Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
do we think that due to an already better comp in the vflw and sanflw and alike and that crowds and ratings are down heaps in the aflw.

Do we think in 2023 its time to give the aflw a rest.

If they do play it have it in feb as a 4 week comp and play mid week say on wednesdays to make it up to 8 rounds in 4 weeks then the top 2 play in the gf.

A shorter comp and a show case i guess to the vflw season.

Play say a round 1 on sat and sunday then the following wednesday play round 2 then sat and sun round 3 wednesday round 4 and so on and so forth.

Makes sense and play the games at marvel and mcg in melbourne and say scg in sydney.

To me the aflw 7 this edition of it has become amatuerish and based on a cash grab by the afl.

No one cares on footy now its not footy season and everyones turned off they have bigger events like spring carnival and cricket on now.

And fancy playing at rank grounds like east ballarat oval and alike its a bit rank.

Its not really promoting it.

Do it right or dont do it at all is my advice.

At least vflw is run better and they know how to do it in the vflw as well.

Look the talent is the same too ill say vflw is harder to play and harder to win too.

Last few aflws have been ok but this one stinks.

Hope it doesnt wreak it for future aflw's

No skipping a year is stupid. it just needs to stick to a time and season duration now that all teams are in.

*I would like every team to play at lest once.

*I would like aflw to still connect with community grounds but happy for more to be moved for circumstances that are appropriate to the G etc.

Calling Mars Stadium rank is just trolling, one of the better surfaces out there even according to the men who play there.

There is plenty of interest in the league if you ignore the trolls.

edit: auto correct fix

do we think that due to an already better comp in the vflw and sanflw and alike and that crowds and ratings are down heaps in the aflw.

Do we think in 2023 its time to give the aflw a rest.

If they do play it have it in feb as a 4 week comp and play mid week say on wednesdays to make it up to 8 rounds in 4 weeks then the top 2 play in the gf.

A shorter comp and a show case i guess to the vflw season.

Play say a round 1 on sat and sunday then the following wednesday play round 2 then sat and sun round 3 wednesday round 4 and so on and so forth.

Makes sense and play the games at marvel and mcg in melbourne and say scg in sydney.

To me the aflw 7 this edition of it has become amatuerish and based on a cash grab by the afl.

No one cares on footy now its not footy season and everyones turned off they have bigger events like spring carnival and cricket on now.

And fancy playing at rank grounds like east ballarat oval and alike its a bit rank.

Its not really promoting it.

Do it right or dont do it at all is my advice.

At least vflw is run better and they know how to do it in the vflw as well.

Look the talent is the same too ill say vflw is harder to play and harder to win too.

Last few aflws have been ok but this one stinks.

Hope it doesnt wreak it for future aflw's
I personally don't watch AFLW, as once the men's season ends I watch other sports througn the summer and take a bit of a break from footy.

But they've just expanded, and from all reports from people I speak with about footy, the scoring and standard is improving, so I don't see them taking a break.

I think they might need to review the scheduling, in terms of when the season is played and the amount of games, but the AFL as an organization are committed to this, and AFLW will continue. Hopefully it continues to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back