Player Watch Tim Membrey

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Skunk was cooked halfway through the year but after a brief stint in the VFL he looked back to his best again.

We managed to string together some wins to end the season and Tim played a big role in that, kicked 14 goals in the last 6 games so definitely still has some good footy left.

He’s a very smart forward with a great goal sense and a reliable set shot. Not a key forward but leads well as had a solid overheard mark. Loves sitting at the ball drop and grabbing em with a trademark vertical jump.

One of my favourites, think he will play some quality footy for you. Wouldn’t surprise me if he boots 40+ if played in a role that suits him.

Great recruit

Squint hard when you watch him

I see Jeremy Cameron

Perryman and Schultz watching us recruit Tim Membrey

Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

Would possibly be our best "tall" offensively. If we can fit him in the team, he'd be dangerous as a third tall in the role Reef and AJ rarely got to play. Otherwise he's solid backup either for a tall or small.

Doesn't have the flexibility to backup as a primary tall target or ruck, but with Richards gone and Harrison injured, it's helpful to have another medium who can backup a small forward as well as a tall.

Would possibly be our best "tall" offensively. If we can fit him in the team, he'd be dangerous as a third tall in the role Reef and AJ rarely got to play. Otherwise he's solid backup either for a tall or small.

Doesn't have the flexibility to backup as a primary tall target or ruck, but with Richards gone and Harrison injured, it's helpful to have another medium who can backup a small forward as well as a tall.
I imagine his role would be what WHE plays?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like a player that had a lot of potential but never  really lived up to it. Maybe that had something to do with playing for shit teams. Got him for nothing and will be handy depth if nothing else.

His playstyle always reminded me of a slightly taller, less talented Jamie Elliott in that he's strong overhead with a good leap.

Last edited:
Has been pretty resilient, although last year wasnt too good. He's had those mental health issues, but he played most of this season. Make him read the game-day threads and that should sort out his issues.
Mental health issues, what better club to play for than Collingwood! Our supporters aren't harsh on our players at all.

Good Moneyball pickup. Proven goalkicker and at 30 we could get 2-3 years out of him. Dangerous 3rd tall at best Handy depth at worst. Now for Tomlinson for key position coverage down back…

I think something we'll appreciate in Membrey is his work rate - more so that it gives us the luxury of not needing to overwork a Mcstay or Mihocek around the ground, and keeping one as a deepest forward.

In particular Checkers works so hard up and down the ground, having another guy that can chop him out will help preserve him and allow him to spend some time closer to goal which will only help him imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tim Membrey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back