for a year shorter and less money than Eagles were offering, and if so probably played it well on that front.

Also Riley Garcia is still OOC. So there might still be a WA Bulldog on the horizon for you. Just a bit shorter.

Also Riley Garcia is still OOC. So there might still be a WA Bulldog on the horizon for you. Just a bit shorter.
We’d take him. Looks too good for VFL but not being a regular in the elite Dogs midfield. Would be out 4-5th mid next year. Where I think we need most work.

A doggies fan came on the Eagles board and said he signed yesterday?

We’d take him. Looks too good for VFL but not being a consistent in the Dogs midfield. Would be out 4-5th mid next year.

I’m out of and not in ‘the know’ so that may well be true. Someone said he was in the middle of some huddle celebration thing at training the other day.

We’d take him. Looks too good for VFL but not being a regular in the elite Dogs midfield. Would be out 4-5th mid next year. Where I think we need most work.

Nothing official yet about Garcia Re-signing with the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Tim English [signs 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back