Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I'd rather just get a deal done or know that he is going to PSD. Time to move on and put this mess aside, concentrate on the players who want to be here and let those who have let us down get what they deserve. The longer it goes on the worse it gets.

it says a lot when even sydney (in their little article a few pages back) even took a little shot at white.

played just three games for the Swans in 2012 and was not close to selection during the finals.

:(. i hope the sydney players are happy they're going to be playing with a cancerous, overpaid, lying, backstabbing glory chaser. that little rumour seemed to die down pretty quickly.

Given that he meets neither our needs or wants, its a resounding yes.

Club said it was looking for a forward and/or a ruck. Seems to me white is both of these.

Look I'm not defending the trade. I really dislike it on surface value. Lets get that clear.

I'm just saying there are so many variables and unknowns out there that its too early to make a judgement. For all we know we could pick up the next Jack Darling with pick 22.

I'm also saying as supporters we shouldn't be crucifying the club because of what seems like one bad decision when there are so many right decisions that have been made in the past.

Can you please explain your avatar? I have no idea what the **** that is. Cheers.

I can't explain it except to say I have no idea why I use it. Make sense of that and play fair :p

It is an out of focus Bulbasoar which is a pokemon and as you know you gotta catch em all.

I can't explain it except to say I have no idea why I use it. Make sense of that and play fair :p

It is an out of focus Bulbasoar which is a pokemon and as you know you gotta catch em all.
Yeah no worries, I understand now... Gotta' go... I'm due back on planet earth...

Club said it was looking for a forward and/or a ruck. Seems to me white is both of these.

Look I'm not defending the trade. I really dislike it on surface value. Lets get that clear.

I'm just saying there are so many variables and unknowns out there that its too early to make a judgement. For all we know we could pick up the next Jack Darling with pick 22.

I'm also saying as supporters we shouldn't be crucifying the club because of what seems like one bad decision when there are so many right decisions that have been made in the past.

You say White is a forward and ruck? That's the problem - he's neither. Below average KPF, and was behind Pyke (decent ruckman, but rubbish around the ground) in the ruck! If he comes here, both Jenkins and McKernan will be ahead of him in that category.

I would geniunely rather have the spot empty so we can try our luck in the draft, and at least try to fill one of our needs.

For starters, White more closely resembles a giant ball of twine than an AFL standard ruckman (or forward for that matter). There's a huge difference between what we really wanted (Giles) and what we're getting here.

Whether the magic beans that we're supposedly trading for turn out to be any good is irrelevant, there's no escaping the fact that our stance is weak and we have played this as poorly as we possibly could have.

Email sent. I will welcome white to the club if he comes but surely we can get him for a third rounder if we wanted him.

Phil/Stephen/David

I am writting to show my disgust at the rumors floating about that we will acquiesce to Sydney's demands and accept the worst possible first round pick, which will keep moving back in the order when compo is announced, and a player who with all due respect would be behind at least 4 players who where not constant players in our 22.

Whilst this is rumor only at the moment I want to convey that if this is the final outcome it will be the weakest desicion a football club has made in a long time. Twice this year we will have strengthened a direct competitor and weakend ourselves in the process.

Firstly the overreaction in the Rendell saga saw him end up at Collingwood after a month of counciling. And now if we accept this we are letting a player dictate the future of our football club and strengthen the Sydney Swans in the process.

How are we supposed to compete for premerships if we are so weak off the field as to allow this to happen. The PSD must be used if this is all we can get as Kurt ending up at GWS for nothing while terrible would still mean we have not strengthened the Sydney Swans in the process of being weakend.

I hope the club I support is not as weak as we have been betrayed since the start of the Tippett saga. We should be as ruthless as the boys have been on the field demeans proper compensation or move a peice of Sydney's puzzle further west.

Please I implore you stand strong.

The Rendell saga wasn't an overreaction, It was quick decisive action and should be applauded

Can I do a Port Power Bay 13 "Tin Foil Hat" and blame the SANFL?

It's the SANFL's fault. Their board members in the AFC board want a former AFL ruck/forward in the SANFL to strengthen the comp. !!!! :mad: *shakes head

hahahahahahaha

#amidoinitright

Though your post was a pisstake, there actuallly could be some slight element of truth that our current ownership structure could be partially be to blame as we have a board and CEO that are essentially unanswerable to their members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given how massively one sided this trade is... the damage is going to be felt for many years to come. Players will walk out for chips without fear forever more.

White is not required. Pick 22 is a small price to pay for sending him to the PSD. We can move on from that very quickly.

What has transpired is short term gain of pick 22, add 1 list clogger in J White and significant reputation damage.

The only possible rational for this trade is if there are other trades to be added on top of it whereby we are screwing the pants of another team.

Even given huge amounts of sugar coating this is a really bad decision. There is no other way to describe it... we do not need Jesse White on our list, it is a complete waste of salary cap and list space.

Absolutely complicit violation of the fabric of the club. For all the good work done this is really really bad. All the while KT gets to live happily ever after in his home away from home.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: 5 Thumbs down.

IMHO having 2 picks around 20 means that 22 (or 23) has even less value. The recruiters will have their list and we'll take the "beat available" with our first rounder. The second pick will be used on the "second best" guy who's next on our list. So if the slider or little gem who we really rate is available at around 20, our first rounder is the pick we will use to get him. I hope we use one of the picks in a trade (GHS or other) rather than taking that "second best" option with 22.

An upgrage to around 12 might have meant we could snaffle Kenedy at 12 and then the "best available"(who could be a slider like Menzel - one can hope!) at around 20. It looks like that's not happening.

I' m still hoping there's a secret Sydney/GWS deal happening that will upgrade 23 to 12 or 13 so the deal will be 13 plus white.

I don't know enough about Jesse White to really comment but if this is true what really blows me away as me emphatically said that we didnt want him only 8 days ago. see below.

http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/...for-kurt-tippett/story-e6frfkp9-1226492522960

so whats changed??

Ireland "We'll give you pick 22 and Jesse White for Tippett"

Noble "No, we want more than pick 22 and White"

Ireland "Sorry that's all we are offereing"

Noble "Are you sure that you cant offer any us something better ?"

Ireland "No, that's our final offer"

Noble "Okay, WE'LL TAKE IT !!!!!"

the fact we can't get anything better
So its a decision that lacks any foresight or strategy. If the club has made the call that muppet will not go straight to the draft and a deal must be done (which also contradicts their previous stance) then just a draft pick would be preferable. There is no piont having someone take up a place on our list that we are only taking because we have slowly come to the conclusion " oh well better than nothing". This a demoraling decision (if its true). It really displays a lack of strategy. We will be a laughing stock and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back