Computers & Internet Tinder Part Deux

Remove this Banner Ad

A mid 20s mate of mine (good looking fella and gym junkie) has got 7 Tinder "dates" in 7 days lined up this week, all different girls. Not quite true, he still needs to fill Saturday night but he reckons he has some options there. Kids of today huh?
This your mate?

Attachments

• 1670380427463.jpeg
    1670380427463.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 40

A mid 20s mate of mine (good looking fella and gym junkie) has got 7 Tinder "dates" in 7 days lined up this week, all different girls. Not quite true, he still needs to fill Saturday night but he reckons he has some options there. Kids of today huh?

Whats he trying to do root all 7 after each date 😂

How sad. One girl is enough

Got a match on Hinge. Pretty cute, to be honest.

Two messages in, I asked if they're on holidays now as the profile said teacher.

Got this response.

292021943_1025424748363391_7933688387700624138_n.jpg

Great to be back on the apps!

Is this real life 🥴🥴😂😂

Taylor

I hadn't used Hinge in months and went to hop back on, only to find out I'd been banned. Genuinely dumbfounded, I emailed to ask why. I forgot about it and got a response about a month later.

It was due to one of my prompts, presumably: "A social cause I care about... affordable cigarette access for children".

I guess someone out there hates kids.

I hadn't used Hinge in months and went to hop back on, only to find out I'd been banned. Genuinely dumbfounded, I emailed to ask why. I forgot about it and got a response about a month later.

It was due to one of my prompts, presumably: "A social cause I care about... affordable cigarette access for children".

I guess someone out there hates kids.

They’ve saved you from matching with someone without a sense of humour at least

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the deal these days with tinder etc? Is it frowned upon to see others at the same time? How many dates until you start discussing exclusivity etc? Been a while out the game.

My take (assuming you're looking for a monogamous relationship): Pretty much commonplace for people to be dating multiple people, especially in that 1st-3rd date range. Personally I haven't got the energy for all that texting and shit so I'd rather just focus one at time, and plenty of others are like this. But until exclusivity has been discussed, multiple people is fair game.

As for when to broach exclusivity, it's really going to vary, but 3 dates at least. My gf hit me up about it after about a month. Wasn't such a big deal, just means you both know you aren't banging other people. Defining the relationship can come later.

What’s the deal these days with tinder etc? Is it frowned upon to see others at the same time? How many dates until you start discussing exclusivity etc? Been a while out the game.

If you’re looking for something casual then date as many people as you want, just be open and transparent about it.

If you’re after a relationship look at intentional dating rather than dating several people at once. I found my partner via Hinge with both of intentionally dating. Essentially it means rather than dating several people at once you’re focused on one person at a time, and getting to know them through being present.

I found the problem with dating/messaging several women at once was you’re constantly comparing them and feeling like none of them have all of the attributes you’re after, or that you can ‘do better’ in terms of a future match. It also means you’re half focused on several people rather than wholly focused on one person.

Slowing things down and being present is a total game changer to meeting a partner compared to the current Tinder method.

My take (assuming you're looking for a monogamous relationship): Pretty much commonplace for people to be dating multiple people, especially in that 1st-3rd date range. Personally I haven't got the energy for all that texting and s**t so I'd rather just focus one at time, and plenty of others are like this. But until exclusivity has been discussed, multiple people is fair game.

As for when to broach exclusivity, it's really going to vary, but 3 dates at least. My gf hit me up about it after about a month. Wasn't such a big deal, just means you both know you aren't banging other people. Defining the relationship can come later.
If you’re looking for something casual then date as many people as you want, just be open and transparent about it.

If you’re after a relationship look at intentional dating rather than dating several people at once. I found my partner via Hinge with both of intentionally dating. Essentially it means rather than dating several people at once you’re focused on one person at a time, and getting to know them through being present.

I found the problem with dating/messaging several women at once was you’re constantly comparing them and feeling like none of them have all of the attributes you’re after, or that you can ‘do better’ in terms of a future match. It also means you’re half focused on several people rather than wholly focused on one person.

Slowing things down and being present is a total game changer to meeting a partner compared to the current Tinder method.
Yeah looking for monogamous. I was kind of just having a look and went on a few dates looking to have some fun and wasn't really expecting to meet her and enjoy my time like I have. We've been on about 6 dates now and seems to be going really well but neither of us have brought up the exclusivity yet.
I am 35 and she is 36 and we both want to have kids and we seem very aligned on many aspects.

I know it varies for everyone but I'm probably a little scarred from my last relationship that ended in April so am being a bit pessimistic and nervous about throwing myself fully in again.

The other day I had a message on Tinder from a girl that is also right down my alley but I'm not sure if I should pursue either because it's not like I had the exclusive conversation with the other girl and I don't even know if she's seeing others too. I feel very rusty haha.

Yeah looking for monogamous. I was kind of just having a look and went on a few dates looking to have some fun and wasn't really expecting to meet her and enjoy my time like I have. We've been on about 6 dates now and seems to be going really well but neither of us have brought up the exclusivity yet.
I am 35 and she is 36 and we both want to have kids and we seem very aligned on many aspects.

I know it varies for everyone but I'm probably a little scarred from my last relationship that ended in April so am being a bit pessimistic and nervous about throwing myself fully in again.

The other day I had a message on Tinder from a girl that is also right down my alley but I'm not sure if I should pursue either because it's not like I had the exclusive conversation with the other girl and I don't even know if she's seeing others too. I feel very rusty haha.

IMO if you've been on half a dozen dates and are keen to pursue it further, I'd do that.

Talk to the girl you've been seeing about whether she's seeing anyone else and if she's keen to see where things go. You'll have a clear answer one way or another, if she wants to keep playing the field it might be best to cut your losses now and move on as I'd say after half a dozen dates you should have a pretty good sense of someone being worth investing more time in seeing or not.

If after half a dozen dates she's wanting to see other people still, I'd take that as her hedging her bets because she's waiting for someone else to come along.

Remove this Banner Ad

Computers & Internet Tinder Part Deux

Remove this Banner Ad

Back