Todays game

Remove this Banner Ad

I was really impressed with how your blokes fought back today, especially after losing O'brien so early. I know first hand how much losing a bloke early fcks up your team, but your boys kept battling on.

The umpires were terrible all round today, Rocca was clearly being held in some instances, and Mclean getting fifty for throwing the ball into a chair?!?!:confused: Not too mention the ludicrous hands in the back inconsistency.

Once you guys get your defense back you'll be right up there this year :thumbsu:

Agree entirely. Ta.

haha! suck shit.

i guess you guys got whats coming to you. you know you're in trouble when you lose to a side like melbourne.

you guys dont even deserve to be in the top 8 IMO. come september, if you guys are still there you dont stand a chance. when will you realise that your team is shit? We wouldve beaten you if we hadnt gone to sleep in the 4th.

PS how much longer can you blame the umpires for your team's shit effort?

P*** off u Carlton ****er, your side is flying, what is it 7 wins in two years, get ready for your usual 7 losses in a row.
And oh yeah, we did beat you with one hand tied behind our backs. Everytime we play Carlton it's nothing more than a training drill for us.

quote=bolz;7806250]you guys dont even deserve to be in the top 8 IMO. [/quote]

sorry fail to follow ur logic...how do we not deserve to be there currently we have won a number of games, which is apparently the aim of the game, and find ourselves there...please come back when u have something at least intelligent to say (which would be rather surprising coming from a carlton supporter) bye!

Basically, we lost today not because we had a poor under manned backline but because our forward line was like a trampoline and none of the forwards worked hard enough. Our Midfield got control of the game from quarter time and we couldn't put the score on the board. I do agree that Malthouse left Stanley on robertson too long but hey let's face it with the way the umpires were going we were always up against it. I have never felt so frustrated at the umpiring as I did today. Especially the no 19. He lost control of the game and was calling everything.

The good thing to realise as a Pie supporter is Jimmy and presti are back next game. If either of those played today, we would have probably got up in an ugly effirt as Clement would kill Robertson.

One player I would like to see dropped is Nick Maxwell. Never mans up and is always lead to the ball. If it wasn't for Harry going down, I would be sending Maxwell back to Willi.

ONly heard it on the radio but sounds like MM had one of his bad ones. Why was Swan used only in defense - probably our form and most dangerous attacking midfielder. Maybe he is carrying something, that is the only excuse for wasting him as a defender. Maybe he was supposed to play Rhyce's role but it didn't work.
But it does sound like they matched us for pressure which has been one of our main strengths.

Melbourne are in deep trouble if they can only beat us by a few goals. Rocca, Medhurst and a few others were useless and the umpires were just plain shit.

Can't wait to beat those pricks in round 20.

Just for your info fool out of the Melbourne side today was Rivers,Pickett,Moloney,Whelan,Bartram & the Collingwood serial pest Adem Yze,plus we only had Travis Johnstone for one quarter when he was tearing your lot apart,bring on round 20 it will be great to beat you two times in a year!

Just for your info fool out of the Melbourne side today was Rivers,Pickett,Moloney,Whelan,Bartram & the Collingwood serial pest Adem Yze,plus we only had Travis Johnstone for one quarter when he was tearing your lot apart,bring on round 20 it will be great to beat you two times in a year!

Wow.:rolleyes:

If you want to compare, we had Buckley, Clement, Presti, Licuria, Shaw, Rusling and Lonie.

I can't wait for round 20 either. By that time Melbourne will still be sitting near the bottom of the ladder. Will you still be interested then?

We lost today because of a number of reasons (and in this order);

1 - Like many times this year we could not start with the right intensity

2 - MM was again outcoached by Neale Daniher. Why he had Stanley and Toovey on Robbo was a disgrace. He never once put Wakes, Maxy or goldsack there.

3 - MM refused to zone the kickouts instead giving them a free run on the huddle all day.

4 - The umps were disgraceful. Honestly worst I have seen in a long time. Will be interested what comes of it.

