Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you make a statement that no club could do better and then you say you have no clue as to what other clubs actually do.

In reality then your just posting sychophantic drivel and adding nothing to the debate.

And by the way you know nothing about me so I would suggest you keep your smart arsed comments to yourself.
I believe B.T. says it best:

"Wowwweeeee".

It's one thing to just accept pick 12 or something. That's a mile below Kurt's value, but it's still reasonable given that he and Sydney hold the cards. Pick 22 is just an insult.

My greatest fear out of all this is that we WILL end up with a pick around 12/13 and use it pick a rubbish player, while pick 22/23 ends up being the greatest player of all time.

My greatest fear out of all this is that we WILL end up with a pick around 12/13 and use it pick a rubbish player, while pick 22/23 ends up being the greatest player of all time.

We have a great track record with picks around this area in the draft. Davis, Danger, Smith, Talia etc all picked around there.

Is it just me, or did this entire Jesse White thing start with some bozo on twitter noticing that Jesse had followed a few Crows players, and the story has just escalated from there? THe fact that so many news outlets and media personalities are saying doesn't mean it's more likely to be true, it just means they are repeating each other's stories.

FFS people haven't we learnt that footy jurnos know no more than we do, this time last year they were strongly suggesting Burns and Neeld for the coaching job, more recently they suggested Lynch was a Monty for acarlton and the next day he signed with the pies

Both Syd and Adel have been extremely tight lipped in recent days which suggests to me that they are working on something and deliberately keeping it from the media which just adds to my argument that the media is no more than guessing

So before people give themselves a cardiac arrest or start throwing hand grandees at the club can we at least wait for some credible information from either club to emerge

Is it just me, or did this entire Jesse White thing start with some bozo on twitter noticing that Jesse had followed a few Crows players, and the story has just escalated from there? THe fact that so many news outlets and media personalities are saying doesn't mean it's more likely to be true, it just means they are repeating each other's stories.

Right on the money and because his GF is from Adel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll repeat myself, it's all well and good to demand Sydney give us a better deal by trading one of their better players to say GWS but if the player doesn't want to leave then he doesn't. Sydney can't force anyone of value out the door if they don't want to go and why if you were a Sydney top 22 would you want to go?

If we force KT to the PSD then it is possible that Sydney still get him as other clubs with higher picks are unlikely to draft a highly priced four year contract player that doesn't want to play for them AND one that has a history of potentially career ending concussions. Again, ask yourself why is KT leaving us? He was a reluctant signer of a new contract in 2009 after all.

So we make a stand and KT ends up at Sydney anyway and they not us use pick 23 at this years National Draft. It's a risk and cost the AFC may not want to take. That's why we may find ourselves spewing over this deal when it gets announced in the next few days.

So no point calling for Sydney to up their offer, they can't, and you are being simple minded if you think they can. The AFC accept that reality and now have to decide on taking the offer or gambling on the PSD.

They can't... ??? or wont? Last time I checked they had a couple of players in Rohan and Mitchell that would have been very attractive trade bait.

The only reason they can't or wont is due to perceived power at the trade table. That perception has to be changed... if 22 + White is on the table... then we should not be accepting that offer until 3 seconds before the cut off of trade week. In the meantime we need our president and CEO stepping up appearances over how this is progressing.

I'm quietly confident we are looking at more than 23+White. That is a very easy deal to walk away from.

That would be a recruitment blunder not a trading one as IF we had pick 12 we would have let that player past.

And if we had 23 we would not have chosen him anyway preferring the same player as above if still available.

I just can't see White + 22(23) being the deal. Got the feeling the Crows might be happy for this rumor to gain legs as it will make the actual deal look better when announced (even as tho it won't be what we could've got in a perfect world).

A drowning man will clutch at a straw. But i still like this explanation best.

They can't... ??? or wont? Last time I checked they had a couple of players in Rohan and Mitchell that would have been very attractive trade bait.

The only reason they can't or wont is due to perceived power at the trade table. That perception has to be changed... if 22 + White is on the table... then we should not be accepting that offer until 3 seconds before the cut off of trade week. In the meantime we need our president and CEO stepping up appearances over how this is progressing.

I'm quietly confident we are looking at more than 23+White. That is a very easy deal to walk away from.

Like Tippett they would have to agree to such a trade. If they say no there is nothing Sydney can do about it. They are contracted players.

Like I said in an earlier post. Sydney winning the GF was the worst thing that could have happened for this deal.

Fairly sure that was Brett Chalmers.

Robert Walls mentioned in his interview with Mike Sheehan on Fox Footy about six weeks ago that Buckley's management made it very clear that he only wanetd to go to Collingwood, and the deal for him to go to Collingwood after one year at the Bears was solid BEFORE Buckley agreed to go to Queensland.

Are you really asking for John "Gentlemen's Agreement" Reid? Wow - short memory.

He got the job done. Tippett stayed and did that even exist?

It's been suggested a few times that, the agreement never existed. Look, I don't know either way but I can find some quotes suggesting it didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back