Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

See this is what worries me young teams in recent times have pulled back the 2nd year after an initial run and then bounced again the following year after that. It happened to Freo, Sydney and Adelaide this year (yet to see the bounce back up).

Hawthorn would be going against the grain if they were to avoid it.

If Barrass cost our F1st in any scenario we should pull out. It's too risky at this stage.

Pick 12 + a future 2nd is basically pick 10, not pick 3 .

Why people think a pick in the 30s holds so much value is weird
Hawk's first pick and F2 seems fair to me. Barrass is 29 so not exactly a spring chicken. Hawks could easily regress too with some key injuries so it could be anywhere from 20-30 which has value.

I'm doing the deal if I'm WC as he is the only player worth anything that you want to get rid of and this is the draft to hit big time. Look at Liam Ryan, he'd be worth a fraction of what you could have got a few years ago now, I wouldn't be letting that happen to Barrass.

We have a ridiculous amount of cap space, we can front load a deal that will be on a very reasonable wage on the back end. We have cap space so it is not a valuable asset to use, picks are. It’s a clear difference.

So potentially able to buy a first round pick with salary cap space? If that function is ticked off by the AFL.

2x 2nd rounders or a 2nd and a player (yet to be identified) is Hawks proposed offer. Hawthorn has determined that at 29 that is his value. The 5 year deal is true but that is the lure for Barrass to leave and not an indication of what trade value the Hawks believe is needed to satisfy the Eagles.
A 2nd and Cam McKenzie might do the trick

Hawk's first pick and F2 seems fair to me. Barrass is 29 so not exactly a spring chicken. Hawks could easily regress too with some key injuries so it could be anywhere from 20-30 which has value.

I'm doing the deal if I'm WC as he is the only player worth anything that you want to get rid of and this is the draft to hit big time. Look at Liam Ryan, he'd be worth a fraction of what you could have got a few years ago now, I wouldn't be letting that happen to Barrass.
Barass either sees his career out here on a new deal or leaves now. No middle ground surely.

See this is what worries me young teams in recent times have pulled back the 2nd year after an initial run and then bounced again the following year after that. It happened to Freo, Sydney and Adelaide this year (yet to see the bounce back up).

Hawthorn would be going against the grain if they were to avoid it.

If Barrass cost our F1st in any scenario we should pull out. It's too risky at this stage.
I agree with this strongly, I rate our list and I like what I’ve seen but the ‘lock for top 4’ etc is over the top to me. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a small come back to earth next year if things didn’t go our way.

I agree with this strongly, I rate our list and I like what I’ve seen but the ‘lock for top 4’ etc is over the top to me. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a small come back to earth next year if things didn’t go our way.
Yeah a summer with opposition clubs trying to work us out, fleet of young players stagnating, fixturing, so many reasons. We can't get ahead of ourselves this isn't a buy to extend our window it's a buy at the start. Very different things.

Hawks fans.....is there any reason DGB isn't being talked about as being part o the trade?

Is he good enough to be part of HWC's future and therefore worth too much to put on the table?
Is he that bad that he adds nothing to a trade?
Is he now a fwd and WC don't need tall fwd's?
He's worth nothing in a trade. Could easily be delisted at the end of the year and we could pick him up for free potentially

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mumurs in Perth that Barass hasnt put in a trade request yet. Eagles have also apparently been chasing a Hawks player this year, even before Hawthorn registered a interest in Barass
What player could that possibly be? And everyone seems to be screaming from the rooftop that the trade is pretty much done

Mumurs in Perth that Barass hasnt put in a trade request yet. Eagles have also apparently been chasing a Hawks player this year, even before Hawthorn registered a interest in Barass
Of course he hadn’t. The season is still going.

What player could that possibly be? And everyone seems to be screaming from the rooftop that the trade is pretty much done
We have kept it under wraps it seems and we probably wont find out til Hawks season ends. Similar to when Jayden Hunt joined. No one in the media knew about it . It could only be Jiath or Harry MOrrison really based on the uncontracted list

We have kept it under wraps it seems and we probably wont find out til Hawks season ends. Similar to when Jayden Hunt joined. No one in the media knew about it . It could only be Jiath or Harry MOrrison really based on the uncontracted list
Morrison is too good for VFL level. Genuinely hardly ever puts a foot wrong when called up, but he’s behind Jiath and D’Ambrosio most weeks.
Composed and a good leader.

Makes sense for Eagles and their list profile.

Serong maybe. He has been killing it in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back