5 - Our young backs were just outgunned. Again, not sure coach gave them best chance.

6 - The fwds, namely Rocca and Medhurst were a joke. Did not have a go.

Pretty much spot on Snoop. Particularly the Melbourne kickouts, they hit someone in space (and by space, I mean f**king acres) every time. Here are a few more

1. Half Forwards being reactive instead of proactive

2. MM not assigning someone with a bit of leg speed to pick up Bate. It was blatantly obvious that he was the target proceding a kickout. Don't know how many times he outsprinted an opponent to have a uncontested mark. He killed us all day.

3. Inept midfielders who have no ticker (Scott Burns you forever will be excused)

4. Our inability to lock the ball in our forward fifty. When was the last time we created a stoppage inside our fifty or better yet, within 15 - 25m of goals.

5. Serious lack of leg speed up forward.

6. Forwards who are willing to have one effort and lay one tackle when the ball is in dispute, and then just watch as the opposition waltzes out of forward line with ease.

7. Shane O'Bree continuing to get a game

8. Ability to get numbers to the contest

Stanley and Toovs were the only options on Robbo - the other blokes are too slow.

Toovs was beating Davey when he got moved to Robbo, but Stanners was getting a bit of a tocuh up.

In my opinion, not much either of them could do. Robbo is a quality player, was getting good blocks from his fellow forwards and getting silver service from his midfield.

Sometimes forwards are just unstoppable, anyone call for Clements head when Nathan Brown kicks 5 on him in a quarter? Stanners gave Robbo a touch up in the VFL when he wasn't gtting helpf from experienced forwards and perfect delivery from and elite midfield like Maclean, Bruce and Davey.

If you want to compare, we had Buckley, Clement, Presti, Licuria, Shaw, Rusling and Lonie.

I can't wait for round 20 either. By that time Melbourne will still be sitting near the bottom of the ladder. Will you still be interested then?
So you think Buckley will have any effect if he does come back?
Surely Lonies not in your best 22 is he?
What has Rusling done to suggest hed be a huge worry for the opposition?
Rivers-our general in defence.
Whelan-our best small defender.
Bartram-our best tagger.
Yze-a dangerous crumbing forward.
Moloney-another hard bodied, long kicking midfielder.
Pickett-well not in our best 22, unless hes fit.

Yeah we've only been to Subi, AAMI and the Gabba already with a trip to Sydney up next. Would you like us to play in China?

Melbourne clubs whinge mercilessly if they don't get us twice so they get a home game to fill their boots, but then whinge when we get games in Melbourne.

Well done Einstein, blame the other Melbourne clubs who beg to get a home game against us so they can cash up.

With all due respect the only decent player out of that lot is James Clement with apologies to Nathan Buckley,he's finished,he can't even complete a training session flatout how is he even going to play one quarter of a game,trust me you have seen the best of Collingwood for 2007!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much spot on Snoop. Particularly the Melbourne kickouts, they hit someone in space (and by space, I mean f**king acres) every time. Here are a few more

1. Half Forwards being reactive instead of proactive

2. MM not assigning someone with a bit of leg speed to pick up Bate. It was blatantly obvious that he was the target proceding a kickout. Don't know how many times he outsprinted an opponent to have a uncontested mark. He killed us all day.

3. Inept midfielders who have no ticker (Scott Burns you forever will be excused)

4. Our inability to lock the ball in our forward fifty. When was the last time we created a stoppage inside our fifty or better yet, within 15 - 25m of goals.

5. Serious lack of leg speed up forward.

6. Forwards who are willing to have one effort and lay one tackle when the ball is in dispute, and then just watch as the opposition waltzes out of forward line with ease.

7. Shane O'Bree continuing to get a game

8. Ability to get numbers to the contest

What do you hold against him? His may of had a bad game today but so far this season his been consistent.

