Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

In a perfect world where we have those picks that's about right, 3rd rounder coming back with Barrass as well I wouldn't imagine.
Nothing mentioned about a 3rd coming back.

Those picks seem fair to most… besides WB fans for some reason ;)

We will see if this latest play by English and TB managers will pay off and they will stay. I think English will stay but I reckon TB is gone.

We will see if this latest play by English and TB managers will pay off and they will stay. I think English will stay but I reckon TB is gone.
Lots to play out with Baz and English. Darcy Parish re-signed last year at the end of August, if Tim hasn't done so before the end of the year that would indicate he is gone.

Phil Davis on a sen show with Edmund and Tom Morris valued TB trade at picks 12 and 25.

Oh did Phil Davis not mention a third when he was tossing out a couple of random numbers? I guess that settles it. I listened to that segment, can’t believe someone is actually putting any stock in it. Clutching at straws.

Eagles supporters still talking about two first rounders for this bloke is delusional. Even a first and second is overs for him. Eagles would take that and run if it’s offered.

Oh did Phil Davis not mention a third when he was tossing out a couple of random numbers? I guess that settles it. I listened to that segment, can’t believe someone is actually putting any stock in it. Clutching at straws.

Eagles supporters still talking about two first rounders for this bloke is delusional. Even a first and second is overs for him. Eagles would take that and run if it’s offered.

Whilst a pick between 8-12 and a 2nd would be 'fair', WCE have no obligation to accept a 'fair' offer for a player contracted for another 3 years.

A first and second isn't overs, you clearly don't watch him play.

Whilst a pick between 8-12 and a 2nd would be 'fair', WCE have no obligation to accept a 'fair' offer for a player contracted for another 3 years.

It's less his ability, more the age. Thats a massive price for a 29 year old.

Yeah sounds like too much from the sound of it they are pushing him out. I would have thought something like pick 12 is spot on maybe some swapping of picks as well each way depending on salary obligations.

If I'm behind the scenes I'd simply say to West Coast that we will have one first round pick (whether that be from English compo or Smith trade). Pick one, if that's enough let's do a deal. If not, understandable, let's move on.

Pick 8 and a second, say 25, for Barrass would be big overs. Tim Taranto was traded for 12 and 19 as a young mid signing a 7 year deal.

I’ve said repeatedly he’s a good player, and I think the Cats first round pick would be about right, even if it would be a bit disappointing to turn a promising younger mid in Smith into an older KPD like Barrass. Maybe Eagles supporters would be a bit disappointed too. That’s usually the sign of a fair compromise.

He’s contracted for 3 more years, but it’s not that simple, as we’ve seen from the Tom Morris article. It reads like the Eagles are gauging the trade market on him by baulking at upping his salary, as promised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll take TIAn estimation of value who is a a Bullies supporter who are linked to him over Morris, Edmund and Phil Davis…. And what has been reported going to be offered last year…… Ok.

Pick 8 and a second, say 25, for Barrass would be big overs. Tim Taranto was traded for 12 and 19 as a young mid signing a 7 year deal.

I’ve said repeatedly he’s a good player, and I think the Cats first round pick would be about right, even if it would be a bit disappointing to turn a promising younger mid in Smith into an older KPD like Barrass. Maybe Eagles supporters would be a bit disappointed too. That’s usually the sign of a fair compromise.

He’s contracted for 3 more years, but it’s not that simple, as we’ve seen from the Tom Morris article. It reads like the Eagles are gauging the trade market on him by baulking at upping his salary, as promised.
Mids are dime a dozen.

KPDs are scarce, especially good ones.

History shows teams will overpay, especially those contending.

Lots to play out with Baz and English. Darcy Parish re-signed last year at the end of August, if Tim hasn't done so before the end of the year that would indicate he is gone.
Agreed the reports over the last week were clear leaks from their managers to try and see if there is any movement.

This post would have had more credibility if you had
:crossmark: Tom Barrass has said he is not going anywhere and is a happily contracted player that intends to finish his career at the eagles in his home state unless somebody pulls the rug out from under him.

