To Grendel... what the hell is the name of that little legend of a back pocket player

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 10, 2000
London
Other Teams
Essendon & Arsenal
Right back at cha... (70's onward hawkers..)
O'Halloran Langford little Blonde guy (name escapes me... sorry - but you know who I mean)
Croad Mew Greene
Diper Wallace Eade
Knights Brereton Buckenara
Jarman Dunstall Peter Hudson (can't leave him out)

Salmon (! better than Scott and Paton put together) L.Matthews Crawford (but not this year)

Int: Kennedy; Schwab; Scott; Loveridge;

As for the Don's Grendel you're inclusion of TD and ND is spot on but ND HAS to be at CHB - best I've ever seen there.

My team: (75-2000)

Wanganeen D.Fletcher Thompson
Hardwick N.Daniher Harvey
Neagle L.Baker Long
Mercuri Merrett T.Daniher
Bewick Lloyd P.Salmon (changing in ruck)

Madden, Hird, Watson (can you imagine it?)
Int: Vanderhaar, Weston, Williams, O'Donnell;

Apologies: Moss, Ken Fletcher, Billy Duckworth and bloke like Ezard, Buhagiar and of course....the legend... Maxwell Crow.

But give Caracella, the Johnstons, Blumfield, Solomon and Ramanauskas a few years and who knows?

Thoughts Grendel - bet I forgot heaps of people - pretty hard over here in England in the middle of October...

Just shows how good the fish is to appear in the best of 2 different clubs in a 30 year period when they won 12 flags combined

PS Ayres might have got a spot. And I still think Nathan Thompson might get into that team one day. Croad will if he gets a bit more choosy where he kicks the ball

Ian Bremmner? Bohdan Jaworski????

Kidding Dutch, cheers on the team. Collins but mate where was Conan in the other back pocket? Though Rubber O'Halloran was a fantastic player that quite a few have forgotten. Again falls into the basket that he was never as good after the dreaded 'knee'.

As for my Dons side, Neale when i saw him was playing more sweeper (before the term was invented really) than stopper and i had to have Terry in there somewhere. CHB being where i thought he played his best footy. Maybe im a little to tall in the Dons side but i still reckon it would be a very competitive outfit. Maxie was given a great deal of consideration believe me. But with all the other talls i just couldnt justify it.

Okay for want of anything else heres what id consider my best Hawks side ive seen.

Collins Langford Ayres (that line gets me SOOO aroused)

Knights Mew O'Halloran

Dipper Bucky Eade

Hall Brereton Jarman

Platten Dunstall Allan

Scott Tuck MATTHEWS (Hird who??) :p

Crawford Kennedy Hendrie Moore

Not many recent entries you see, but im hoping the likes of Croad,Hay,Thompson push up. Again its of the top of the head so i expect Pess gm and some others to point out my glaring ommisions, cheers Dutch and i hope the weathers holding up for you in that long cold winter that only England knows.

beerchug.gif

ANDY FRIGGIN COLLINS!!!! I KNEW IT WAS A REALLY SIMPLE NAME... ARRRRGGHHH

The memory is a bizarre thing...

Can't believe I couldn't remember the exploits of Platten, Ayres, Ben Allan etc.. and Peter Crimmins was a genius I'm told - don't think I ever had the privelege of seeing him play.

Bit worried about your arousal factor though.

Dutch

Ps. Weather is already totally shite.
PPS. Fair dues to Lethal, but I'd still rather have my Ruck, Ruck rover, rover combination over anyone ever! Particularly with arguably the centremen of the century (4 flags in 4 years in two codes).

Good to see you still included Yowie...

In: Aryes, Rat, Allan
Out: Greene, Wallace, Peter Hudson (that's harsh)

PS> Apologies: Polkinghorne and the legendary Michael Moncreath (spe?)

O.K here we go,
Collins Langford Moore

Ayres Mew Tuck

Dipper Wallace Pritchard

Knights Brereton Buckenera

Peter Hudson Dunstall Crawford

Scott Matthews Platten

Greene Kennedy Schwab Holland

5 changes therefore from Grendel
Like you Dutchman I had concerns about Grendels arousal so I broke up his line -sorry Grendel
In Wallace, Pritchard (best winger at Hawthorn in my time) Peter Hudson (only saw him play once in 1977 in a state game in Perth when he was old & slow & he kicked 10!), Schwab & Nick Holland (who will spell Scotty).
Out Hendrie(can't remember him can't pick him, Ben Allan (didn't do it for long enough), Jarman (same as allan), Tony Hall ( never was the same after 1989 knee but he could have been great) & Eade (no real case against him just think Schwabby was better overall)
Dutchman pleased to see you recognise my old drinking partner the Budgie one of the great charachters in the game . With him & Vanders you guys were always going to win a drinking contest if not tyhe footy.
Goatmaster

Only saw 1 or 2 games live (both at Windy Hill) in which Hudson played - kicked us around both times I think.... superb mark and kick...

Can't believe I forgot Kel Moore - you guys have had some great backs of the years.

Just for record I'd have Langford over SOS anyday of the week... but I reckon long term Fletch could end up better than both - gotta remember Fleth has done well against Ablett in prime as a 17 yo, Plugga, Carey - don't know about Bunger... can't recall him playing on him... its been awhile.

Never rated Pritchard for some reason - put him in the Judge category - and I really, really rated Eade - and he's turned into a terrific coach too...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back