Presti is useless mate plain useless he is not an excuse

He has a good record on all forwards he plays on, is hardly beaten, doesnt rape opponents, ius our best stopper and doesnt look like a seventies frek like your full back. So yeah he is real useless:rolleyes:.

****en Tosser

He has a good record on all forwards he plays on, is hardly beaten, doesnt rape opponents, ius our best stopper and doesnt look like a seventies frek like your full back. So yeah he is real useless:rolleyes:.

****en Tosser

Haha righto Buddy hes the biggest drop kick in the AFL everyone knows that...Howd did rocca go against the dees today again mate?

Haha righto Buddy hes the biggest drop kick in the AFL everyone knows that...Howd did rocca go against the dees today again mate?

He got r*ped by a ****** wearing a melbourne jumper.

Why dont you go ask everyone in the AFL about Presti ive heard Jon Brown, Lloyd, and Hall say entirely differnt things about Presti than the crap you just spouted.

by the sounds of it mate next person to rape him will be you

haha man you area comic genius. Man you should be writing jokes.

Enough sarcasm **** off you and all your friends already, my teams full forward got scragged all match and is now getting bagged out for a terribel day which it was but im still gonna defend him the same way i defend all my players.

Which brings me to my next point i reieterate PISS OFF already.

haha man you area comic genius. Man you should be writing jokes.

Enough sarcasm **** off you and all your friends already, my teams full forward got scragged all match and is now getting bagged out for a terribel day which it was but im still gonna defend him the same way i defend all my players.

Which brings me to my next point i reieterate PISS OFF already.

Mate i aint a comic just stating the obvious

GO ROCCA aha

With all due respect the only decent player out of that lot is James Clement with apologies to Nathan Buckley,he's finished,he can't even complete a training session flatout how is he even going to play one quarter of a game,trust me you have seen the best of Collingwood for 2007!
Clement is easily the best defender in the comp along with Scarlett. Rhyce Shaw has been one of the best small running defenders going this season, and Licuria has been on of the best taggers in the business for a few years. Granted he was crap in the games he's played so far, but was obviously injured, has come back and was BOG in the seconds last week. Lonie adds the class by foot when he is on form, something we actually really need at the moment.
You ****er. Presti is easily in the top 5 full backs in the comp. It is very rare any forward he plays on kicks a bag. That's all we need from him, he's a defender, he does that as well as anyone, we have attacking defenders who do that job.

Mate i aint a comic just stating the obvious

GO ROCCA aha

Huh that last part makes no sense.

You couldnt pick up my sarcasm in that post, i actually said thats enough sarcasm, christ you are slow, i think you are as funny as a kid whos parents just died in a terrible accident, yes your jokes seem that bad.

Clement is easily the best defender in the comp along with Scarlett. Rhyce Shaw has been one of the best small running defenders going this season, and Licuria has been on of the best taggers in the business for a few years. Granted he was crap in the games he's played so far, but was obviously injured, has come back and was BOG in the seconds last week. Lonie adds the class by foot when he is on form, something we actually really need at the moment.

You ****er. Presti is easily in the top 5 full backs in the comp. It is very rare any forward he plays on kicks a bag. That's all we need from him, he's a defender, he does that as well as anyone, we have attacking defenders who do that job.

Mate clements good but not one of the best!
rhys shaw hasnt proved himself yet just a dirty sheep dog
and Licuria is good but he aint a tagger is he? and if he is hes a shit one coz you never here of him shutting down players

Huh that last part makes no sense.

You couldnt pick up my sarcasm in that post, i actually said thats enough sarcasm, christ you are slow, i think you are as funny as a kid whos parents just died in a terrible accident, yes your jokes seem that bad.

good stuff mate real good thing to say

Pies are fu cking shit mate you lose to melbourne ya soft and ya nothing and your forward line is based around anthony rocca hes a joke and he alwasy has been

come on why dont you start winging about the umpires like all your pathetic supporters do evrery time you pricks lose

Remove this Banner Ad

Todays game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back