You still have time to edit and insert my post into yours ( only 218 people have read it so far)

Is he happy with his current contract?

Doesn't seem that way at all.

He is being offered 2 extra years and more money.

And he wants his current deal renegotiated.

This post would have had more credibility if you had
:crossmark: Tom Barrass has said he is not going anywhere and is a happily contracted player that intends to finish his career at the eagles in his home state unless somebody pulls the rug out from under him.

You still have time to edit and insert my post into yours ( only 218 people have read it so far)
🫢✅

It's less his ability, more the age. Thats a massive price for a 29 year old.
Ive said it before in this thread, but being 29 doesnt matter if theyre a good enough player.

Bont and Cripps will be 29 this year and I have no doubt clubs would pay multiple first rounders for either.

A first and a second rounder for an elite KPD which are at a premium right now is not that far out there

Not exactly depth.

What do you call a 200cm defender turning 25?

And Bazzo is turning 21.

If TB goes we draft another kp defender and potentially bring in a mature ager as well.

Does it really matter if the Eagles defense rebuilds in the next three draft and trade periods? It is the plan ATM.

So not sure what the issue is. The club has been criticised for not trading out aging stars more often. Now it could happen the critics swing the other way.

Taranto isnt quite on the same tier as Barrass, and is a midfielder who are a lot easier to come by and cover for than an elite KPD. Generally clubs have 1 elite KPD on their lists only

Taranto when traded and Barrass values would be about even

Mids are dime a dozen.

KPDs are scarce, especially good ones.

History shows teams will overpay, especially those contending.

“Mids are a dime a dozen” as an argument why Tom Barrass would be worth more than Tim Taranto in a trade is one of the sillier arguments made in this thread so far.

Anyway, it’s no skin off my nose if you guys think a king’s ransom is headed your way. At the moment it looks like the Eagles are open to letting him go, rather than following through on upping his deal. Maybe that will change. But the context in the background (which the public now know thanks to the Morris article) impacts his trade value.

If the Eagles renege on the contract promise then attempt to hold out on trading him unless it’s huge overs I think we’ll see some fireworks in the media come trade week.

If I'm behind the scenes I'd simply say to West Coast that we will have one first round pick (whether that be from English compo or Smith trade). Pick one, if that's enough let's do a deal. If not, understandable, let's move on.
If bulldogs win a flag, surely they prioritise getting some young mids to support Darcy, Ugle Hagan for the future rather than getting Barass?

“Mids are a dime a dozen” as an argument why Tom Barrass would be worth more than Tim Taranto in a trade is one of the sillier arguments made in this thread so far.

Anyway, it’s no skin off my nose if you guys think a king’s ransom is headed your way. At the moment it looks like the Eagles are open to letting him go, rather than following through on upping his deal. Maybe that will change. But the context in the background (which the public now know thanks to the Morris article) impacts his trade value.

If the Eagles renege on the contract promise then attempt to hold out on trading him unless it’s huge overs I think we’ll see some fireworks in the media come trade week.
The eagles didnt renege on anything. They gave him a pay raise.

There was nothing in writing from the sounds of it, and there is new management who were not party to the original agreement

Ive said it before in this thread, but being 29 doesnt matter if theyre a good enough player.

Bont and Cripps will be 29 this year and I have no doubt clubs would pay multiple first rounders for either.

A first and a second rounder for an elite KPD which are at a premium right now is not that far out there
Age does matter though, particularly players with an injury history and as good as Barass is, he's not close to best player in the comp (or even best KPD) territory as those names so it's slightly harder. Barass has probably 100 games left in him and despite what you guys keep saying, there is a risk there is A LOT less than that. That has to be taken into account with the max a club will offer.

I personally think it's as much what picks you can get in the door as it is which experienced KPD you can bring on the cheap. I can't see a club paying more than that first and second you mentioned but I think if WC get offered that and have a cheap option (Oscar McDonald type) lined up elsewhere then they'll pull the trigger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back