• Position:​
    Defender
  • Games:​
  • Goals:​
  • Avg Kicks:​
  • Avg Marks:​
  • Avg Handballs:​
PLAYER ASSESSMENT

Medium defender/midfielder who has come of age in 2013. His balance, game sense and ability to read the ball in flight give him a significant advantage when the ball is in the air. A strong overhead mark and fluent kick of the football on his preferred right foot, his ball use is smart and consistently finds its target.

If anyone can tell me something about him, or even why we picked up up please let me know. Im struggling to think. As always I trust Hine, but with drafting the berg, promoting Oxley, Toovey coming back from injury and already having Goldsack on our list. It seems like he plays a position we really don't need?

If anyone can tell me something about him, or even why we picked up up please let me know. Im struggling to think. As always I trust Hine, but with drafting the berg, promoting Oxley, Toovey coming back from injury and already having Goldsack on our list. It seems like he plays a position we really don't need?
Because I'm guessing the recruiters don't like pigeon holing players who are under 19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snoop Dog said this: Tom Langdon – Sandringham Dragons / 188cm / 85kg /’94
I wasn’t terribly excited about Langdon last year and to be fair was probably right in that view given he wasn’t drafted. To his credit he has probably proved a few of us wrong because his performances at state league level this year would have probably got him a senior game somewhere along the line as a couple of the games I caught he looked very good. Tall athletic type who whilst has played all over the place this year he is your HB type who could probably jump onto a wing and can play taller types as is pretty agile and equally on the little blokes. Doesn’t win enough footy for the middle and seems more HB than HF I reckon. Doesn’t have a real standout feature other than his foot skills which are v good but just very good across most of the KPIs a club will look at. Good kid to.

Knightmare's phantom draft writes: om Langdon (VIC – Def/Mid)
Height: 188cm, Weight: 84kg, DOB: 09/06/1994
Recruited from: Sandringham Dragons
Style:
Player comparison:
Range: 45-undrafted
Profile: Langdon was a big improver last season and was incredibly unlucky to not get drafted last season and has again produced this season with an even more outstanding season where he has shown the versatility to dominate down back, through the midfield and up forward. As a defender Langdon is an effective rebounder who can take intercept marks but then use it superbly by foot generating meaningful rebound as well as some run and carry. As a midfielder Langdon can read the ruck taps well, be a factor in winning the clearances and use it well by hand and foot as well as linkup on the outside. Then up forward Langdon also is a factor finding plenty of the footy, using it well hitting his targets inside 50 while also showing he can finish. So regardless of wherever you play him he’ll play some play and find plenty of it. He’s also capable of doing some damage. He has a 55m kick on him and can hit targets over a variety of distances. He’s a strong tackler and has some nice marking ability at his height and can read the ball so well in the air and be a big time intercept marker. His production is also top notch averaging 27.5 disposals and 6.7 marks per game in the TAC while also playing strong footy in the VFL in his six games.

BF Magpies Board rule 73: I hope he proves me wrong.

Looks ordinary to me, though he doesn't look as bad as Lachlan Smith. Not sure he has much more potential than Farmer.

Raul's Phanty

Tom Langdon, Sandringham Dragons 188cm, 84kg
Player Comparison:
Langdon is another player who missed out on draft selection in 2012, but has shown enough to be given an opportunity on an AFL list. Langdon impressed for both the Sandringham Dragons and Zebras this season and has put himself back into draft contention. Langdon is an elite kick of the football, he has terrific skills and is also a fantastic decision-maker. He manages to accumulate large numbers of possessions and he also is an outstanding decision-maker. Langdon also possesses leadership qualities, something that clubs will like about him.

The only problem I see with Langdon is that he seems to be fighting for spots in Medium defenders/Utility players/Half back flankers.

Goldsack, Maxwell, Karnezis, Scharenberg.... Oxley and Ramsay... Harry O, Seedsman, Young... These are the players I foresee him competing against, Will be interested to see the roles he plays in next years VFL.

Hi guys, stoked to see you guys give this kid a chance. His talent is immense and he showed class off half back all season. I think best player to compare him to would be Andrew Mackie. Plays that half back role but can play midfield. His kicking is first rate and is strong mark. When he gets ball he always seems to have time and space.

On his VFL form this year theres no doubt if he was on an AFL list he would have played games in 95% of clubs, he was that good. He dominated the games he played, before unfortunately injuring his arm late in season.

If you are interested here's link to interview we did with him during the season - http://www.truezebras.com/young-langdons-determination/

Here are some photos of Tom.

dsc_6032.jpg

dsc_5618.jpg

dsc_7005.jpg

dsc_7003.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, stoked to see you guys give this kid a chance. His talent is immense and he showed class off half back all season. I think best player to compare him to would be Andrew Mackie. Plays that half back role but can play midfield. His kicking is first rate and is strong mark. When he gets ball he always seems to have time and space.

On his VFL form this year theres no doubt if he was on an AFL list he would have played games in 95% of clubs, he was that good. He dominated the games he played, before unfortunately injuring his arm late in season.

If you are interested here's link to interview we did with him during the season - http://truezebras.net/2013/07/19/young-langdons-determination/

Here are some photos of Tom.

dsc_6032.jpg

dsc_5618.jpg

dsc_7005.jpg

dsc_7003.jpg

thanks for the input mate. Good to see people outside the club rate him

thanks for the input mate. Good to see people outside the club rate him

No worries. I wanted him at Saints, was spewing when we traded away our picks around 45-60. Good thing with Tom is he could play round 1 if you need him, playing senior VFL footy this year has helped him immensely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tom Langdon (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back