Tom Lonergan

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a decent performance that was probably flattered by the poor opposition.
Stiil, can only beat what you're up against.

Hope he is retained.

Rhombus said:
I'm not sure. I've seen him play some good footy in the VFL as a floating backman.
At least he's versatile. That may work for him.

Thats why he has been down back, because a lot of the other talls in the VFL (Haynes, Garth McCarthy) aren't versatile. I just think hes a much better forward than backmen.

Phat said:
Was a decent performance that was probably flattered by the poor opposition.
Stiil, can only beat what you're up against.

Hope he is retained.

With plenty of players already beng lined up for the chop, today's performance should be enough for him to stay on the list

Good for the kid to kick a couple of goals but is a long way off it. Lonergan and Thurley will be phased out in the coming weeks. Good idea to blood a couple and it is pleasing they have contributed but there is more deserving players in the squad. Callan, Koula, Gardiner, Mackie, Egan to name just a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bulletproof said:
Good for the kid to kick a couple of goals but is a long way off it. Lonergan and Thurley will be phased out in the coming weeks. Good idea to blood a couple and it is pleasing they have contributed but there is more deserving players in the squad. Callan, Koula, Gardiner, Mackie, Egan to name just a few.

Maybe, maybe not. None of the abovementioned have done enough to secure a starting 22 spot and if Lonergan and Thurley play well enough they will keep their spots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Lonergan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back