Time to get something clear...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mickdog

All Australian
Mar 1, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
....the AFL is the Australian football league and no longer the Victorian football league. Therefor to ignore the other areas in Australia is against what the game stands for. Against every part of the game growing nationally.
All you Vic fans cingrats on supporting footy for so long and sticking by your clubs but to have a national comp then you must have teams focussed in all areas of Australia. That means move, merge or fold for there isn't going to be enough money to keep 10 teams in one part of Australia and only 6 teams outside that small area.
We al love our clubs and would hate to see them die, so why don't fans of clubs that are likely to move or merge (any Vic club other then Collingwood and Essendon currently) support the idea and try to push there club to another level, a better support base and even majot success?

Why can't people get over the idea and just understand that clubs will relocate, merge or die. Its only a matter of time. The game is not the same as it was years ago. Now its controlled by money and money isn't centred in Victoria. Its more available Australia wide.
If I supported the Kangas or Bulldogs I would support a move that could see my club become very successful. I would still get to see many games living in Victoria. I would get to see my club at its best. With record support. Why not jump on the idea?

Weather you like it or not it could be your club that has to move, merge or fold. What would you pick if you had 1 of those three options?

P.S. If you answer the question about move, merge or fold then they are the only answers. Thias thread isn't about why your club will be great if only this or that blah blah blah. Its a simple question.

The WCEFL. Well the only AFL news i hear is about the eagles.

With so many jumpers over the years, we'd probably have enough for several clubs. Just clone our side a few times. Let's see...

Golden Royal Wings Football Club
Royal Golden Wings Football Club
Navy Golden Wings of White Football Club
Navy Yellow Wings of White Football Club
Landing Eagle Football Club
Eagle Head Football Club
Royal Golden Wings of White Football Club
Sky Yellow Wings Footall Club
Rainbow Landing Eagle Football Club
Wings and Head Football Club
Small Golden Royal Wings Football Club
Small Royal Golden Wings Football Club
Old Eagle Head Football Club
Collar Old Eagle Head Football Club
Blue Training Eagle Head Football Club
Goldent Training Eagle Head Football Club
Orange Training Eagle Head Football Club

yay

Truth is, the other Australian clubs aren't proving how viable they are either.

Lions making 1 mill losses. Port making losses, Sydney would be too without the handouts.

What was he saying again?

....the AFL is the Australian football league and no longer the Victorian football league. Therefor to ignore the other areas in Australia is against what the game stands for. Against every part of the game growing nationally.
All you Vic fans cingrats on supporting footy for so long and sticking by your clubs but to have a national comp then you must have teams focussed in all areas of Australia. That means move, merge or fold for there isn't going to be enough money to keep 10 teams in one part of Australia and only 6 teams outside that small area.
We al love our clubs and would hate to see them die, so why don't fans of clubs that are likely to move or merge (any Vic club other then Collingwood and Essendon currently) support the idea and try to push there club to another level, a better support base and even majot success?

Why can't people get over the idea and just understand that clubs will relocate, merge or die. Its only a matter of time. The game is not the same as it was years ago. Now its controlled by money and money isn't centred in Victoria. Its more available Australia wide.
If I supported the Kangas or Bulldogs I would support a move that could see my club become very successful. I would still get to see many games living in Victoria. I would get to see my club at its best. With record support. Why not jump on the idea?

Weather you like it or not it could be your club that has to move, merge or fold. What would you pick if you had 1 of those three options?

P.S. If you answer the question about move, merge or fold then they are the only answers. Thias thread isn't about why your club will be great if only this or that blah blah blah. Its a simple question.

You have been an AFL supporter for 5 minutes. What would you know what the game stands for.

Thank God your not.

I have seen my club successful and we did it playing in Melbourne.

Fold: The clubs gone forever
Merge: The clubs gone forever
Relocate: The clubs gone forever and will only be brought up when it suits the new team.

You know what I find hypocritical Mickdog, is that on another thread on the Sydney Swans message board you said that you thought that bringing up South Melbourne after the 2005 Grand Final was wrong, yet you expect Kangaroos and Bulldogs supporters to support their club if they relocated but you dont agree with the old club and its supporters being acknowledged.

You have been an AFL supporter for 5 minutes. What would you know what the game stands for.

Thank God your not.

Relocate: The clubs gone forever and will only be brought up when it suits the new team.

You know what I find hypocritical Mickdog, is that on another thread on the Sydney Swans message board you said that you thought that bringing up South Melbourne after the 2005 Grand Final was wrong, yet you expect Kangaroos and Bulldogs supporters to support their club if they relocated but you dont agree with the old club and its supporters being acknowledged.

Good pick up, so he is a newbie bandwagoner supporter, who knows nothing about tradition & the pain of following a club through the bad years. :thumbsu:

maybe but it is inevitable. I guess what he is saying is something is better than nothing coz if ya don't take something you are going to have nothing. I suspect though that the majority of supporters would see something as the same as nothing, until it happens, then they'll be forced to hold on to whatever they can (i.e. the bloods)or quit supporting AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously seeing the team you support you are talking from first hand experience regarding relocation. Most Vic sides are prepared to fight for the place rather than just bow down to the wishes of the AFL. 27 odd years ago the then VFL wanted and Sydney based team and your side was happy to move doesn't mean the rest of us should.

Thank God your not.

I didn't like it either, but i'm not pushing for a Victorian club to move to Sydney. I would rather an expansion of the competition, much like the Gold Coast Titans.

I reckon that there are too many clubs in Melbourne, and unless the AFL are content to keep bailing out the underperforming clubs, then something will have to give. How and when that will be I don't know, but certain clubs would do well to make sure that when it happens, they have put themselves in the best possible position to minimise the damage, such as Hawthorn, who are likely to play four games in Tas forever, that way ensuring they have the cash to maintain a solid Melbourne presence.

Obviously seeing the team you support you are talking from first hand experience regarding relocation.

Pffft. This newbie only decided to support the Swans a week ago.

Knows nothing about the game, the competition, the clubs or their traditions. Has nothing to offer and can make nothing "clear" to anyone on this board who has actually followed a club for a season or more.

Oh look at me, I'm from Victoria so therefore i am f****** king s*** when it comes to AFL knowledge.

Actually it was "Mickdog knows f******* nothing about AFL", that's all. Not a state issue, or club issue, just a knowall, bigmouthed newbie issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to get something clear...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back