Certified Legendary Thread Tom Hawkins - a magnificent 350+ games... The GFC All-Time Games Record Holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Further stats because I was bored.

Hawkins goal assists vs each team

Western Bulldogs 24
Collingwood 23
Richmond 21
Brisbane 19
Essendon 19
Gold Coast 19
Hawthorn 19
Carlton 18
Fremantle 17
North Melbourne 16
Port Adelaide 16
St. Kilda 16
Sydney 15
West Coast 15
Melbourne 13
Adelaide 12
GWS 12

Goal assists per game vs team

Gold Coast 1.37
Western Bulldogs 1.18
Essendon 1.17
Richmond 1.05
West Coast 0.95
Carlton 0.9
Collingwood 0.89
GWS 0.87
Brisbane 0.8
Port Adelaide 0.8
St. Kilda 0.8
Fremantle 0.77
North Melbourne 0.77
Hawthorn 0.71
Sydney 0.58
Adelaide 0.57
Melbourne 0.57

Goal contributions (goals kicked + assists vs each team)

Brisbane 87
Essendon 77
Hawthorn 73
Melbourne 73
North Melbourne 71
Sydney 69
Collingwood 68
Fremantle 67
St Kilda 64
Western Bulldogs 64
Richmond 61
Port Adelaide 58
West Coast 58
Gold Coast 53
Adelaide 49
Carlton 48
GWS 46

Goal contributions per game vs each team

Essendon 4.28
Gold Coast 3.79
Brisbane 3.63
West Coast 3.63
North Melbourne 3.38
GWS 3.29
St Kilda 3.2
Melbourne 3.17
Western Bulldogs 3.08
Richmond 3.05
Fremantle 3.04
Port Adelaide 2.9
Sydney 2.65
Collingwood 2.62
Hawthorn 2.61
Carlton 2.4
Adelaide 2.33

More photos

4 champions.... get out the dna swabb ... and store it for the future.

What I would love this week is for the cheer squad and even crowd to get behind Hawk every end he is at get up a get a tomtom going or a Hawk or something. Not long to go now. Soon , like so many before him , he will just be a few millivolts in our hippocampus . If the big guy is down on form its time for the passive majority to give him a little help.

I'd love to be totally off the mark with this, but is anyone else wondering with all the promotion around Hawkins equalling Joel's games record this week, that maybe we'll be seeing an announcement after this week?

No doubt that this is a big milestone, but wouldn't game 356 in a week or two be more deserving of the media & promotion that's been done this week - or will it be two weeks of this?

Wonder if pre season Hawk had thought he would get to 355 and retire on the same number of games as Joel
Then we go on a winning streak and he starts thinking about the possibility of more success
His head is full of choices and the pressure of making the right decision together with age causes his form slump

I'd love to be totally off the mark with this, but is anyone else wondering with all the promotion around Hawkins equalling Joel's games record this week, that maybe we'll be seeing an announcement after this week?

No doubt that this is a big milestone, but wouldn't game 356 in a week or two be more deserving of the media & promotion that's been done this week - or will it be two weeks of this?
Mark Taylor declared 334 not out so as nit to pass BRADMAN.. there is a precedent

Go Catters

Mark Taylor declared 334 not out so as nit to pass BRADMAN.. there is a precedent

Go Catters

Like most, I would have thought that game 356 was a forgone conclusion a month ago and it probably still is

But the media around game 355 has been interesting, and you wonder what they'll do in a week or fortnight's time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was barely 2 months ago I wrote the OP for this thread, and when doing so knew this match wouldn't be too far away - if trying to write it again, I'm not sure much would change

Tom may not have had the most fruitful of times since game #350, but none of that changes what he's achieved to date in his career and the significance of what he's about to achieve when he runs out Saturday afternoon

For some, they may have only witnessed a portion of his 355 games to date, for others they've seen the journey from standout junior, to the "man-child" on debut, through to the player leading the way in our forward line for the last decade plus

He's a future AFL Hall of Fame inductee, and no doubt a future Geelong Football Club Legend inductee - what a pleasure it's been to be bought along for the ride

Congrats to Tom on this achievement - and when the #26 plays in the Hoops for the last time, maybe we'll have to hang up the famous number until young Henry is drafted in a few years

And yes, I do believe the updated thread tag is thoroughly deserved, when it's an achievement of this nature

Excellent achievement and a true legend of the club.
It's time though

He won't be going right now, he'll probably see out the rest of the season.

Maybe he should of retired at the end of 2023. Anyway that aside, he will continue on for this season at least.

2 goals and a goal assist against a quality outfit was surely a step in the right direction.

But we are top heavy with Neale, Rohan, Cameron and O.Henry playing as well. Mostly they are incapable of contesting aerial balls so from a strategic standpoint it's difficult to see what the MC are trying to achieve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back