Time to get something clear...

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldnt be bothered quoting all of you **** posts so i choose this one but really - were you conceived with a weak sperm ? was your dad just whacking off one night and your mum came along and sat on it at the last moment ?

good to see that the sex education classes paid off eh?

cdont foreget to be careful who you shake hands with, aids bastards are everywhere:eek:

Oh yes they do. Extra money for over twenty years because it is "more expensive to live in Sydney".

Noooooo....that's not a hand out, that's extra space in their salary cap. a hand out is when someone gives you money; extra space in the salary cap is how you spend money that you raise yourself.

Not all that tricky I wouldn't have thought.

Pay attention in comprehension class in future.

Noooooo....that's not a hand out, that's extra space in their salary cap. a hand out is when someone gives you money; extra space in the salary cap is how you spend money that you raise yourself.

It's still a major advantage. About $1 million extra in the salary cap is obviously a huge bonus.

Regardless of whether it's a literal 'handout' or not doesn't matter, it's something they get that they rest of us don't.

That may well be true,

but if the then VFL didn't buy the license back off the good doctor and take over the management themselves, Sydney would be all but history now.

It's still a major advantage. About $1 million extra in the salary cap is obviously a huge bonus.

Regardless of whether it's a literal 'handout' or not doesn't matter, it's something they get that they rest of us don't.

$1 million extra :eek:

Where did you get that figure from?

You aren't allowed to say that if you lost a GF to them because it is only sour grapes.

Fact is it is a massive and cumulative advantage in an otherwise heavily regulated player market.

You aren't allowed to say that if you lost a GF to them because it is only sour grapes.

Fact is it is a massive and cumulative advantage in an otherwise heavily regulated player market.

It would be if we received anywhere near that amount. Unfortunately we don't.

Also...If it is such a massive advantage (In other words....if we don't actually need to pay players more for them to fork out massive amounts of money to live in Sydney) then why do we not have a list better than any other team in the competition?

As it stands there are probably 5 or 6 clubs with a better list.

NimChief: Sydney would be too without the handouts

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21684080-5001023,00.html

In the lead-up to their game against the Kangaroos, it was again suggested that the AFL has bankrolled the Swans' success in the interests of validating a truly national competition. The fresh contention has drawn a strong response from Swans chairman Richard Colless.

"Well, it is the greatest myth in Australian sport," Colless said.

"The idea that the Swans have got this magic ride and it is all thanks to the AFL.

"Yes, the vast majority think we have NSW as a zone.

"Yes, the vast majority think we get financial injections from the AFL.

"It is insulting beyond belief."

The Swans last received financial assistance from the league from 1993 to 1998.

They have a cost-of-living allowance, which is self-funded, that enables their salary cap to be of equal value in their market to clubs operating in less-expensive environments.

These threads, while not as common as threads on Judd moving back to melbourne are becoming pretty common.

I think the main problem is the fact that the AFL was teams to relocate and, for want of a better word, not have blood on their hands or at least minimise it.

The AFL should come out with a clear policy on its ideal competition structure and how it intends to transition the competition to such a structure.

After such a long period of beating around the bush, the AFL finally came out with an and said that it wants a team on the Gold Coast after the Kangaroos three-year deal expires which I think is in 2010.

Are you going to be faced with the same bullshit when it wants to relocate a team to NSW?

When the AFL needed to get rid of a team in 1996 for Port's entrance, ulitmately the weakest Victorian team went (Fitzroy). Now that it wants a team on the Gold Coast, it is targetting the current weakest Victorian side in the Kangaroos. It seems logical to conclude that when the second NSW team is being pushed the weakest Victorian team at the time will be targeted.

If it is the AFL's agenda to relocate the weakest Victorian club in this manner, why doesn't come out with it upfront? Instead we get all these half-truths and innuendo. The losers are the genuine supporters who go through a roller coaster ride and hoping against hope it want be them and then being ultimately disappointed.

It is clear to most that 9 metro clubs in Victoria just can't last. In today's world it is also clear that the weakest will give way. You almost wish the the AFL would bite the bullett, reorganise the competition for next season so that all this crap we keep hearing about can stop.

I don't think the AFL want to say that simply as it would piss fans off and may even push them away. Its best to do it this way behind closed doors.

Actually really looking forward to it all happening. Finally the game will be national

It simply is the words. The Sydney Swans are called the Sydney Swans not South Melbourne anymore. Just like the Knagaroos will be the Gold Coast Kagaroos. The Western Bulldogs will be the Western Sydney Bulldogs. Call them by there name. Simple as that:rolleyes:

Well then perhaps you can tell me how many Premierships the Sydney Swans have won. How many Brownlow medalists do they have?

Well until that occurs we are still The North Melbourne Football Club and they are still the Western Bulldogs.

I don't think the AFL want to say that simply as it would piss fans off and may even push them away. Its best to do it this way behind closed doors.

Actually really looking forward to it all happening. Finally the game will be national

The game of Aussie Rules is already national.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well then perhaps you can tell me how many Premierships the Sydney Swans have won. How many Brownlow medalists do they have?

Well until that occurs we are still The North Melbourne Football Club and they are still the Western Bulldogs.

Exactly right mate. I doubt it will be for too long though:p

With 1 game every second week in the biggest city on Australia? Thats truely national:rolleyes:

Sydney should have 3 teams

See your mixing up AFL and aussie rules football again. Thats not suprising giving that your from NSW.

You do now that its more expensive to live in Melbourne than it does in Adelaide. So should Melbourne clubs have a bigger salary cap than the Power and the Crows?

See your mixing up AFL and aussie rules football again. Thats not suprising giving that your from NSW.

You do now that its more expensive to live in Melbourne than it does in Adelaide. So should Melbourne clubs have a bigger salary cap than the Power and the Crows?

Depending on where you live in Melbourne. Some clubs should but some shouldn't.

The NRL is vertually NSWQRL+NZ and Melb. now to me, National means the whole country is represented. The NRL should expand to SA, NT and WA before the AFL begins expanding the league into 1 more territory - the NT. Tasmania is far too small to accomodate an AFL side, as is the ACT IMO

The NRL is vertually NSWQRL+NZ and Melb. now to me, National means the whole country is represented. The NRL should expand to SA, NT and WA before the AFL begins expanding the league into 1 more territory - the NT. Tasmania is far too small to accomodate an AFL side, as is the ACT IMO

Whats the NRL got to do with the AFL expanding? I would like the NRL to expand and it will in the future.

Its important that the AFL get a large pressance in NSW and QLD now imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to get something clear...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back