Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lie about Kurt's "agreement" was part of the Trifecta.

First Trigg cheated the AFL rules.

Secondly Trigg lied to cover it up.

But worst of all Trigg was totally incompetent in

1) Not exercising appropriate control (as the CEO) over the man given the task of negotiating the largest contract in the history of the AFC

2) Providing a paper/email trail to assist the investigators (and leaving this information on the hard drives of computers at the AFC)

3) Allegedly informing Blucher that the deal was off but on this one occasion not putting it in writing

4) Deciding that since he had "fixed" the problem there was no need to tell the Board

5) Left for Europe hoping that either throwing an increasing mountain of money at Kurt would change his mind or failing that no-one would notice that we had traded him for a bag of peanuts.

Do I hear Benny Hill music in the background?

The lie about Kurt's "agreement" was part of the Trifecta.

First Trigg cheated the AFL rules.

Secondly Trigg lied to cover it up.

But worst of all Trigg was totally incompetent in

1) Not exercising appropriate control (as the CEO) over the man given the task of negotiating the largest contract in the history of the AFC

2) Providing a paper/email trail to assist the investigators (and leaving this information on the hard drives of computers at the AFC)

3) Allegedly informing Blucher that the deal was off but on this one occasion not putting it in writing

4) Deciding that since he had "fixed" the problem there was no need to tell the Board

5) Left for Europe hoping that either throwing an increasing mountain of money at Kurt would change his mind or failing that no-one would notice that we had traded him for a bag of peanuts.

Do I hear Benny Hill music in the background?

Stop pretending you know WTF happened, because you don't.

Stop pretending you know WTF happened, because you don't.

Which part do you disagree with, that he was a cheat, a liar or was incompetent.

I have only stated the information that is in the public domain. I could say more but there is no value in casting further light on our sins over the Trigg Era.

Which part do you disagree with, that he was a cheat, a liar or was incompetent.

I have only stated the information that is in the public domain. I could say more but there is no value in casting further light on our sins over the Trigg Era.

you forgot under incompetent:

6) Relied on Tippetts/Blucher not to seek to rely on an illegal, unenforceable, probably no longer binding agreement that would blow up in their faces

You of all people should understand that just because the information is in the public domain, doesn't necessarily mean that its fact. At the moment we are forced to believe only what the AFL has deemed necessary to make public. It would be a bit naive to believe that's all there is to the story.

You of all people should understand that just because the information is in the public domain, doesn't necessarily mean that its fact. At the moment we are forced to believe only what the AFL has deemed necessary to make public. It would be a bit naive to believe that's all there is to the story.

I agree that there are many other facets of this saga that have not been made public but I can't find any version of the story that doesn't have Triggy as a cheat, a liar and incompetent.

At the very least incompetent. I honestly believe he thought he rescinded the deal to send him to the club of his choice and it was replaced by the gentlemans agreement. But that doesn't excuse the third party deals, Harper realising they weren't all above board and trying to cover them up.

I didn't know that. So what were we punished for again? Having an illegal, unenforceable side agreement that we ([color=]allegedly[/color]) told the Tippetts we wouldn't honour?

:thumbsu:

We don't know that at all.

That information about the side deal being torn up 3 years ago came from the same person who had the most to lose. It's all too convenient that the deal was agreed to be scrapped but nothing was ever documented.

I'll stick with allegedly thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the very least incompetent. I honestly believe he thought he rescinded the deal to send him to the club of his choice and it was replaced by the gentlemans agreement. But that doesn't excuse the third party deals, Harper realising they weren't all above board and trying to cover them up.

If true, I don't accept that it is for 1 second, but if true that he "believed" he had rescinded it by an undocumented verbal conversation, without the agreement of the other party - then that belief is so misguided as to testify towards gross negligence and incompetence.

It would be up there with believing what the voices told you. :p

I'm sorry but has Peter Blurcher ever acknowledged this deal being verbally terminated?

If so, Can someone provide a quote?

I don't even believe that conversation ever happened and this is part of the confidentiality agreement put in place between the AFL and parties involved.

Something so important, not getting put on paper doesn't add up or even make sense.

I'm sorry but has Peter Blurcher ever acknowledged this deal being verbally terminated?

If so, Can someone provide a quote?

He has not.

In fact, and it is a fact, blucher & co have not only not confirmed this version of events, their subsequent actions indicate they very much believe it to be in force.

They acted to enforce, which does not seem consistent behaviour with people who believe that this right has been invalidated

Stephen Trigg told noble before he went to Europe to hold out, but if push came to shove, to accept the swans offer. This is also inconsistent behaviour from someone who believes the clause has been cancelled.

Actions speak louder than words.

He has not.

In fact, and it is a fact, blucher & co have not only not confirmed this version of events, their subsequent actions indicate they very much believe it to be in force.

They acted to enforce, which does not seem consistent behaviour with people who believe that this right has been invalidated

Stephen Trigg told noble before he went to Europe to hold out, but if push came to shove, to accept the swans offer. This is also inconsistent behaviour from someone who believes the clause has been cancelled.

Actions speak louder than words.
I think the fact that Blucher has been suspended for 12 months tell a story.

Its amusing that the press becomes such a reliable source of information when it supports a persons own agenda. At all other times they are full of shit, right?
The Age provided more insight on this saga & most of their articles were later confirmed as being accurate. they shed far more light on it than either the AFL or AFC.

... & then there was Rucci making his wild guesses as he was completely out of the loop ;)

I think the fact that Blucher has been suspended for 12 months tell a story.

I'm thinking Peter Blucher and his penalty is more like that old driving adage.

If you're on the road and in a car accident, you're automatically 50% in the wrong.

He was in the wrong for simply being part of the mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back