Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then he got his 3rd concussion and Adelaide put negotiations on hold until he recovered. It was during this period that Sydney came over the horizon and stole him from under our noses.

Adelaide at no stage put negotiations on hold. We offered him more $$$$ after the concussions. Adelaide gave Blucher and Tippett a deadline to the end of July to sign. That was when Kurt and Peter "announced" he was putting off the decision until after the end of the season (but whispered I'm happy to accept any better offers, do you know anyone in Sydney, Peter? Oh, one of your best mates is the Sydney CEO)

When he said he would wait until the end of the season we could have either a) Accepted that he was gone and use the $850K to improve our chances if a premiership in 2013 or b) Turned onto our tummy and handed Blucher and Tippett the lube whilst dreaming that our sins of the past would all disappear.

We went with Option b)

Have a think about things logically. If something requires a truly outlandish set of circumstances and could only be described as the lunatic ravings of a demented mind, then it's probably not a realistic outcome. If something makes sense and fits all the known facts, whether you regard them as "propaganda" or otherwise, then it's probably right. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then the odds are pretty good that it's a duck.
Yep. If we cheated, lied, covered up and concealed all our dealings in the Tippett affair for three years it only stands to reason that we would be 100% truthful now

Adelaide at no stage put negotiations on hold. We offered him more $$$$ after the concussions. Adelaide gave Blucher and Tippett a deadline to the end of July to sign. That was when Kurt and Peter "announced" he was putting off the decision until after the end of the season (but whispered I'm happy to accept any better offers, do you know anyone in Sydney, Peter? Oh, one of your best mates is the Sydney CEO)

When he said he would wait until the end of the season we could have either a) Accepted that he was gone and use the $850K to improve our chances if a premiership in 2013 or b) Turned onto our tummy and handed Blucher and Tippett the lube whilst dreaming that our sins of the past would all disappear.

We went with Option b)

Weren't you the one that was adamant he was going to Gold Coast. Interesting you now have put this scenario to us!!

BTW, did you tuck Sanders in bed so you could come out to play??

Weren't you the one that was adamant he was going to Gold Coast. Interesting you now have put this scenario to us!!

BTW, did you tuck Sanders in bed so you could come out to play??

Gold Coast were adamant at the end of 2011 that they had their man. It took a long time for some people to realise that Kurt and Blucher were playing everyone off against each other, knowing they had a full house (the Sydney deal up their sleeve). Please show me anyone who was closer to the final outcome when I made my initial statement in July.

BTW, feel a deep desire to be a wan...?

There is every reason to believe that both Tippett & Blucher were on the point of signing a new contract when Tippett suffered his 3rd concussion.

No there isn't any reason to believe that, which is why you have not presented any.

Have a think about things logically. If something requires a truly outlandish set of circumstances and could only be described as the lunatic ravings of a demented mind, then it's probably not a realistic outcome.

That's just weird.

Gold Coast were adamant at the end of 2011 that they had their man. It took a long time for some people to realise that Kurt and Blucher were playing everyone off against each other, knowing they had a full house (the Sydney deal up their sleeve). Please show me anyone who was closer to the final outcome when I made my initial statement in July.

AFGM, you're barely in a position to call others a wan.....

You allegedly knew everything that was going to happen and talked down to anyone who even politely questioned you.

Then of course, you disappeared off the scene once your whole inside knowledge turned into utter crap.

Sadly, your holier than thou attitude didn't. :thumbsdown:

And you call me a shallow thinker :D

We know NOTHING of the sort. There is no evidence at all, just the leaking of the accused's version of events

We know, if you are to be believed, that someone in the club, was told by someone in the club, that a story that takes the pressure off them is true.

We have no reason, in light of subsequent events, to accept this as true.

Ahhhh, my good friend, the Colonel.

Do you play fantasy football as well? :)

You allegedly knew everything that was going to happen and talked down to anyone who even politely questioned you.

Then of course, you disappeared off the scene once your whole inside knowledge turned into utter crap.

I went on holiday, my apologies for ignoring BigFooty for 2 weeks.

