Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big worry of course is Emma Q rumoured extra payment that goes with the second rounder clause. This is what will screw us over IF true.

spot on Paladin, no defence against that if true. Triggy would be dead meat.

For that reason alone I doubt it is true. If we did something so blatantly against the rules, surely Triggy would not commit career suicide and bring it (and correspondence) to the AFL's attention. Surely he would have just accepted Sydney's trade deal and crossed his fingers.

Unless......he saw the denouement coming with the Blucher/Voldemort threat to challenge in court. Shot, then it could be true.

Plenty more drama to be had here folks!

Have to look at intent of Adelaide v intent of Carlton

How did we benefit from the agreement ? ..as i have said no different to player nominating preferred club in a trade ..no difference

IMO we'll get a sizable fine, no loss of Draft Picks ......BUT that depends on this payment issue and if proven then i reserve my right to change opinions ;)

Tend to agree with you and if it is loss of draft picks it wont be this year, because the investigation is going to drag on.

My tips;
AFC - sizeable fine, maybe DPs removed 2013 draft
Tippett - fined / maybe games, goes into draft
Blucher - deregistered as an agent
Velocity - fined
Trigg - centrelink

spot on Paladin, no defence against that if true. Triggy would be dead meat.

For that reason alone I doubt it is true. If we did something so blatantly against the rules, surely Triggy would not commit career suicide and bring it (and correspondence) to the AFL's attention. Surely he would have just accepted Sydney's trade deal and crossed his fingers.

Unless......he saw the denouement coming with the Blucher/Voldemort threat to challenge in court. Shot, then it could be true.

Plenty more drama to be had here folks!
:confused: Crows don't raise this .....they get #23 and White

Trigg therefore raises it because bad deal .....and Tippett goes PSD and we get nothing

What was the strategy and timing supposed to achieve other than another Crows loss??

Tend to agree with you and if it is loss of draft picks it wont be this year, because the investigation is going to drag on.

My tips;
Tippett - fine / maybe games, goes into draft
Velocity - fine
Trigg - cushy job at AFL House
EFA.

They LOVE incompetence.

Fathom and believe.

I agree that there is an onus on the Board members to ask the appropriate questions but I also believe what has happened goes well beyond "Don't ask, don't tell". I have been on Boards in the past and some CEO's can be very evasive and some can't even handle the truth. Unless there is a final twist to this bizarre affair then Triggy is gone, gone, gone.

Come on I cannot be the only person that spotted this............

My tips;
Tippett - fine / maybe games, goes into draft
Velocity - fine
Trigg - centrelink
Tippett cannot be exonerated in this .....he signed the contract document fully aware that it was in breach of rules

Ignorance is no excuse

Have you even bothered looking at any of the posts quoting the rule regarding "conduct prejudicial to the Draft"? It is abundantly clear that we are as guilty as sin in this regard. There's just no way of reading that definition and arguing that we're not.

The problem is that you have your definition of what you think "draft tampering". By your definition, Adelaide are not guilty. The bad news is that the AFL don't use your definition - they use the one which is spelled out in the Player Rules document. According to that definition, we are in deep, deep, doodoo.

I would prefer that if the Crows were going to tamper they did a better job of it.

This tampering scenario is to the Crows detriment. Which club would agree that they would trade a valued player for a second round draft pick.

There is no gain to this for Adelaide unlike the other tampering scenarios we had in past i.e Carlton

Sounds to me like this was demanded by the Tippets thus I don’t think Adelaide should bear the brunt of this. When you tamper with something you would think the outcome

Needs to be positive- the only ones with positive outcome was Kurt.

Secondly if the Crows paid for Joel Tippets relocation- what is wrong with this? he is a footballer in his own right and the Crows may have wanted to

Keep an eye on his progress. If it was another player there would be no issue. Plus when Tippo signed the contract extension that was 2009 and Joel

Was still on the Gold Coast list. Thus this is a totally independent matter and is a storm in a tea cup in my opinion made up by Rucci.

I don't see how AFL will approve the White and pick 23 deal as they already scoffed at it for being murky. They don't see the deal as commercially viable and rightly so.

We don't know that was the deal. It may well have been white and a second round pick (as in the 'agreement').

#23 is a commercial deal, not a great one for us, but Sydney would be giving us their highest pick.

Sydney's second rounder + white was not a commercial deal. If the AFL rejected the deal it was probably this deal. Ireland and Blucher were probably being pricks (by insisting we become victims or our stupid deal three years ago.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can sydney afford tippet if they cant get rid of white?
White was linked to crows and brisb but if they dont want him anymore wonder what will happen.

AFL will applaud Sydney for their professional conduct and kindly offer them cap relief to fit Tippett in without delisting/trading anyone...

Have to look at intent of Adelaide v intent of Carlton

How did we benefit from the agreement ? ..as i have said no different to player nominating preferred club in a trade ..no difference

IMO we'll get a sizable fine, no loss of Draft Picks ......BUT that depends on this payment issue and if proven then i reserve my right to change opinions ;)

AFC benefited by having a player at the club for 3 years who may not have been if there was no deal.

Wonder if the extra deal was some sort of financial guarantee about the price KT received for his property in Adelaide. To be an exit clause it has to be something like this to make sense.

Can someone lay out, step-by-step, this whole alleged scenario with the "get-out clause".

Been hearing about it on the radio, but since I don't follow the situation as close as you guys, can someone make sense of everything Adelaide, Tippett and his manager, are accussed of? How serious could the ramifications be?

There is supposedly a 2nd, "secret" contract that was signed 3 years, where we would agree to trade Tippett for a 2nd round draft pick, if he so desired. There seems to be a disagreement as to whether the contract stipulated home to QLD or was just to a club of Tippett's choosing. The fact that Tippett went so far as to make up some BS about how Sydney is really "home" because he was born there and spent the first couple of months of his life there, seems to suggest that there may have a clause to specifically trade him "home".

Now there also seems to be a suggestion that of a non-disclosed payment, many have speculated as to what it may be, but at this point this is neither here nor there.

Ramifications could be quite serious. Although the good thing on our behalf is we are reasonably strong financially and don't have any decent draft picks for the AFL to take away from us, unlike Carlton in 2002 who lost access to both Goddard, Wells and then some through the picks removed from them.

Also, as Crows supporters, how do you rate your chances of winning or even contesting for a flag this year, if the worst case scenario happens, sanction-wise? Do you think you will drop down the ladder, or do you think your list is good enough to contend again, despite what is happening?

Interested to hear your thoughts!

The good news out of this all is, unless the AFL go as far to remove premiership points from us, we're still in a pretty good position regarding next years season and a few seasons after that. Unlike Carlton a few years ago, our list is in extremely good shape, it is relatively young and promising players, with enough immediate coverage across all positions on the field. There is certainly more than enough for Sando to work with moving into next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back