Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Goldstein as being worth somewhere between picks 10 and 15, a team in premiership mode without a ruckman of his level would be very interested.

He is a very good ruckman.

So in 2 years time you would take pick 10-15 for Nic Nat if you were heading for a re-build?

So in 2 years time you would take pick 10-15 for Nic Nat if you were heading for a re-build?

What does this have to do with Naitanui?

In 2 years time he will be Goldy's age - not sure you would take 15 for one of the premier rucks in the comp.

Well I said between 10-15, why would you be focusing on 15?

Not too many sides with a top ten picks are close to a premiership where they would see the need for someone like Goldstein. I only see him going to a side ready to challenge or in premiership mode if he was to leave, which I doubt he even would.

Actually I think Supercoach does have some bearing in determining a player's value. Often, the scores derived from stats are free from bias and more accurately portrays the performance of a player. Flashy players are often visually appealing, causing them to be overrated, such as WHE, Cameron (Adelaide) and Bradley Hill. Sure they can "break the game open" very occasionally. However, if it's only a few times and the production simply isn't there, then you can't give them a pass on their game purely based on those 1 or 2 plays. Supercoach also takes into consideration pressure, 1%ers, bounces which we usually omit from our evaluation of a player's performance. There's a reason why supercoach uses a systematic program instead of having a human allocating scores for each play, because we are in nature, heavily biased, and our instincts as spectators wanting exciting football often clouds our judgement.
That's how you might rate a player but that's not what determines trade value.

I don't think clubs would pay much for him TBH, not an early pick anyway, most rucks seem to have a 2 or 3 year window when they're at their best, Goldy may have already had that, trick is to recruit a ruck on the cusp of that window. IMO.

Goldy would get massive interest from a club on the cusp of a flag. In reality WB would be an excellent place for him to land but they wont have the calibre of pick that would get it done. Nor do any of the higher placed clubs that have a window right now.

Port could be the other one.......although would they give up their first round pick with Ryder coming back? They want to move Lobbe though potentially HH too. Could be something there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing outside of a top 5 pick and a player would satisfy North.

Him and Gawn are in a league of their own in the ruck department at the moment
Not really. As it currently stands
Gawn is in a league of his own
Then you have: Naitanui, Goldstein, Mumford all relatively similar
Grundy probably just outside the first 2 tiers.

A pick between 6-12 and a serviceable player
I agree thats about the value North would want.

Just out of curiosity, if he went to essendon what do you think Essendon would want extra if North wanted the Number 1 pick?

Because i actually think Essendon is the only club other than the doggies who could use and afford him.

Just when you thought there couldn't be a bigger bombshell in AFL trade week than Sam Mitchell joining West Coast.

There is a strong rumour the Eagles are now trying to lure North Melbourne ruckman Todd Goldstein to the club.

Fresh from landing Mitchell, a trade that shocked the football community after WAtoday sports reporter Kim Hagdorn broke the news of the Hawthorn premiership player's defection, a source close to North Melbourne has told WAtoday Goldstein wants out of the Roos because of a personal issue and was seriously considering moving west.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/west-...in-heading-to-west-coast-20161014-gs2gd7.html

This shit is cray

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Back