Toast Todd Goldstein- The Age's Footballer of the Year Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats Todd! The recognition has started!

Resting for the last game of the home and away season hasn’t stopped Todd Goldstein from taking out one of the year’s most prestigious awards.

The North ruckman has taken home The Age's Footballer of the Year award but the problem is; no one knows what his prize is.

Several calls from NMFC.com.au to the newspaper only resulted in more confusion.

“I think Scott Pendlebury won last year’s award and was given a new car which he donated,” one senior journalist recalled.

“I have no idea what he wins,” another admitted.

If it is a new vehicle, Goldstein might not want to give it away like his Collingwood opponent did given the fact he still drives his mum’s old car – a 2004 model.

The 27-year-old polled 102 votes for the season, with The Age's football writers awarding five players in each home and away game a score out of 10.

Goldstein finished six votes of clear of West Coast’s Andrew Gaff.

Fellow Eagle Matt Priddis came third while Fremantle's Nat Fyfe and Port Adelaide's Robbie Gray finished in equal fourth with Hawthorn midfielder Sam Mitchell and Sydney's Josh Kennedy next.

Whether the umpires see what The Age writers see is another matter come Brownlow Medal night.

He is on track to record the most hit-outs in a single season during Sunday's elimination final against Richmond with only 16 left to surpass Gary Dempsey’s mark of 952, recorded in 1982.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2015-09-07/todds-golden-age

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE TOTALS
Todd Goldstein (North Melbourne) 102
Andrew Gaff (West Coast) 96
Matt Priddis (West Coast) 95
Nat Fyfe (Fremantle) 94
Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide) 94
Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn) 92
Josh Kennedy (Sydney) 90
David Mundy (Fremantle) 88
Dustin Martin (Richmond) 86

The prize for the Hyundai Footballer of the Year will be a Hyundai i30 Active with automatic transmission. The winner of the Hyundai Footballer of the Year will donate the value of the vehicle to a charity of their choice.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...d-23-votes-20150906-gjgeqo.html#ixzz3lCwPXw73
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

THE TOTALS
Todd Goldstein (North Melbourne) 102
Andrew Gaff (West Coast) 96
Matt Priddis (West Coast) 95
Nat Fyfe (Fremantle) 94
Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide) 94
Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn) 92
Josh Kennedy (Sydney) 90
David Mundy (Fremantle) 88
Dustin Martin (Richmond) 86

The prize for the Hyundai Footballer of the Year will be a Hyundai i30 Active with automatic transmission. The winner of the Hyundai Footballer of the Year will donate the value of the vehicle to a charity of their choice.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...d-23-votes-20150906-gjgeqo.html#ixzz3lCwPXw73
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
Why say the prize is a car if they have to donate the value of the car to a charity? Just say the prize is a donation of $20,000 to a charity of the player's choice, it's much simpler

Why say the prize is a car if they have to donate the value of the car to a charity? Just say the prize is a donation of $20,000 to a charity of the player's choice, it's much simpler
Is it that or do they get the car AND a donation in their name?

Seems weird they'd say what kind of transmission it had if they weren't getting it?

To me it reads as though they win a car and money is donated.
Pretty sure last years winner donated the car to charity so they've probably added the 20k donation to charity as an extension of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Todd Goldstein- The Age's Footballer of the Year Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back