Recommitted Tim English [signs 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just posting what the dogs board itk posters post and what was heard in media. Eagles 6 year offer was never reported until july. Before that there was only word of Dogs offer. There had been rumors from media earlier in the year that Eagles had enquired but didn't put forth a offer initially likely thinking he was signing on at the dogs. Also it would have been reported in the media that Eagles offer is $1mil+ a season.

As for the Dogs cap. You look at the list and point out any player that is actually on a 1mil+ a year contract atm. Naughton is the closest and it's already reported Bont's last contact he took unders. If it takes matching at a $1mil contract to keep English it's not outside realm of possibility.
How does anyone know if a player is on a million dollars outside of the Dogs? Just going on what is reported and assumptions. (Or BF posters ITK 🤣)

McClure reported the Eagles offer is $1m plus on Tradies.

Of course it’s not out of the possibility that the Dogs will go to $1m to match but it’s not out of the possibilities that’s the Eagles offer will go a little higher now with the likelihood that TB money is off the books and Tim has found form again.

Agents and list managers feed Journos in the interest of their clients and teams. As I have said reading what has been reported and the way it has switched a little back and forth from the journos in the last 3 weeks, it’s likely Tim is staying and has played this perfectly for a RFA.

People like to only hear what they want to and get defensive about their team.

How does anyone know if a player is on a million dollars outside of the Dogs? Just going on what is reported and assumptions. (Or BF posters ITK 🤣)

McClure reported the Eagles offer is $1m plus on Tradies.

Of course it’s not out of the possibility that the Dogs will go to $1m to match but it’s not out of the possibilities that’s the Eagles offer will go a little higher now with the likelihood that TB money is off the books and Tim has found form again.

Agents and list managers feed Journos in the interest of their clients and teams. As I have said reading what has been reported and the way it has switched a little back and forth from the journos in the last 3 weeks, it’s likely Tim is staying and has played this perfectly for a RFA.

People like to only hear what they want to and get defensive about their team.
I would be shocked if any decent agent would feed that clown McClure anything about their clients

I would be shocked if any decent agent would feed that clown McClure anything about their clients
He does miss a lot but also gets a few hits. He also has a pod that ge has to fill content and journos ain’t really help accountable as they just things changed and sometimes they do.

I would be surprised if the Eagles haven’t offered $1m, they wouldn’t go with any less imo unless they actually think English and his partner just want to get back to WA. Why would he only leave for $100k or so extra a year. Once again I am only assuming as only a few would actually know.

English contract talks progressing very well for Bulldogs - he’s expected to stay.

Midweek tackle tonight.
Bevo did sound more confident, especially with the last little bit of talks have really progressed well over the last few weeks. Jay-Z also said it’s line ball and they also said surely he stays as he see a premiership there with that team. Possible Premierships would be a big deciding point but so is money for some.

He does miss a lot but also gets a few hits. He also has a pod that ge has to fill content and journos ain’t really help accountable as they just things changed and sometimes they do.

I would be surprised if the Eagles haven’t offered $1m, they wouldn’t go with any less imo unless they actually think English and his partner just want to get back to WA. Why would he only leave for $100k or so extra a year. Once again I am only assuming as only a few would actually know.
Mid-week did say English manager is meeting him in the next two weeks. I guess we will all get a good idea that English is leaving if he hasn’t Re-signed by then

If the Eagles need Barrass’s contract gone to do anything that’s a disaster. Who tf could they even be paying, the list has won 9 games in 3 years lol

If the Eagles need Barrass’s contract gone to do anything that’s a disaster. Who tf could they even be paying, the list has won 9 games in 3 years lol
They clearly don’t need it gone to get things done. If you can’t work out how getting $700k off your books does help free up even more space works, try getting out your fingers and toes

They clearly don’t need it gone to get things done. If you can’t work out how getting $700k off your books does help free up even more space works, try getting out your fingers and toes

How does that make sense with your comment that with Barrass going they’d be able to improve their offer to English? If you’re saying they don’t need to do it then how are they related?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does that make sense with your comment that with Barrass going they’d be able to improve their offer to English? If you’re saying they don’t need to do it then how are they related?
They might need to do it? Cleary it’s at decision time if it hasn’t already been made.

Dogs likely missing out on TB might have upped their offer to English, which means Eagles have to up theirs ect. You never negotiated for anything?

They might need to do it? Cleary it’s at decision time if it hasn’t already been made.

Dogs likely missing out on TB might have upped their offer to English, which means Eagles have to up theirs ect. You never negotiated for anything?

Do you even know what you’re trying to say at this point? I wish I could help you.

I suspect the Dogs will add an extra year on the basis of some sort of qualifier (5th year games played etc.) to protect them from any longer term injury/concussion issues.

The only way is via you guys not matching a bid, the trade is not an option...
And us not matching isn't an option given the compo pick would be a teens pick that will get pushed back which is terrible value for a player of his standard hence unless your offer is ridiculous overs that will set you back long term there is no world we don't match

And us not matching isn't an option given the compo pick would be a teens pick that will get pushed back which is terrible value for a player of his standard hence unless your offer is ridiculous overs that will set you back long term there is no world we don't match

Yeah, if he actually wants to go to the Eagles, then I’d be a bit surprised if we just accepted say pick 16. Either way, the idea that they’d offer him a $6M/6 contract but tell him “if the Bulldogs match it you can quietly GAGF because we’re not trading for you” is Eagles nuffboi fantasy.

How many swings and misses have they had on luring WA targets home? From our club alone there’s Naughton and Busslinger. If they actually manage to finally get one on the hook they’re not just walking away from him.

I think most Eagles fans would agree English is a nice to have so we can trade Bailey Williams off as opposed to a yay I want scenario.

Club would see it this way too id think. If its not Tim English then time to get creative to figure out a plan B to spend some money

In the draft he can end up anywhere.
North Melbourne and probably Richmond will have plenty of cap space.
North have the AA ruck, they ain't splashing out in English.

Richmond a chance but unlikely, especially if they end up having a fire sale for draft picks. They'll probably just get a young ruck to learn off Nankervis(y'know, their captain).

Doubt WCE would play the PSD threat anyway though and Bulldogs wouldn't let it happen anyway: See Dunkley.

North have the AA ruck, they ain't splashing out in English.

Richmond a chance but unlikely, especially if they end up having a fire sale for draft picks. They'll probably just get a young ruck to learn off Nankervis(y'know, their captain).

Doubt WCE would play the PSD threat anyway though and Bulldogs wouldn't let it happen anyway: See Dunkley.

Just FYI, for RFAs they have to nominate for the National Draft, not the PSD. The PSD is for non-FA/delisted players (e.g. Jack Martin). So there’s no PSD threat for English. Dunkley was a year short of RFA.

Just FYI, for RFAs they have to nominate for the National Draft, not the PSD. The PSD is for non-FA/delisted players (e.g. Jack Martin). So there’s no PSD threat for English. Dunkley was a year short of RFA.
Ah ok, well, WCE definitely won't be using that as a threat then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Tim English [signs 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back