Tim: Through the veil of injury(Article)

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/82875/default.aspx

Watching Beau Muston and Max Bailey persevere through three years of knee rehabilitation have only emboldened my thoughts. They’ve been mostly alone in their struggle, save for the voices in their minds: one telling them to stop and another telling them to keep pushing forward. It’s a strange and ambiguous allure this game has. It’s as if they’d both been conned into buying something twice that’s broken both times, but when confronted with the choice a third time, they still bought it.:thumbsu:

Awesome article, this just made me like him more and now I hope he makes it back more than ever.
Surely he wouldn't have been asked to write for the Hawks website if they were thinking of delisting like some BFers think?

Awesome article, this just made me like him more and now I hope he makes it back more than ever.
Surely he wouldn't have been asked to do write for the Hawks website if they were thinking of delisting like some BFers think?

It has me thinking.

I do think after he did his knee, he thought he was gone and so would have the coaching staff, however the way we have played this season may cause a re-think.

Sad for him.

Just looking at the photo it doesnt look like he has been in the gym much. Look at how Bradshaw came back from a knee, massive upper body strength and huge arms. And he has had a good comeback year.

Surely he wouldn't have been asked to write for the Hawks website if they were thinking of delisting like some BFers think?
The Article was in The Age where he is doing some work experience at the moment. Hawks have just used it on their website.
Delisting still likely imo, but reading that makes you want to give him another go!

Love reading his work..great writer.

I have met Tim on several occasions, very generous with his time, ripping bloke. Hope he gets another opportunity at the club ala Bailey & Muston

Sounds like Tim should be an academic.... far too philosophical for a footballer, right? Good to read his thoughts, and certainly from the perspective of someone who has struggled through lots of injuries. Hope he can get it together next year, if not with us then whereever he may land. Good stuff.

Tim Boyle said:
"Watching the grand final, I felt as if my circumstances, and those of the others not playing, had somehow contributed to the team, as if by feeling pain rather than exaltation, we were creating equilibrium in the world. Without which, our friends couldn’t have achieved what they did, or it wouldn’t be as special."
Wow. Tim Boyle should be helping John Barker to inject some persona into Barker's Bite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim: Through the veil of injury(Article)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back