Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Because the reason he was likely to move there was because his sister, who's now moving to Melbourne.
Its Going Down GIF by Philips Norelco

Not doubting he's a good player but he's nearly 30 and hes a knock to the back away from retiring. Given the ask from the Eagles to get him I'd prefer to hold onto our picks and back in Buss/Lobb to hold down chb. They aren't better players than Barrass but the value doesn't stack up given age/injury
You have a potential 1stround pick return from Smith, English possibly and your own pick. Coughing up the lowest of the picks there for barrass and keeping the other two/ one still leaves you in a very strong position

Why are the dogs complaining about potentially giving up a first rounder? Theyre so far ahead of other clubs rebuilding despite not being shit due to f/s and academies. They can absolutely afford to chase a premiership while Bont is still around and not jeopardise their future

You literally counted his first 3 years on a list when he played WAFL as some way to justify calling him injury prone
If you are so confident then the Eagles should add another couple of years to his contract and see him out an eagle.

For me, I’d trade a guy who’s 29 with a history of back issues for draft picks. And it sounds like this is also the view of eagles fans on this thread talking him up and eyeing off his draft value.

If you are so confident then the Eagles should add another couple of years to his contract and see him out an eagle.

For me, I’d trade a guy who’s 29 with a history of back issues for draft picks. And it sounds like this is also the view of eagles fans on this thread talking him up and eyeing off his draft value.
Despite the views of others on here, I'd prefer to keep him.

Gov not getting any younger and is injury prone.
Harry Edwards has shown some promise but still isn't there yet.

We're dreadful now.
Hate to think what we'd be like without them both.

R New
Why are the dogs complaining about potentially giving up a first rounder? Theyre so far ahead of other clubs rebuilding despite not being shit due to f/s and academies. They can absolutely afford to chase a premiership while Bont is still around and not jeopardise their future

Same reason so many Eagles supporters are frothing at the mouth at the prospect of getting one for him.

We are in a position we have KPD depth and Barrass can fetch overs in a trade.
His back isnt an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage, Edwards looks like he could be Ok.

There is nothing so far to suggest Bazzo should be playing at all.
He should be in the main team. He is going into his 4th season next year and clearly is big enough now to matchup on a KPF.
I have no doubt he would have been playing this year in Rothams spot if he was fit.

Phil Davis on a sen show with Edmund and Tom Morris valued TB trade at picks 12 and 25.

Yes if it comes to a trade it'll be upto the clubs to come to the party but the idea of 2 top 10 firsts this year isn't going to be realistic for a trade. The club will have to weigh up what they can get and consider if the trade is worth it or to just not do the trade. They'll be hoping Barrass nominates Hawks considering dogs don't yet have a 1st this year.

I cant imagine any club offering 2 x low 1st round picks for a 29 year old no matter how good. 2 x high 1st round picks maybe.

Correct. He had fractures that have completely healed and are stable. They were in the part of the spine least involved in movement. He’s at no greater risk than any other player on the park and it will not affect his footy going forward. His life after football is a different story and I’m talking well past retirement.
A back fracture never completely heals.

I cant imagine any club offering 2 x low 1st round picks for a 29 year old no matter how good. 2 x high 1st round picks maybe.
Your 1st 2 picks would get it done but would be a case of us paying zero to his salary. If Doggies gave us say picks 13 and 14 or something then it would be us contributing a fair bit to his salary to make it make sense

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back