Tom Young to WB for pick 71 (pick 71 ontraded to Calton for Russell)

Remove this Banner Ad

Also

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/magpie-young-heading-to-the-bulldogs-20121025-286up.html#ixzz2AGUkIZ3s

Young Collingwood utility Tom Young is set to be traded to the Western Bulldogs for a late draft pick.

Young, 20, a former NSW scholarship holder, played two games for the Magpies this season to add to the seven he played for Collingwood last year.

The 191cm, 91kg Magpie is on his way to the Western Bulldogs in exchange for the No.71 pick. The big-bodied player will bolster the Dogs' list after they also picked up Koby Stevens from West Coast.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/magpie-young-heading-to-the-bulldogs-20121025-286up.html#ixzz2AGUkIZ3s

Good luck soupy.

Surprise one here. But odds are we were going to delist him.

I think this serves 2 purposes

1. Gets Young onto another AFL List and we've done good by him. He was an honest player and was serviceable during all our injuries this year...but ultimately a long way off our top 22.

2. Gives us a late pick to take an experienced player...either a backup ruck like Stephenson, or Jordan Russell for example. Or clears up the spot on the list to go for them in the delisted players free agency period.

Highly doubt we'll actually use that pick.

Happy more for Tom here than anything else, was surplus to needs and now he can go somewhere where he'll play consistent AFL football.

I think we could have persevered with Young for another season I would prefer him to S Buckley and I don,t think the Club will entertain Tippett he is showing himself to be an arseh*le of the highest order.
I did not think much of him leaving without saying thanks to former team mates and now if reports are true he is willing to take the Crows to court over his contract then I would much prefer him to be Sydney,s problem.

Good luck to T Young and I am glad the Club handled it this way as it does give him a chance elsewhere he is only 20 and could make it somewhere else.

Great move IMO.

Was not a fan of Young. Wish all the best.

This would mean Jordan Russell is seriously on the radar.
Agreed. I think this move was to open up the spot for Russell. Not sure how we will get him as I'm not an expert on this delisted free agency business...but don't think we've taken that pick to use it in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprise one here. But odds are we were going to delist him.

I think this serves 2 purposes

1. Gets Young onto another AFL List and we've done good by him. He was an honest player and was serviceable during all our injuries this year...but ultimately a long way off our top 22.

2. Gives us a late pick to take an experienced player...either a backup ruck like Stephenson, or Jordan Russell for example. Or clears up the spot on the list to go for them in the delisted players free agency period.

Highly doubt we'll actually use that pick.

We won't have to use a draft pick if we want Orren or Jordan, they both are now delisted free agents, and simply walk to us if they want to in the next week or so.

All we achieved here I believe is opening up a player slot on our list so we can recruit an experienced player next week through the new delisted free agent rules.

Edit: Just saw your post above.;)

Here's the list of off season dates, the delisted free agency period opens up next Thursday;

Great move IMO.

Was not a fan of Young. Wish all the best.

This would mean Jordan Russell is seriously on the radar.
Interesting concept that. One horribly average player out to make way for another horribly average player. I don't see the point really. They are actually somewhat similar also, tough no nonsense types with poor disposal.

Decent outcome for all, except the Dogs. BigFooty folklore will continue to hold that we are shitty trading partners who ream everybody. ;)

Wish him all the best. There was a good chance that we were either going to delist or he wouldn't get a senior game next year with Ball, McCaff, Keefe and co coming back. He'll get more game time at the Dogs and we get another pick, albeit late. At pick 71 you never know. We may get another Brian Harris, Simon Feast, Justin Sweeny, Ben Nason or even a Justin Westhoff

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Young to WB for pick 71 (pick 71 ontraded to Calton for Russell)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back