Tim O'Brien: Corner turned. 2yr extension announced.

Remove this Banner Ad

He contested all over the ground today. He kicked goals, he saved them, he was the main target on the wing for most of the day.

Tim O'Brien played like an established star celebrating his 150th game, and all in just his 21st appearance.

That was the best display of contested marking by a Hawthorn player since Brian Lake.

He seemed to have sticky hands today. Must have had the half-time oranges before the start of the game.
I was close to loosing my faith in Tim O'Brian after the Geelong game until today. He was awesome and for mine the most effective player on the ground. Yes he was pretty good 2 weeks ago but today he was great. I still believe he would play best in Gobbo's or Stratten's role as the 3rd up in defence but he played the high forward really well today.

I've never believed and I've been a critic but I'm halfway there now, give me another few consistent performances and I'm in #Believer

I'm with ya. I'm still not quite on the hype train. Still sceptical as to whether he has the desire and confidence to work himself into a game without getting a feel for it in the centre. But a few more performances like that and I'd be silly not to get excited.

Really starting to bring it all together. A couple of very good performances thus far this season and hopefully he can continue to take those positive steps

We all know he has the ability. Now we just need him to back it up and piece it together more often. If he can do it a handful more times this season that would be great.

If he can start doing it ten times next season even better. And 15-16 times a season the year after and we have a hell of a player.

Maybe it's a little harsh, but it's about time. Has been in the system for 4 (?) years, has height, and skills and athleticism up the wazoo, was given the almighty 23, needed to start producing.

And he is.

A little harsh :)
Quite a few players in the afl that are best 12 for their club would have struggled to unseat anyone in the forward line over the last couple of years.
We get a ready made player with hunger for the contest now rather than a 20yr old baby giraffe who only needed time.
#23isback

Has the cleanest hands at the club now Mitchell has left - pure class. All in the mind with Windscreens, and he needs a long run of games. Miles ahead of Sicily for me - Sicily is a complete knob who thinks he's Brereton - I'd actually wish term could pole axe him to teach him a lesson. (Brereton was unreal - would have loved to see him in his prime just destroy James Hird).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit that I had written TOB off as an 'almost' man, but yesterday's game was very impressive.

As other posters have mentioned, confidence is a big thing.... I hope he has that confidence now to play like that consistently.

It warmed the cockles of my heart to see TOB, Roughy and Big Boy clunking some big grabs. :)

Does some know if he put on a bit of size? Hard to tell on TV but it looked like it.

Was bodied out of contests in the air in his earliest games but seemed to be able to hold his line on Sunday. Loved it.

Does some know if he put on a bit of size? Hard to tell on TV but it looked like it.

Was bodied out of contests in the air in his earliest games but seemed to be able to hold his line on Sunday. Loved it.
looks bigger in the shoulders for sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim O'Brien: Corner turned. 2yr extension announced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back