Time to move Sauce on

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately I agree, no one can doubt the good service Sauce has given us for 8 years but the game is going past him. We are now entering the era of more athletic ruckman and he doesn't fit that category. Definitely should look at a unwanted ruckmen from another time such as Pruess from north Melbourne or even Sam Draper from Essendon.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unfortunately I agree, no one can doubt the good service Sauce has given us for 8 years but the game is going past him. We are now entering the era of more athletic ruckman and he doesn't fit that category. Definitely should look at a unwanted ruckmen from another time such as Pruess from north Melbourne or even Sam Draper from Essendon.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

We’ve also allow him to make the call to drive himself into the ground.

If Sauce was managed properly, he probably wouldn’t be so cooked; but I think we’re beyond that now.

There is no better gettable option than Preuss.
If I were north there'd be no way i'd let him go unless for crazy overs. He is probably worth about the same as Witts a couple of years back, the difference being Witts had Grundy in front of him and Preuss has an aging Goldstein.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The days of this are over. :eek: :$

anigif_sub-buzz-9002-1501480845-2.gif

:p

Simple coaching based solution to all this would be to instruct our on-ballers to rove the opposition Ruckman at all costs.

Win/win, bloody obvious,should have been implemented 3-4 years ago.

Richmond dont play a ruck half the time. Lets see what happens with the rule change adjustments. If no more boundary throw ins due to last touch the ruckmans role will be vastly different.The tall lumberer is officially dead. Was years ago, were just slow to the party.

This.

Hunter off the list at the end of the year. Himmelberg being developed in ruck. ROB will be back next year from his shoulder surgery. I doubt finding another ruckman will be any sort of priority. Particularly while Jenkins can still provide the ocassional chop out
I think we'll go the Gus Graham route again. Find a cheap ruckman who has some AFL experience, which is why I think we'll grab Tom Campbell who looks like he's on the outer at the Doggies.

I'd also ask about Darcy Cameron at the Swans too or Sam Draper at Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to move Sauce on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back