Tom Jonas (Past Player)

Remove this Banner Ad

Played for Norwood in their GF loss.

Sounds like a solid HB type with potential to develop - good type to pick up with rookie draft.

Wouldn't you prefer to be a crowbots supporter?:mad:

No, I like to see my club succeed so I don't just blindly accept everything they do as the right choice. Although if you're going to whinge about people questioning those in power and not blindly accepting that they must be right, you might fit in well at mediocrity-land across town.

Hind sight is a wonderful thing. According to Rhode there was a real bolter. That must have been Jonas. They had a good look at him at training and in the AFL environment he may have prospered. Alf was in a similiar situation and no one would have thought that he was as good as he turned out to be.

At least wait until the competitive stuff starts because it seems that they valued their first pick pretty high due to what they saw on the training track.

No, I like to see my club succeed so I don't just blindly accept everything they do as the right choice. Although if you're going to whinge about people questioning those in power and not blindly accepting that they must be right, you might fit in well at mediocrity-land across town.
Yeah, but you haven't even listened to what the club has had to say.

The board went into meltdown when the AFL website listed O'Shea as a tall defender. Now he's a tall running midfielder in the Mundy mould. Speaking of Mundy, most would have called him a decent half back flanker before recently. Now he is one of the better midfielders in the competition. Shock horror, players positions aren't decided when they are 17. The club said all the national draft picks can play in the midfield.

Oh but wait, that's not what the flawless afl.com.au system said. GET THE PITCHFORKS.

I prefer blind support to blind faith. I'll save my whinging until the experts in charge seem fairly likely to have been proven wrong by evidence but won't admit it, when they won't do anything to change it, or even worse when they look to be doubling down on bad bets like a problem gambler. Until then, I'll accept any of the more reasonable scenarios for being surprised by some choices they make, ahead of 'club doesn't know what its doing, sky is falling' reactive claptrap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

may as well blindly accept it cause theres not a ****en thing you can do about it pal

Sorry, I didn't know you were a draft expert...:rolleyes:

Jonas will be on 5AA between 5-30 and 6-30. As usual they wont tell you an exact time - you got to stick around and listen to their BS.

I went to the SANFL GF and can't say I remember him.

Jonas will be on 5AA between 5-30 and 6-30. As usual they wont tell you an exact time - you got to stick around and listen to their BS.

I went to the SANFL GF and can't say I remember him.

I watched all the SANFL finals on TV and same here.

Are there any Norwood fans out there who could give us a bit more info on this guy and did anybody listen to his interview?

Are there any Norwood fans out there who could give us a bit more info on this guy and did anybody listen to his interview?

Yeah I listened to the interview but didn't get much out of it other than he had trained at Port for a week and that Basset being a backman had really help his game this year. Also he had grown quiet a bit in a couple of years.

Wildy and McDermott seemed to spend most of the time patting themselves on the back for noticing him as a 14 year old playing for one of the river Murray clubs i think, and how they picked him to be drafted as a kid.

I'm curious to know which junior club he's from. I follow country football, including the River Murray League, i don't think he played juniors there, but i'm not certain.

His Norwood Football Club site profile says he was aligned to Sturt previously, he apparently went to Norwood in a swap for Michael Bratton. My guess is that Jonas played junior footy in the Hills (part of Sturt's zone)

http://www.norwoodfc.com.au/THE_TEAM/PLAYERPROFILES/55.aspx

Sorry, I didn't know you were a draft expert...:rolleyes:

Not a draft expert, but I know what our list (IMO, of course) needs, and I know that the players we drafted don't seem to fit those needs. I don't judge a player on whether they're good or bad until I actually see them play, but I can judge them on whether their position, strengths/weaknesses etc. are what we need.

I haven't seen much of him live but mostly the finals on tv. Looked pretty good, I wouldn't have been unhappy if we used a rookie pick on him. Seemed to be very good one on one. I don't think another defender would have been what you are after though. At least that's one norwood player who won't be leaving the state.

I haven't seen much of him live but mostly the finals on tv. Looked pretty good, I wouldn't have been unhappy if we used a rookie pick on him. Seemed to be very good one on one. I don't think another defender would have been what you are after though. At least that's one norwood player who won't be leaving the state.

How many of the GF side has been drafted as well as kids who didn't play in the GF for Norwood? Must be close to 10 players all up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Jonas (Past Player)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back