Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for press conference welcoming Jesse. Droopy drawers harper sitting next to Jesse."sorry everyone we know that we have royally mismanaged this trade, we apologise to supporters, there was nothing we could do but take sydneys rubbish. Anyway let me introduce .....using best UFC intro voice......Jeeeeeeseeeee Whiiiiiiite.

Or maybe it will be......I know afc supporters will be as thrilled as we are about the trade, most particularly as we have secured the services of long sought after kpp......UFC voice again......Jeeeeseeeee Whiiiiiite.

Will be intersting spin either way

So if someone walks into a store with a $10 note and wants to buy a $20 item the store should just sell that item for $10 because that's all they have ?
There's no way the person took the rest of their money out of their wallet and left it at home under their pillow before heading off to the store was there...?

Vader, can you put the kybosh on this hypothetical. tipp nominates 4 year contract totalling $4m. i understand that this is how it works. for sydney (as reported) to fit that in they will pay about $800k for the 1st couple of years and the balance in the last 2. now, i know we have said that we wouldn't re-draft him. but if we did, would we be able to pay him $200k in the 1st 3 years and then $3.4m in the final year. i know it won't happen, but i would have thought that would be a pretty reasonable sized stick to carry into the negotiations with kuntly.
He still has to agree to the contract - and no manager in his right mind is going to do that. Nor is any list manager in his right mind going to pay 1 player (from a list of 40) 1/3 of the team's entire salary cap for the entire year.

I have a busted ankle yet still can be bothered reading all this crap about Jesse white.

Ill do the other ankle to make sure this doesnt happen.

What sort of ******* club will this shit make us. No one can honestly say that if sent to the PSD that Carlton or GWS will/wont take this Moo. We threatened it, we need to follow through like a tough parent would.

I may have missed it, but if GWS picks him up, do we get compo from the AFL being that they are picking up an uncontracted player?

He has to agree to go and needs to be done B4 draft, during trade week I think.

And once Sheeds (or any other coach with a pick before Sydney) injects a healthy does of reality into Kurts deluded head he'll play footy with them and be well paid for the next two years, at which time he WILL be a free agent and Kurt and his dickhead manager can give their bullshit games another go.

I'm pretty sure it needs to be played at the same club, i.e. Tippett will be a free agent in 2019 or 2020 (assuming he doesn't screw his next club over too).

Can't wait for press conference welcoming Jesse. Droopy drawers harper sitting next to Jesse."sorry everyone we know that we have royally mismanaged this trade, we apologise to supporters, there was nothing we could do but take sydneys rubbish. Anyway let me introduce .....using best UFC intro voice......Jeeeeeeseeeee Whiiiiiiite.

Or maybe it will be......I know afc supporters will be as thrilled as we are about the trade, most particularly as we have secured the services of long sought after kpp......UFC voice again......Jeeeeseeeee Whiiiiiite.

Will be intersting spin either way

The awkward level will be off the scale :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this isn't happening. this isn't happening. this isn't happening.

It's just a bad dream, in a couple of moments, I'll wake up...

wake up!!!

wake up now god damn it!!!

WAKE UP!!!!

from the 1 replay i've seen of Jesse White taking a mark, he's got more co-ordination than Tippett.
(Clutching at straws here).

If the club come out and say we've done well, or that we should at least judge Jesse after he has played a season or 2, I will cut sick. I hope White becomes a very good player for us, and will be pleased if that is the case, but that is completely beside the point. The fact is, that we could have acquired White for a pick in the 50s or 60s. His value is slightly above 'nothing', and even then, some are saying he is worthless in the trade market.

The people responsible for such a trade should be held accountable NOW. NOT years down the track once we 'wait and see how he goes', when Noble et al have retired, or moved on to cushy jobs elsewhere. If White turns out to be the next superstar of the comp, the reality is that we have still been screwed over in the trade (assuming White and 22 goes ahead).

Speak of the devil....

http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/...eaving-the-crows/story-e6frfkp9-1226498394487

Former Port Adelaide midfielder Nick Stevens has warned Kurt Tippett that switching clubs could be one of his biggest regrets.
As Tippett risks being sent to this year's pre-season draft, Stevens made the shock revelation that he wouldn't have left Port in 2003 had he known the extent of Carlton's then poor financial state.

Unlike the Blues a decade ago, the Swans are currently in a healthy position but Stevens still senses Tippett could be making a mistake.
"For me, personally, I see it as a bizarre move to leave such a great side," he said.
"It might not turn out for him but that's obviously his call and he wants to go for some reason, I'm not sure why.
"But from an outsider looking in to Adelaide, they've had a fantastic year and there's some pretty exciting times ahead.
"Sando's (Crows coach Brenton Sanderson) been just an unbelievable coach for someone in his first year."
Stevens was forced to wait until the 2004 pre-season draft, where he was selected at pick No.2 by Carlton, after Port and his club of choice - Collingwood - were unable to strike a deal in trade week.
At the time, the Victorian insisted he was heading home for "family reasons", something Queenslander Tippett can no longer claim.
"His situation is a bit different because he's chosen to go to Sydney, so that's not returning home," he said.

On the plus side, White has better disposal efficiency and is a straighter shot for goal. Also, clutching at straws.

from the 1 replay i've seen of Jesse White taking a mark, he's got more co-ordination than Tippett.
(Clutching at straws here).

If the club come out and say we've done well, or that we should at least judge Jesse after he has played a season or 2, I will cut sick. I hope White becomes a very good player for us, and will be pleased if that is the case, but that is completely beside the point. The fact is, that we could have acquired White for a pick in the 50s or 60s. His value is slightly above 'nothing', and even then, some are saying he is worthless in the trade market.

The people responsible for such a trade should be held accountable NOW. NOT years down the track once we 'wait and see how he goes', when Noble et al have retired, or moved on to cushy jobs elsewhere. If White turns out to be the next superstar of the comp, the reality is that we have still been screwed over in the trade (assuming White and 22 goes ahead).

So what, you expect them to say at the presser "look, we aren't happy with the outcome, we obviously would have preferred both a better pick and player, but we felt it better to end up with something rather than nothing". :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back