Tim O'Brien: Corner turned. 2yr extension announced.

Remove this Banner Ad

I still remember his chasing and pressure in his first couple of games. That really stood out to me. He has the drive and the workrate, just wasn't big or fit enough at the time to put it all together, not to mention when we did play him we used him basically as a decoy player/crash a pack type rather than a goal kicking forward.

Now because of that we are putting him in positions where he can get the ball like in the ruck and then when he's taking a breather he is playing forward the way he should be.

Very happy with his development.

One j.roughead has gone alright as a kpp, and snagged 4 flags and a Coleman too

You obviously missed the hit on Hanners. :p Rough has a bit of nasty in him when he gets worked up. Not sure TO does.

Either way he's gone ahead of Schoey and probably Vickery as a marking forward option and Fitzy's ongoing concussion means I doubt he will be there next year. Surman has also gone and whilst Mitchell Lewis seems to be providing options as a key forward at BHH, he is a bit of development to go, so TO and Rough are our Derm and Dunstall !!!!

Two words.

CLEAN CUT

From his hair to his socks

From his hands to his feet

Makes him a very neat footballer. But to reach the next level he might have to get down and dirty. Not sure he has that in him.

Bet his rooms immaculate though.

Two words.

CLEAN CUT

Makes him a very neat footballer. But to reach the next level he might have to get down and dirty. Not sure he has that in him.

Needs to do a Dermie and get some blonde rinse.

And smack a few heads!

Two words.

CLEAN CUT

Photo of just inside his front door..

P2460822.jpg

He's really starting to repay the faith, interesting to see how the second half of the year goes for him.

He is a good chance for setting a career high for goals in a season in the next week or two as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was completely wrong about TOB..
He's turning out to be a very crucial part of our best 22 and proving why the club chose to give him the #23

I wouldn't say completely wrong, he's had a handful of solid performances but still has a fair way to go in my opinion.

I'll be honest and say I thought after he was given a bit of a run last year he wasn't up to it. He looked good in the Essendon game for a half last year, but he'd been in the system for a while and just didn't look like he'd even average a goal a game at AFL level. But I've been extremely impressed with his improvement this season. He actually looks like a better player at AFL level compared to VFL level because generally the guys delivering the ball inside 50 do it so much better at this level.

Really needs to finish the year off strongly. Was very poor up forward on Saturday and abysmal in the ruck. The midfield service was ordinary but he just couldn't get himself into the game

I wouldn't be surprised if he's carrying an injury. His time on ground has significantly reduced over the past few weeks compared to earlier in the season, suggesting that Hawthorn is managing him pretty carefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim O'Brien: Corner turned. 2yr extension announced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back