Traded Tom Berry [Traded to Gold Coast with #46 and F2 for #25, #36 and #56]

Remove this Banner Ad

This will get done quickly >

Suns get- Tom Berry.

Lions get- Jack Bowes + pick 7.

Sad to lose Baby Berry but it’s a good sign of depth that he can’t get a game with us…

I hope the Lions get Tom where he wants to go and that he gets better opportunities - perhaps could be part of a trade for Bowes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He spends a lot of time through the midfield at VFL level, really only spends the majority of his time at a forward when he's played at AFL level.

Will chase and tackle, but doesn't impact the scoreboard enough at the moment as a forward.
Shhhh!

Sad to lose Baby Berry but it’s a good sign of depth that he can’t get a game with us…

I hope the Lions get Tom where he wants to go and that he gets better opportunities - perhaps could be part of a trade for Bowes?
Maybe the Suns will have the sense to play him midfield eventually unlike the Lions where he will shine if given the opportunity...and I'm speaking from having seen every game he's played for the GWV Rebels.
He has explosive pace off the mark, is a tackling machine and as hard as a cat's head, the only knock on Tommy has ever been is his kicking is a tad inconsistent at times. Like Jarrod a fine young man as well.

He’s hardly had a chance to play in the seniors since he was 20 years old.

2 AFL games this year with 53% and 65% TOG.

3 scoring shots and 1 goal assist from effectively 1.5 games is not too bad.

Had 18 scoring shots in 11 VFL games so not completely unaware around the f50..

As a more athletic holman understudy I’m happy to get him.

Maybe has capacity to play as a tagger or occasional centre square bruiser to chop out Touk and rowell who are a bit shorter.

Will chase and tackle, but doesn't impact the scoreboard enough at the moment as a forward.

Maybe has capacity to play as a tagger or occasional centre square bruiser to chop out Touk and rowell who are a bit shorter.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's definitely worth a shot for Gold Coast especially since he'll be cheap/free.

I just think he's better suited playing as a midfielder, which he hasn't really had a shot to do at AFL level. A fair few of those scoring shots at VFL level would be playing through the midfield. Very willing tackler though, even playing as a forward in the seniors.

Young Tommy has speed and acceleration Miller and Rowell can only dream about, played almost all of his GWV Rebels footy as a midfielder and for some reason the Vic Country coach played him as a small/medium defender that played on the opposition's dangerous small forwards i,e. Izak Rankine at the Nationals. To my knowledge he's never had a decent crack in the midfield for the Lions AFL which is beggar's belief.....Hopefully the Suns give him a crack because you will get a big surprise with his acceleration from the contest and his absolute manic hardness at the contest.

Young Tommy has speed and acceleration Miller and Rowell can only dream about, played almost all of his GWV Rebels footy as a midfielder and for some reason the Vic Country coach played him as a small/medium defender that played on the opposition's dangerous small forwards i,e. Izak Rankine at the Nationals. To my knowledge he's never had a decent crack in the midfield for the Lions AFL which is beggar's belief.....Hopefully the Suns give him a crack because you will get a big surprise with his acceleration from the contest and his absolute manic hardness at the contest.
I always wanted to see him as a midfielder I think he’s one of those footballers that will turn out to be a steal.

Just curious what's the point to include picks 70 and 71? Surely, it does not make any difference.
Only 10 but this does happen between clubs
Maybe it looks better on the paperwork lodged to AFL:)
Basically i am saying the present pick 53 should get it done. Hope so anyhow
I think 43 is to much to hope for if you are a Lions fan and 68 would not help us much at all but could happen

In the end the Lions will let him go to the Suns for better opportunities

Lions may have to settle for something later. The Suns presently hold 43, 53, 68, 71. I imagine that will change over the trade period
Pick 43 = 378 points
Pick 53 = 233 points
Pick 68 = 59 points
Pick 70 = 39 points
Pick 71 = 29 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tom Berry [Traded to Gold Coast with #46 and F2 for #25, #36 and #56]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back