Time we dropped our senior players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Curious Miguel Sanchez

Fivey with many/most now starting to get around the notion of how NOT dropping our list of untouchables has led us to where we are now, with senior players setting the standard of underperforming to the point of the club being at crisis point (3 emails from Nesbitt and counting?)

Has there always been some truth to what myself and many others have been saying on here for a few years now?

Because we DON'T drop underperformers, we roll with this credits in the bank bullshit, we are a team full of talent and no heart and desire to win.

Not chasing a "Haha told you so" FYI, but i'd like to know if you've come around yet, and believe if we'd have dropped them in the past, we wouldn't be in the basket case situation we're in now with our 'leaders'?

I notice in your changes these days you seem to be open to the idea a bit more.

I told you so btw.

Curious Miguel Sanchez

Fivey with many/most now starting to get around the notion of how NOT dropping our list of untouchables has led us to where we are now, with senior players setting the standard of underperforming to the point of the club being at crisis point (3 emails from Nesbitt and counting?)

Has there always been some truth to what myself and many others have been saying on here for a few years now?

Because we DON'T drop underperformers, we roll with this credits in the bank bullshit, we are a team full of talent and no heart and desire to win.

Not chasing a "Haha told you so" FYI, but i'd like to know if you've come around yet, and believe if we'd have dropped them in the past, we wouldn't be in the basket case situation we're in now with our 'leaders'?

Our list of 3-4 15 untouchables

Curious Miguel Sanchez

I told you so btw.

Maybe a little? But I was having trouble identifying which senior player would be an appropriate sacrifice this week. Gov might have been the closest had Barrass been available.

I’m more concerned about:
- the insistence on sticking with the failed game plan
- the insistence on picking Allen when he’s clearly injured to the point of being unable to contribute. I’m still hoping he’s a withdrawal at some point between now and Monday.

Maybe a little? But I was having trouble identifying which senior player would be an appropriate sacrifice this week. Gov might have been the closest had Barrass been available.

I’m more concerned about:
- the insistence on sticking with the failed game plan
- the insistence on picking Allen when he’s clearly injured to the point of being unable to contribute. I’m still hoping he’s a withdrawal at some point between now and Monday.
The game plan well executed by the 'players' destroyed Port and beat the Tigers. Far too selective.
Allen was excelent in defence against the Pies.

The game plan isn't broken, but it doesn't suit the team with their current output and skill level.

The players can't execute it and the coach needs to adapt to that, we're not the same team that won 2018 and made it to 2015. Although some of the names are the same, those players are all performing at different levels now to what they used to. We had Lecras, Willie and Jetta. We also had Gaff, Shuey, Sheed and Yeo all using the ball much better than they are currently.

The game plan of high kicking and marking is not an issue, but you need to have the foot skills to do it and we're not close to being that sort of list.

Geelong do it well, they're sitting at the top for marks and kicks at the moment (albeit with high handballs as well), which is what we used to do well. The plan works, and it is joyous to watch when in full flight because to me it's the best exhibition of football that you could hope for. The same style the Hawks used with great success in mid 2010's.

A lot of players are kicking it like trash and they're the ones that are keys to being used in the link up play. Petruccelle, Redden, Sheed, Gaff, Yeo, Naitanui, Barrass, Gov, Kelly, Rotham, Shep and others are all lacking ability to hit creative kicks and some players also lack vision to hit to the flanks rather than squeezing balls into f50 for turnovers.

Of those, Gaff, Sheed, Gov and Kelly are capable of opening the game up but can't do it consistently this year.

With the absence of kicking skills the players should move it quicker and to advantage side at the very least! Yet they fail to do even that, often kicking to very poor pockets of space that the forward has no chance of getting to in order to contest.

Looks pretty much the same team as per the last few months. Hope Witherden at least gets in. Not a lot of older (family) guys dropped off for youth. Are we still going to win the premiership?

Curious Miguel Sanchez

I told you so btw.

not so much about dropping senior players… because there’s no one putting there hand up in WAFL. No one has been top 3 on ground 2-3 games in a row and there’s issues also with gifting young players games when they can’t get Enough of it in WAFL.

more of the issue has been picking unfit senior players. Shuey, McGovern and yeo should not have been picked until they could complete a full match at WAFL. Our big down turn IMO Came when we had multiple players on limited match minutes (and limited positions). There went the defensive running, pressure, ability to spread to help the backwards kicks/switch and tackling. We never recovered, none of the above are fit, or will get fit now. But sadly they are still probably better than O’Neil, trew, edwards, west, ainsworth and brander who are our WAFL midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Time we dropped our senior players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back