Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean the future picks could leave us with unders.
If we are bottom 2-3 and they are top 2-3 itll be only a small uprgrade on that future pick in addition to a pick probably in the teens this year.
So what do you want for Barrass?

Personally I think he's worth about Pick 8-12 or so and if that's the range it will be a straight swap.

Like someone said earlier maybe steak knives too

The fact it's already come out suggests there is some deal already in place possibly

I don't see how we trade 2 first rounders even if it is a future one. That's that is the only options I'd rather stick with what we have

Hawks Send Pick 10(ish) & F1 to WCE for Barass and Pick 23.

This gives WCE 2 first round picks this year and next and it gives HAW 2 x second round picks this year, Barass and a 2nd round pick next year. DGB and 3 round picks to smooth out any imbalance either side may have.
I think west coast will want as many picks as possible this year, we have a big crew out of contract who we likely delist and need to replace. If im west coast im looking to have at least 4-5 picks before 40ish where a bid for out NGA kid will likely come. Getting 2 current year picks for Barrass brings us to 4, and id still be chasing more.

I think we will want to keep pick 23 because of this

I think west coast will want as many picks as possible this year, we have a big crew out of contract who we likely delist and need to replace. If im west coast im looking to have at least 4-5 picks before 40ish where a bid for out NGA kid will likely come. Getting 2 current year picks for Barrass brings us to 4, and id still be chasing more.

I think we will want to keep pick 23 because of this
If that is the case it should really be simply first and second this year and be done with it.

Coming around to the first one with our improved end to the season.

Would draw the line before the second
I shouldve clarified, thats contingent on the Hawks not going too far into September, ideally out in the first week. Any further and itd have to be looked at again

I shouldve clarified, thats contingent on the Hawks not going too far into September, ideally out in the first week. Any further and itd have to be looked at again
Not sure second week would change it too much, if we were to make a prelim i guess maybe you then look at it differently. However an extremely inexperienced finals team that hasn't even got locked in to them yet has me thinking that is probably a bit of a stretch to make it that far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be sure to enjoy the horrified faces on the Hawthorn supporters then.

I’d be surprised if it’s more than pick one this year.. that was too much before Hawks ascent up the ladder.. Probably more reasonable now for a player the eagles are open to leaving. The Eagles probably need the pick for the Baker trade so should happen early..Would make sense for Denver to be involved as a token gesture given he’s going to be further down the pecking order..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d be surprised if it’s more than pick one this year.. that was too much before Hawks ascent up the ladder.. Probably more reasonable now for a player the eagles are open to leaving. The Eagles probably need the pick for the Baker trade so should happen early..Would make sense for Denver to be involved as a token gesture given he’s going to be further down the pecking order..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You couldn't have been more wrong if you tried...

Tom Mitchell.
Hmm okay but that was a situation where the selling side was very keen for the move

We are defintly not keen for this move. I think its more of a Lachie Schultz situation. Freo had him under contract, were not keen on him leaving so Collingwood paid overs

Schultz went for 2nd rounder and future 1st..... I think Barass is better then Schulz yeah ?

it is becoming a delicate situation. After you factor in Academy picks etc., Hawthorn's first rounder is going to fall at about 21 or even 22.
that won't get the deal done.
future first? even though it's probably going to be 18 (even lower after academies etc) it is still too much to trade this year's F1 (pick 21) and next years F1 (18 + whatever) for Barrass.
I think a player might be involved.
anyway, history tells us the deal will get done.

history tells us the deal will get done.
Don't be so sure last year Smith requested a trade to us but WB weren't interested so nothing got done. We did put in an offer but once rejected we respected that and all parties moved on. This situation sounds like it will could be very similar.

Last edited:
Don't be so sure last year Smith requested a trade to us but WB weren't interested so nothing got done.
This didn’t happen.

Dogs thought it would happen, but it didn’t happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back