I'm happy to provide a long list of smart alecs who said I was deluded that there was a clause in Tippett's contract, I was delusional that he had made up his mind to leave Adelaide at the end of 2011. I was crazy to suggest that Sando had been kept in the dark, who would possibly believe my statement that Trigg had mislead the Board etc, etc, etc.

What was your strike rate between mid-July and the Tippett announcement? The only piece missing is confirmation of the fact that Gold Coast were certain that they had a deal with Kurt at the end of 2011. It will eventually come out, just like Sydney have recently changed their story about when they approached Tippett.

what is wrong with you people???
Always playing the man

Its not big and its not clever.

I went on holiday, my apologies for ignoring BigFooty for 2 weeks.

I'm happy to provide a long list of smart alecs who said I was deluded that there was a clause in Tippett's contract, I was delusional that he had made up his mind to leave Adelaide at the end of 2011. I was crazy to suggest that Sando had been kept in the dark, who would possibly believe my statement that Trigg had mislead the Board etc, etc, etc.

What was your strike rate between mid-July and the Tippett announcement? The only piece missing is confirmation of the fact that Gold Coast were certain that they had a deal with Kurt at the end of 2011. It will eventually come out, just like Sydney have recently changed their story about when they approached Tippett.

Same as yours. NFI to be truthful, but once he deferred it to the end of the season, it became more and more dificult to think that he was staying.

You say the ONLY piece missing is the confirmation of the 2100 Gold Coast deal story.

FFS, that WAS the whole substance of your story.

Always playing the man

Colonel, please don't try to be philisophical. You're much more at home making assumed criticisms of the AFC hierarchy.

Go back and read AFGM's posts of the day, and then tell me if my description of AFGM's behaviour at the time is incorrect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, there's obviously nothing like a good argument or two to get a few views going. :)

The magic millionth view can't be too far away.

DTB, is there anyway that you mods can know who actually had the millionth view???
Probably Tippett, catching up on what he did last yr, seeing as he didn't really know what was going on in negotiations.

No No No, YOU were adamant that $kirt would go to GoldCoast to the point you were arroggantly cocky when questioned otherwise and now you claim that you were closer to the final outcome:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What you have now stated in post #28860 is in complete contradiction to your claims last year.
If there is a wan... around here you seem to fit the bill. You have changed your story and you are now making new claims and to top it off you want to claim the glory.......keep dreaming!!!

In case you haven't realised your credibility is shot, no matter how hard you try and no matter how much you try and change your story and your claims.
You know that saying, you make your bed.......

BTW give Sanders a big kiss from the Big Footy faithful.

Yep. If we cheated, lied, covered up and concealed all our dealings in the Tippett affair for three years it only stands to reason that we would be 100% truthful now
At no point have I said that the club were truthful when discussing the illegal side-contract, or the illegal 3rd party payments. They were clearly complicit in the former, albeit at the insistence of Tippett Snr (my personal belief). The latter was nothing more than sheer incompetence. They flat out lied about the existence of the side-contract for 3 years, which is an absolute disgrace.

Always playing the man

Your posts are completely lacking in anything regarding content, other than the fantastical ravings of a deluded mind. If there is no ball to play, then how else are we expected to play it?

Lol.

If you read your collection of posts on Tippett, you have become shiftier than the dodgiest politician changing his story...

I'd have to go back and review them to be semantically accurate - but my recollection was AFGM's information had a number of key points and the gold coast bit is the only one that hasn't been confirmed as yet.

Sure, the way he communicated on the point hasn't done him any favours - but I for one feel reasonably comfortable with his version of events and the information he's been able to share on the matter. And there has been quite a bit of sharing of info over the journey... (from a variety of sources).

I still struggle to comprehend how anyone who was aware of, or believed in the existence of, the side agreement had any confidence he was going to stay. We put all our eggs in the 2010/11 basket and at the end of 2009 felt if we had won a flag we would be fine to see him go - and get reasonable trade value. To expose ourselves to a sitaution that we couldn't - shame on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back