Recommitted Tim English [signs 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Players of that calibre that aren't signed by August, history says a very big chance they're gone.

Always the odd exception of course, but I'd say 90% Maxy Gawwwwwnnnnnn
Not really,

He is a restricted free agent the Eagles are highly unlikely to trade for and all he is after is more money and years pending West Coasts offer he will either re-sign or we match

Still find it interesting you don't hear any monetary details of the Eagles offer, just that it is 6 years. Zero chance the Eagles trade for him and Doggies seem comfortable in letting him sign the deal and then deciding to match or take the compo. I'd be shocked if he isn't at the Dogs one way or another.

Still find it interesting you don't hear any monetary details of the Eagles offer, just that it is 6 years. Zero chance the Eagles trade for him and Doggies seem comfortable in letting him sign the deal and then deciding to match or take the compo. I'd be shocked if he isn't at the Dogs one way or another.
If you were going to match, you would do it before he signs with us. Its not like some hidden secret to Bulldogs that they must wait to know about etc.

If a player signs with someone else, no one is matching really. If he signs with us then he is going

Still a chance he stays and is squeezing an extra year out of the Dogs.

The unreliable family bush telegraph is hinting he is going home. From a mate in WA who knows someone twice removed from his actual family.
Absolutely..

But if I'm a betting man, I'm betting he is WA bound. A 'balance of probabilities' like a civil court case IMO..

Absolutely..

But if I'm a betting man, I'm betting he is WA bound. A 'balance of probabilities' like a civil court case IMO..

Because he’d go to a bottom dweller and spend the rest of his career playing for honourable wins to avoid the spoon. Especially for a list with no talent under 28, except for a certain future Victorian club player.

Smh, people on here lol.

Many people over the past week, from within the club (CEO) or with close ties to the club (Brad Johnson) say it’s just a matter of when he signs on.

He wants the extra year and his manager is calling the Bulldogs bluff.

At some point the signature has to come, but I don’t think anyone is actually worried he’s going to leave (His GF just moved to Melbourne and they bought a house). I’d be more worried about rival contenders, especially in VIC, but it doesn’t sound like any have major interest.

Because he’d go to a bottom dweller and spend the rest of his career playing for honourable wins to avoid the spoon. Especially for a list with no talent under 28, except for a certain future Victorian club player.

Smh, people on here lol.

Many people over the past week, from within the club (CEO) or with close ties to the club (Brad Johnson) say it’s just a matter of when he signs on.

At some point the signature has to come, but I don’t think anyone is actually worried he’s going to leave (His GF just moved to Melbourne and they bought a house). I’d be more worried about rival contenders, especially in VIC, but it doesn’t sound like any have major interest.
jurassic park deal with it GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smh, people on here lol.

If you say so.

Not sure how you come to defining the Eagles as a cellar dweller. They seem to bite the bullet, bottom out for a couple of years and bounce back.

Being such a wealthy club with loyal members who still turn up in the down times means they can afford to bottom out and load up with top talent for a couple of drafts. This will be the third year in the bottom 3. The rebuild is two years behind Hawthorn IMO.

Smh, people on here lol.

Don’t think West Coast will be bottom dweller for long unlike some clubs

Smh, people on here lol.

He's gone Juicey

Smh, people on here lol.

Can I get some of this juice you're on? You're cooked and it looks like fun talking shit.

Still a chance he stays and is squeezing an extra year out of the Dogs.

The unreliable family bush telegraph is hinting he is going home. From a mate in WA who knows someone twice removed from his actual family.
Unless the Eagles are prepared to trade for him or have offered some ridiculous contract I don't see a world where we don't match given the compo will be a teens pick

Then English gets his way (6years and bigger money) or walks to PSD.
That's the point he isn't gone at all despite not signing,

Unless the Eagles trade for him he won't leave via FA/PSD as we will have matched the offer or the WCE offer won't be better.

He is either a Bulldog next year or we have Pick 2/3 or WCE F1

Exactly, this isn't a Jezza Cameron situation where GWS had zero intention of matching the deal Geelong gave him. Doggies are just trying to call his bluff a bit, using his restricted free agency the way NBA teams do, "go get the biggest deal you can get, we'll wait".

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Tim English [signs 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back