Debutant
Jul 21, 2007
ivanhoe
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
gaelic football
Dear collingwood friends,

are you tired of Eddie complaining about the jumper, I am. What I really want from Eddie is answers about our losses?

Which victorian club has the best training facilities? Collingwood
Which Victorian club spends the most on coaches? Collingwood
Which Victorian club has won 1 Flag in 50 Years? Collingwood
Which victorian club has been beaten by Roos and Blues twice this year? Collingwood

Yes its my team Collingwood and I am really tired of failed promises. Eddie focus on winning a flag rather than trivia, we need a big shake up. We have been out coached by Brett Ratten and Dean Ladely twice this year. Not good enough. Once I can accept, what did we learn from those games.
Mick I thnk its time to bring and groom Nathan.

Thank you
Inconsistency is not just the players fault, it is the managment of the team.:(

What a ****en troll. If you wernt a collingwood supporter i would tee off all night

Do remeber how the club was when eddie took over? we were in dire straights with debt coming out of our arse, as well as finishing bottom 8 and not looking like we could ever seriously challenge

If it wasnt for eddie we would be a basket case of a club like the roos and the demons of recent times.

But hey we had a couple of bad losses this year so the sky is falling and the sun wont rise tomorrow

What a ****en troll. If you wernt a collingwood supporter i would tee off all night

Do remeber how the club was when eddie took over? we were in dire straights with debt coming out of our arse, as well as finishing bottom 8 and not looking like we could ever seriously challenge

If it wasnt for eddie we would be a basket case of a club like the roos and the demons of recent times.

But hey we had a couple of nad losses this year so the sky is falling and the sun wont rise tomorrow

I agree what Utter Crap that is - pieblessing Are you Serious?

are you tired of Eddie complaining about the jumper, I am. What I really want from Eddie is answers about our losses?

Which victorian club has been beaten by Roos and Blues twice this year? Collingwood

Yes its my team Collingwood and I am really tired of failed promises. Eddie focus on winning a flag rather than trivia, we need a big shake up. We have been out coached by Brett Ratten and Dean Ladely twice this year. Not good enough. Once I can accept, what did we learn from those games.

Thank you

So whats your point?

You want Eddie to get rid of a coach that to us within one kick of a flag last year... and a finals campaign a foot?

Or do you want Eddie to sell out our jumper just to keep whinging Collingwood haters happy?

Either or both... you're on your own.

P.S:- I am still yet to see Sydneys clash jumper or 500 articles and threads complaining about them?

Most interesting reaction. Yes we are rich and powerful, yes I think Eddie is terrific at running a business and a very passionate leader. By what I really want is a priemership soon. It worries me that Carlton and Nth Melb with lesser facilties etc,have beaten us twice in 1 Year.

Most interesting reaction. Yes we are rich and powerful, yes I think Eddie is terrific at running a business and a very passionate leader. By what I really want is a priemership soon. It worries me that Carlton and Nth Melb with lesser facilties etc,have beaten us twice in 1 Year.

So sack the coach and sell out the jumper????

The jumper we wear now is the one I want to see holding that premiership cup.

Thank you

P.S:- you'd think someone with such passionate views would realise that we've won 2 flags in 50 years??????

So, are you saying Eddie and Mick aren't as committed as you are?

Slightly pompous isn't it?

Well sounds like I am on my own. Is there anyone out there worried about lossing to Carlton twice next year. Sorry 1 flag in 49 years. Dont we deserve better!!!!

Well sounds like I am on my own. Is there anyone out there worried about lossing to Carlton twice next year. Sorry 1 flag in 49 years. Dont we deserve better!!!!
How is eddie's love of our jumper or the fact that he spends collingwoods money on the best around the reason we lost to carlton.

maybe we lost to carlton because on the day their were committed and tougher and more ON than we were, maybe they have one player (fevola) we dont have an answer too.

You keep saying this is wrong and that is wrong but you are yet to tell us how to fix it.

