Tom Boyd vs Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about boyd vs bruce

Boyd vs. Cameron McCarthy would be the best comparison IMO, considering they were both selected in the same draft, are playing the same role for their sides, and that McCarthy is essentially taking the place in the GWS pecking order that Boyd would have, had he still been there (with Jon Patton's injury).

Yeah my original quote said "on an AFL list" I was just correcting the bloke :)
He never said said he wasn't on the list for 3 years :)

i'd rather melbournes list tbh

I'd be saying the same if I was a Saints supporter....;)

Hogan looks awesome. If he can stay fit could become one of the greats, will be fun watching him over the years.

Boyd was/is a giant compared to Jesse. Big guys take longer but can end up pretty effective. Would be happy if he gets to be a T Hawkins type. Fingers crossed.

Just averaging it out Boyd received for his effort against Fitzpatrick, around $45,454.95. When a player accepts that kind of cash it is open season mate. Look at the crap Jack Watts puts up with and has come to enjoy, Boyd should be getting more shit than Watts after that pathetic effort.

Don't get me wrong, I think Boyd has a future as a better than average player in the AFL.

But this game just made me lol due to ManOfClay's desparate attempts to compare the two. At the moment, there is no comparison.

Their first ever H2H game:

Boyd: 1 handball, 1 tackle, 3 hitouts (on Jack Fitzpatrick, of all players)
Hogan: 11 kicks, 10 handballs, 9 marks, 1 tackle, 3 goals.

Clays tears today would have been delicious, $7 mill. LMAO

Dogs supporters have just come to the realization that Boyd doesn't lead enough and doesn't take a heap of contested marks. This was evident in about his third game last year. He's just a hulk with a poor football brain, doesn't read the play or get himself into good positions. He may end up being a serviceable player that gets to 200 games, but he wont be worth a $1mil a season.

I realise that most big blokes take a lot of time, but Bulldogs supporters would have to be getting a bit nervous. He'll obviously turn out to be a decent player eventually, but will he be worth the $1 million a year he will be getting for the next 7 years? Will that deal come back to haunt the Dogs when they are wanting to sign or their other guns on long term deals? And it will obviously effect their chances of recruiting in the future.

I realise that most big blokes take a lot of time, but Bulldogs supporters would have to be getting a bit nervous.

Don't see why. This is his second year. Most KPFs don't come into their own until their fourth or fifth year. This is like stressing because your one year old can't write yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just averaging it out Boyd received for his effort against Fitzpatrick, around $45,454.95. When a player accepts that kind of cash it is open season mate. Look at the crap Jack Watts puts up with and has come to enjoy, Boyd should be getting more shit than Watts after that pathetic effort.
Given he can't be on more than draftee wages this year, this is completely wrong.

Cool story, though.

Yeah, but you're paying Griffen 800K this year to get BOG's for GWS as part of the Boyd deal too, so you are coughing up bigtime one way or another.
"BOG's"... Before this weekend Griffen has been ordinary at best for GWS. Was fantastic on the weekend, though.

OK BOG singular then. He's been taking the tagger each week freeing Shiel and Treloar up to dominate. Point still stands.
Meh. Paying Griffen doesn't really bother me. People are carrying on about paying Boyd big money, who would we of given that 800k (the Griffen money) to this year? But I can see why it would rub some people up the wrong way.

I think it's a bit of a myth Griffen is taking the tag. Besides he St Kilda game it's been Shiel and Treloar getting the tags. They're just freaks and break them.

Meh. Paying Griffen doesn't really bother me. People are carrying on about paying Boyd big money, who would we of given that 800k (the Griffen money) to this year? But I can see why it would rub some people up the wrong way.

I think it's a bit of a myth Griffen is taking the tag. Besides he St Kilda game it's been Shiel and Treloar getting the tags. They're just freaks and break them.
Dunno, maybe you could have front loaded some other contracts or something, but it was just part of the agreed trade wasn't it?
A myth that Griff takes the tag? Maybe, maybe it's like the myth that Boyd takes the best defender.

Dunno, maybe you could have front loaded some other contracts or something, but it was just part of the agreed trade wasn't it?
A myth that Griff takes the tag? Maybe, maybe it's like the myth that Boyd takes the best defender.
The weekend was the first time the best defender hasn't gone to Boyd. Maybe it will happen more now, no doubt Stringer is our most dangerous forward.

Would of been nice to not pay Griffen, but if that was the sticking point in the trade than so be it. If we were pressed for cap space it would be more of a concern. We've had all our young players besides Talia sign on, too. If bloke's like Macrae, Stringer, Bontempelli and Libba hadn't signed new contracts in the last 12 months then it would be an issue.

No doubt there's flaws in the deal, but it's a deal we had to make. If people can't see why we made it then there's no point talking about it.

The weekend was the first time the best defender hasn't gone to Boyd. Maybe it will happen more now, no doubt Stringer is our most dangerous forward.

Would of been nice to not pay Griffen, but if that was the sticking point in the trade than so be it. If we were pressed for cap space it would be more of a concern. We've had all our young players besides Talia sign on, too. If bloke's like Macrae, Stringer, Bontempelli and Libba hadn't signed new contracts in the last 12 months then it would be an issue.

No doubt there's flaws in the deal, but it's a deal we had to make. If people can't see why we made it then there's no point talking about it.
No, he hasn't taken the best defender each week.
Agree with your last point though.

I'm a fairly level headed bloke who usually doesn't tip into the absolute tripe these sorts of threads espouse, but I've read more garbage in the last few posts than I thought possible.

Beveridge did Boyd no favours today, all he did was highlight to the whole world how poor Boyd has been.
Will be interesting to see how Boyd handles the blowtorch.

Probably the most ignorant post on bigfooty. Well done.

Boyd vs. Cameron McCarthy would be the best comparison IMO, considering they were both selected in the same draft, are playing the same role for their sides, and that McCarthy is essentially taking the place in the GWS pecking order that Boyd would have, had he still been there (with Jon Patton's injury).

Boyd and Hawkins early are the only comparison. McCarthy is an athletic medium forward. Actually he's literally nothing like McCarthy.

OMG. Why did you bother writing this?

Dogs supporters have just come to the realization that Boyd doesn't lead enough and doesn't take a heap of contested marks. This was evident in about his third game last year. He's just a hulk with a poor football brain, doesn't read the play or get himself into good positions. He may end up being a serviceable player that gets to 200 games, but he wont be worth a $1mil a season.

He certainly hasn't done damage on the lead, that's indisputable, the rest of this post is pathetic.

Yeah, but you're paying Griffen 800K this year to get BOG's for GWS as part of the Boyd deal too, so you are coughing up bigtime one way or another.

I suggest you watch more football.

No, he hasn't taken the best defender each week.
Agree with your last point though.

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back