Time to draw a line

Remove this Banner Ad

Post of the year for mine!

I think they play for each other but have got in a rut, this is it - if the young lads don't understand how much we hate the blues and how important it is to beat those pr!cks then they should be wearing another jumper.

One of my pet hates is when a player is deliberately snipered behind play, or a dirty knock and nobody goes up and backs him up.. to me this is the biggest let down to see. I saw rambo do it last year a couple of times and showed me that he did play for his jumper.

Bryan should have come in for Fraser, maybe both should have come in. But Bryan more, with rocca and trav out, he has more ability than Leroy to play up forward. Im not too convinced on Wood to be honest. Another player that doesn't show heart, last year both Carlton games we lost for the exact reason that nobody looked like they wanted to be out there. Arguably the two biggest days on the clubs calender, and the players didn't even come to play.

This brings me to Scott Burns, i was absolutely gutted when he announced his retirement. He was one of our most important players and it showed when we didn't have him in last years final against Saint Kilda. Superb captain and leader, showed heart which is what we so obviously lack. Todays game is so psychological... If you go with the right mindset anything is possible and at the moment we are playing as individuals.
I think that either directly or indirectly that you hit the nail on the head. My big problem with this team is the lack of visible, intense, and demanding leadership on the field. I would like to see a captain who occasionally loses it with players who either under-perform and/or don't have a real go. Unfortunately I do not see it within the current team and/or playing list. I like Nick Maxwell as he does have a go but he is prone to make mistakes such as he did on Monday night when punching the ball directly to St Kilda players near goal. Moreover like many other Collingwood players he has some real questions about his disposal skills especially foot skills. I hope he can get better but I am not sure.

And to whichever poster maligned Fraser as heartless, note that he was the first to the fray in the first of these videos.
also got knocked out by rocca too.......

Is it weird that I lol at that?
i loved how that day everyone thought it was fev, then we got home watched the replay and had a giggle that rocca missed fev and cleaned up fraser who still came back on and dominated O'hAilipan

And to whichever poster maligned Fraser as heartless, note that he was the first to the fray in the first of these videos.

hahaaaahahahaha...

was also the first to drop like a sac of shit...

fraser loves to bark... you know it...

Actually, you'll notice "the first to drop like a sac of shit" was indeed Fevola.
after he turned and tried to run from didak and then rocca

but hey facts and good stories Thatday

Well said, Didaka.

I posted something similar a few weeks back along the same lines.

We show no heart, we show no passion, we show no desire. We have no grunt.

Anyway we can fax this thread to Lexus?

I agree Didaka, and it's as much a problem as some of the suits sitting in the box.

For a team that has built winning games on not being the most talented, but the hardest, it's very disappointing. It goes against the club, which is a bit of grit and hardness, a blue collar club

i read someones sig on here a few days ago. Something along the lines of not accepting mediocrity, and softness. The final sentence was if you to want to wear the shirt, you must bleed for the shirt. That should be our motto.

Go Pies

We certainly didn't do this today.

Mick has lost the players, they have no idea what they're doing out there, the gameplan is non-existant. We are showing no passion, no heart, nothing, zilch, zip, nada!

It's time to move on Mick, we need a breath of fresh air!

An absolute discrace.

Embarrassing.

Mick, do the right thing and resign. Effective immediately.

We all need a change. The club, the players and the coach.

You'd be hard pressed to find another coach who could have extracted as much out of our sides as he has, in the last 10 seasons.

But the time has come.

The change will be good for all parties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to draw a line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back