Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

So do you think that Mitchell just went I think ill go over to the west and knock on Barrass door and see if he would like to come play for the Hawks next year? I would say that Barrass would off ( with the blessing of the Eagles ) given the green light to go over for a chat.
Just like Battle and the Saints would off given the green light for those talks to happen as well.
Of course TB would’ve green lighted it. In his position he would 100% be listening to offers and weighing it up and so he should if he feels like he’s been screwed over by the Eagles.

Still doesn’t mean he is 100% locked into moving but with an unlikely extension coming I think he will now go down that path.

I do wonder if the handshake deal behind the scenes is we let English walk as a FA, offer those dollars to Barrass, and WCE trigger band 1 and get that pick for Barrass with a "floor" so if that pick is too late the Bulldogs stump up an extra pick.

In cap terms we'd be paying Barrass instead of Tim so no change to our cap. West Coast effectively get an extra first rounder and Tim English for Barrass.
We ruck Lobb/Darcy next year.

I do wonder if the handshake deal behind the scenes is we let English walk as a FA, offer those dollars to Barrass, and WCE trigger band 1 and get that pick for Barrass with a "floor" so if that pick is too late the Bulldogs stump up an extra pick.

In cap terms we'd be paying Barrass instead of Tim so no change to our cap. West Coast effectively get an extra first rounder and Tim English for Barrass.
Makes a lot of sense but need it to be a 3 way handshake with TB and like you said depends where that pick ends up with your current form. I reckon Garcia would be thrown in if he agrees

Makes a lot of sense but need it to be a 3 way handshake with TB and like you said depends where that pick ends up with your current form. I reckon Garcia would be thrown in if he agrees
Where does a band 1 pick for the Dogs land when they don't have a first round pick available? There's enough of a difference between pick 11 and pick 19.

Who’s replacing Barass in the eagles side if he goes?
This is the real concern for the club.
Harry Edwards. Not really a concern there.

We just need to find another kpd to be the next in line if Edwards or gov get injured, hopefully Bazzo stays injury free next year so he can step up.

We will lose Barrass or Edwarda this year, both are getting offers from other clubs. Edwards is probably waiting to see what happens with Barrass before signing on

We're going to experience a bit of pain anyway whether we hold onto Gov and Barrass until they're done or fast track HEdwards and Bazzo so holding onto Barrass because the back up options aren't great isn't really a good argument to hold onto someone that has value and won't play on our next premiership side.

isnt that illegal under some AFL rule, thourhgt saints and bombers tried something similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Archie Reid although recruited as a forward, and still very raw, is showing signs as a KPP, and could be switched into defence next year also if we lose Barrass and/or Edwards, and/or McGovern is injured (likely)

Either way the club trading for him will do their due diligence. Then they will either be satisfied that his back will stand up or they won't.
This won't affect any trade for him as it's a threshold question, not a currency question.
How would it not affect trade.. medical says back is good now, likely fine for 1-2 yrs but quite risky for 3-5.

That will affect the assets a club will be willing to put up.

Hawks have $$$ to spare, so may be willing to take risk and add triggers for yr 4 and 5. But will affect the draft assets willing to put up.

From Barrass's comment it is clear he is motivated by $$$( nothing wrong, he has a mortgage) & so puts up with the pain, in an ideal world he would actually go for remedial work on his back lot earlier so he can have a better quality of life post AFL.

Eagles fan pretending like Barrass trade value has a reality distortion field while they argue on exact same points for other players.

fascianting to watch they value the far younger Tigers stars lot differently

How would it not affect trade.. medical says back is good now, likely fine for 1-2 yrs but quite risky for 3-5.

That will affect the assets a club will be willing to put up.

Hawks have $$$ to spare, so may be willing to take risk and add triggers for yr 4 and 5. But will affect the draft assets willing to put up.

From Barrass's comment it is clear he is motivated by $$$( nothing wrong, he has a mortgage) & so puts up with the pain, in an ideal world he would actually go for remedial work on his back lot earlier so he can have a better quality of life post AFL.

Eagles fan pretending like Barrass trade value has a reality distortion field while they argue on exact same points for other players.

fascianting to watch they value the far younger Tigers stars lot differently
Pick 10 for Tom is being floated.

Yep,
The club seems to be in a hurry all of a sudden. Do they want/need a flag before Tassie hits to try and shore up Melbourne sponsorship? Gotta be a huge hole in the budget when the Tassie deal ends.

Short cutting a rebuild never ends badly.

The competition is as even as it’s ever been but also as weak as it has ever been in at the top end. The days of having multiple champion teams up the top of the ladder for a long period of time have been and gone. Not entirely unrealistic for the hawks to bob up in the next 3-4 years and grab a flag as could be said for almost the whole competition barring a handful of sides down the bottom, especially now with free agency available.

The competition is as even as it’s ever been but also as weak as it has ever been in at the top end. The days of having multiple champion teams up the top of the ladder for a long period of time have been and gone. Not entirely unrealistic for the hawks to bob up in the next 3-4 years and grab a flag as could be said for almost the whole competition barring a handful of sides down the bottom, especially now with free agency available.
The comp is just in a transition phase and all the good teams are either old or young. Wait till the old ones drop off & the young teams move into their prime, could easily see another Dynasty or era of a few teams going at it for a number of years.

Hawks are young but have multiple holes in their list. I just wouldn’t short cut the end of the rebuild too much because it’s a long way back i it doesn’t work out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back