So either give us answers or stop blatantly trolling and go back to your mierable life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ofcourse inconsistency is some of the players fault , as they are the ones actually playing. They are not going to canvas the issues you want to talk about and that are discussed by the forums after losses , as it serves no public purpose. The jumper issue does for us in the public forum and Ed is using the issue as a push to get our way on it , even mentioning legal action today.

Thats the way a troll would say it.

We all want a flag... but bagging out Eddie's love of the jumper - Come on:thumbsdown:

Another negative thread to add to the rest for the weekend

Thank you
You can have the best training facilitys and spend the most money on coaches but that will not win you a game of footy every week. I cant stand eddie everywere but lets put it this way, he saved the club with a solid business approach and bringing to the club people with money to drag us out of the shit after the bloody fab 7 or whatever it was. What do you want him to do, run out on the ground and kick the bloody footy himself. For shit sake stop the crap about losing to Melbourne and North this year and move on. We have games to win and finals to play and its up to the boys on the day. And guess what there is nothing eddie can do. Oh and one more thing pieblessing, if its the last thing you do in life mate, fight for the bloody black and white striped jumper as its the one we will keep forever.

Blaming eddie is so ****ing moronic that it makes me too frustrated to put together a proper argument. Dead set, he has been superb and has put us in the position to get the "best coaches" and the "best facilities", yet some want him to take over the recruiting, the coaching, and to pull on the boots and kick a few himself. This bloke not only bleeds collingwood, but works his arse off harder than anyone to put us in the best off feild position he can. I can just imagine eddie reading this thread, filthy from the loss, getting ready to slave away all week ensuring out financial stability, facing the blame for the loss just because he got on the radio for ten minutes and arguing a point. **** me. Bring back McAllister . Apparently he had a decent left foot.

You can have the best training facilitys and spend the most money on coaches but that will not win you a game of footy every week. I cant stand eddie everywere but lets put it this way, he saved the club with a solid business approach and bringing to the club people with money to drag us out of the shit after the bloody fab 7 or whatever it was. What do you want him to do, run out on the ground and kick the bloody footy himself. For shit sake stop the crap about losing to Melbourne and North this year and move on. We have games to win and finals to play and its up to the boys on the day. And guess what there is nothing eddie can do. Oh and one more thing pieblessing, if its the last thing you do in life mate, fight for the bloody black and white striped jumper as its the one we will keep forever.

and ever.

Not entirely on your own. I am sick of Eddie whingeing about the jumper too but we can't deny that he has done a fantastic job of uniting the club and giving great stability.

Where we have failed big time is in the area of recruiting(Eddie rightly threw a fistful of dollars at Scott Clayton, but unfortunately he chose to stay at the Dogs).

We are nowhere near a premiership because we have a very ordinary midfield and a team that is a poor kicking side. Consequently we rely on being full on with pressure to match it with any side from about 1-10 on the ladder. The moment our full on pressure is a little off, we are exposed with our poor skill level. If you are totally dependent on work ethic such as we are, there are bound to be many games when it is just impossible to sustain such an effort. You need something else in the side such as skills to make up for the decrease in intensity. Unfortunately we don't.

The sad thing is the grand delusion that a lot of supporters have on this board about our real quality as a side. To say we are better than North and Carlton although they have beaten us twice this year( 3 of the 4 games have been very comfortable wins by those sides as well) is the height of arrogance and delusion. Even sadder is that both North and Carlton have younger sides than us and better potential for the future. If we were a genuine top 4 side, we would not have lost to North or Carlton.

What is compounding our problems is the fact that for the last few years we have had very easy draws(last year we only played the top 5 sides once) and don't travel as much as other clubs. This is great from the prospect of watching us fight out for a berth in the finals, but we desperately need some very high draft picks to get two quality midfielders who can actually kick the ball well .

In fact the only thing I would demand of Eddy is that he tattoo the message 'Only recruit players who kick the ball well' on the foreheads of our recruiting staff. I am sick of seeing players come to the club who are deficient in this most important area. FFS, Ben Reid was a number 8 draft pick and he can't kick to save himself.

With regard to MM, I hate his negative 'attack around the boundary line' style of game, but he has taken very ordinary sides to the GF in 2002 and 2003 and PF last year, so it is hard to critisise him given the performances he has delivered.

