Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he had back issues your club wouldnt be offering him 4 years, unless you think your clubs list managers and Sam Mitchell are stupid?

There is obviously more risk involved, given his history of back issues. You'd be silly to think that it does not factor into this in any way.

No club is giving up multiple firsts for a player his age with that kind of history, especially when that player wants to leave.

I expect our first rounder and some change will get the deal done. Hopefully DGB is included on top of the picks, mainly for his own good. His value is negligible, but maybe WCE could get something out of him.

There is obviously more risk involved, given his history of back issues. You'd be silly to think that it does not factor into this in any way.

No club is giving up multiple firsts for a player his age with that kind of history, especially when that player wants to leave.

I expect our first rounder and some change will get the deal done. Hopefully DGB is included on top of the picks, mainly for his own good. His value is negligible, but maybe WCE could get something out of him.
As has been said before here, if you guys keep winning them more will need to be added.
It was originally your 1st and 2nd rounders when you looked like just missing the finals, it would have been pick 10 + a pick in the late 20s.
Now that same deal is looking like it could be pick 13-16 and a late 20s pick.

Clubs pay 2nd rounders to move up 1-2 spots in that 10-14 area of the draft, thats the value thats been lost for the Eagles potentially.

If its 13/14 or later then your F1 will have to be looked at.
Something like Hawks 1st + F1 for Barrass and Wce F2 becomes reasonable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing this discussion might be a waste of time … another potential target has come along to add to battle .
I heard this a while back as well. Was told it was someone contracted but wasn't told who. I usually won't post on here unless I get actually names as clubs are generally juggling a lot of potential recruits

Well good news 'cos you're getting both.

The above mail may be on the money. Hawks won’t offer more than a first this year. We’ve also got a very promising NGA this year in Cody Anderson we’ll need the Pies second to match.

There’s another interstate key back who’ll also come onto the market shortly for approx the same value.

If West Coast ask for more (which is fair, they’re entitled to as it’s their player), I believe the club will respectfully bow out and switch targets.

WCE lied to him and now play hardball and force him to stay on pennies. Nice club that

And how did the Eagles lie to him?

He got a pay rise. So how much is he on now?

You seem to be in the know.

Barrass tested the trade waters last year. After signing an extension his manager advised against signing.

Barrass is allegedly a smart bloke. Very high IQ. He didn't act that way when he signed that long term agreement. Even after getting an uplift.

The above mail may be on the money. Hawks won’t offer more than a first this year. We’ve also got a very promising NGA this year in Cody Anderson we’ll need the Pies second to match.

There’s another interstate key back who’ll also come onto the market shortly for approx the same value.

If West Coast ask for more (which is fair, they’re entitled to as it’s their player), I believe the club will respectfully bow out and switch targets.

Cool story.

Hawks keep flying around the country making offers it won't back up and get done players and managers won't be taking calls from them.

What you describe is tyre kicking. Go look at cars you can't afford and have no intention in purchasing and wasting people's time.

That behaviour catches up with you eventually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back