Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade period will probably play out like this:
  • WC will ask for 11 + F1st for Barrass + F2nd
  • Hawthorn will offer 27 + F2nd for Barrass + F3rd
  • WC will say no and ask for a 1st Rd pick to be included.
  • Hawthorn will offer either 11 or F1st.
  • WC will ask for 27 or F2nd to be included as well.
  • Hawthorn will offer 11 + F3rd.
  • WC will counter 11 + F2nd.
  • Hawthorn will put final offer 11 + F2nd for Barrass + F3rd.
  • Will drag out till finals minutes of trade deadline with threats from both sides of walking away.
  • minutes before trade deadline closes
  • Hawthorn offer 11 + F2nd
  • WC accept, paperwork lodged.

So he'll be 2 years younger than Lake when was when he played his first game for Hawthorn(29 vs 31)?

Got it.
It’s still just a year and a half age difference in real terms and Lake was significantly more durable and without a bad back,

Also you said 3 years. Which is double the actual age difference.

It’s still just a year and a half age difference in real terms and Lake was significantly more durable and without a bad back,

Also you said 3 years. Which is double the actual age difference.
Well Lake missed most of 2011 with injury and various surgeries but go on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

25 year old darling v a 25 year old Gunston
Ill take Jack Gunston every day of the week
This is so completely besides the point of this thread but you do know that in early 2018 (i.e. when Darling was 25 years of age) he was arguably the best player in the comp in the first half of the year before injuries.
And then he had his best season and won AA honours in 2019.
That's not to say you wouldn't take Gunston over his entire career (I wouldn't, but I see the argument), however, your arbitrary age would definitely be favourable to Darling.

Last edited:
Trade period will probably play out like this:
  • WC will ask for 11 + F1st for Barrass + F2nd
  • Hawthorn will offer 27 + F2nd for Barrass + F3rd
  • WC will say no and ask for a 1st Rd pick to be included.
  • Hawthorn will offer either 11 or F1st.
  • WC will ask for 27 or F2nd to be included as well.
  • Hawthorn will offer 11 + F3rd.
  • WC will counter 11 + F2nd.
  • Hawthorn will put final offer 11 + F2nd for Barrass + F3rd.
  • Will drag out till finals minutes of trade deadline with threats from both sides of walking away.
  • minutes before trade deadline closes
  • Hawthorn offer 11 + F2nd
  • WC accept, paperwork lodged.
Nailed it!

Hammer Nail GIFs | Tenor

This is so completely besides the point of this thread but you do know that in early 2018 (i.e. when Darling was 25 years of age) he was arguably the best player in the comp in the first half of the year before injuries.
And then he had his best season and won AA honours in 2019.
That's not to say you wouldn't take Gunston over his entire career (I wouldn't, but I see the argument), however, your arbitrary age would definitely be favourable to Darling.
OK lets change it to 26 if that better

Unless another team bobs up (or the Eagles about-face and renegotiate with Barrass), the Eagles are looking at the Hawks first or the Cats first (via Dogs) as the primary component.

I think they’ll have done very well if on top of that they manage to do something like upgrade their F3 to the Dogs/Hawks F2. That would be a great result for them.

If the Hawks pick ends up 12, I think they’d have reasonable grounds to say that’s enough for Barrass. And I think the Eagles will be hard pressed to hold out for too much more in the circumstances.
12 plus some horse trading for sundries will probably be about right, I'd like a second rounder but we will have to see.

Hawk's R1 for Barrass to play for the Hawks in 2025.

Pies R2 or Hawk's F2 for WC to pay for Barrass to play for the Hawks in 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back