Unfortunately my friend, you will get a bad reception on here because the highly deluded, rose coloured glasses brigade rules. They don't want to debate interesting arguments, they just want us to be as deluded as them.

You are complaining about management and your Avatar is a picture of Prime Minister Dudd?!:DPwhoooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar:D:D:pHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhh.:D:D Someone get me a needle to sew up my sides, they just split from laughing. Phwoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr:D, sorry I'm hysterical here.

Maybe we could get old Dudd in as a consultant. We could apologise to Carlton, give our jumper away to Port Adelaide, sign a treaty with Essendon to subsidise their cheer squad and and tax own our supporters every time they buy a Pie at the G because some of them are fat. But overall he will make sure that none of these measures in any way contribute to winning a premiership. Any other bright ideas?

By the way you have about as much of a clue as PM Dudd. Both Hawthorn and Footscray have equal or better training facilities than us, and Essendon have quite a good set up as well. Richmond is just about to spend over $10 mil on Punt Rd and Carlton aren't far behind. All Eddie did was position us a couple of years ahead of the pack. BTW Footscary have not won a premeireship since 1954. Do the math. St Kilda only have 1 Premiership and the Cats have won 2 in the last 50 years, just like us. Are you sure that isn't you Mr PM?

I think everyone needs to lay off the OP.
Seriously he has some points.

If we don't get a flag this year or at least get very close MM's time may be up, it's reality.

If we fall pathetically out of the finals in the first round to a dud team such as North, St Kilda, Richmond or Carlton then really questions will be asked.

I share some of his frustrations. If it's a playing group issue then some will have to be traded or delisted too. I have at least 5 players in mind who probably should not be on the list.

The OP is pissed off. Give him/her a break, there is reason to be pissed.
Ok so a little carried away with the Eddie bit, but that was just misdirected passion.

I agree what Utter Crap that is - pieblessing Are you Serious?

Pot meet Kettle. Just another Carlton supporter in denial. I'm getting bloody tired of the extreme negativity shown by some claiming to be Collingwood supporters and you're high on the list of repeat offenders. If you had another team listed I'm 99.95% sure you would have been red carded. For the love of Collingwood please, PLEASE! paste your posts into Word or equivalent and at least correct the spelling if you're going to troll in the guise of a Collingwood supporter.

Well, I thought I'd seen it all..... until now.
Have we run out of people to blame for a loss? Looks like it, why not turn on the President? seems logical, the one that has made our club what it is today...... oh yeah, that makes sense :rolleyes:. Talk about turning on one of our own.... :cool:

Our club and the people that run the club have done everything in their power to make this club great. We have the best facilities of any other. We have some of the best coaching staff in the business. We have so much money that is constantly being spent on our players to push them to their best. However, all that is worthless if the players don't do anything with it. If a player wants to succeed, he will take all that he is given, all the facilities etc. and will put them to good use and become a great player. Then there are some players who wont; they have all this infront of them but won't put in the 100% and use it.
At the end of the day there's nothing more that the President, admin, training staff, conditioning staff, or coaches can do. When the boys run out onto the field on a Saturday, it's all in their hands. They can take what they have been taught off the field & put it to good use & win a game of footy, or they wont.

As long as everyone off the field and behind the scenes are doing everything in their power to give the players the best available it will pay off eventually. There is nothing this club wouldn't do for it's players because they just want the same stuff as us & we will get it. Give it a chance.

correct em if i'm wrong, but doesn't eddie have little or no real influence on the way we play footy? he is the president not a coach. he's done his job, if anyone's unhappy with how we are going shouldn't it be one of the coaches that gets the blame?

Well, I thought I'd seen it all..... until now.
Have we run out of people to blame for a loss?

I demand the head of the guy who prepares the match-up videos for the team. Clearly he's to blame as well.

And there isn't enough roughage in the training day lunches - sack the cooks!

I also feel like the receptionists at the Lexus Centre don't smile enough to greet new visitors.

Who else...

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for a shake up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back