Tonight's banner.

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest crime here was the use of the phrase "nek minnut"

Exactly, and having looked into it a little further that was a club directive.

Acting in good faith, the cheer squad members added the RIP Tommy part in an attempt to honour the passing of Hafey. At worst they can be accused of being naive enough to think there aren't stupid people who would have taken it the wrong way and read the banner as a whole, instead of two separate messages.

The cheer squad do great things for the club so for the club to try and pin this on them is a PR nightmare. They're the ones who provided a shit message with the rubbish 'nek minnit' rubbish. I reckon the people constructing the banner didn't even know what nek minnit meant.

Exactly, and having looked into it a little further that was a club directive.

Acting in good faith, the cheer squad members added the RIP Tommy part in an attempt to honour the passing of Hafey. At worst they can be accused of being naive enough to think there aren't stupid people who would have taken it the wrong way and read the banner as a whole, instead of two separate messages.

The cheer squad do great things for the club so for the club to try and pin this on them is a PR nightmare. They're the ones who provided a shit message with the rubbish 'nek minnit' rubbish. I reckon the people constructing the banner didn't even know what nek minnit meant.

Come on folks, I'm sure if we all joined on Lavy Panther's anal crusade, we can get this ridiculous topic up to the page count of the * thread.

I don't get to go to games these days due to location. I think it's a very very ordinary banner. The cheer squad needs to lift their game or recruit some members who know their history of the game and those who have gone before them. I have memories of great banners and tributes to many an ex player or coach, who remembers the North Banner tribute to Trevor Barker. in 1996.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was curious about the reaction to the banner here and just wanted to say as a Fitzroy fan I appreciate the considered reactions to it on here by just about everyone. We get pretty sensitive about references to the merger for obvious reasons.

Not that it makes all that much difference put next to the actual, serious problems our club has, many of which were brutally exposed yesterday.

But I always think it's good to be courteous and respectful when you can and clearly so do all of you.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. Well, most of it anyway.

Was curious about the reaction to the banner here and just wanted to say as a Fitzroy fan I appreciate the considered reactions to it on here by just about everyone. We get pretty sensitive about references to the merger for obvious reasons.

Not that it makes all that much difference put next to the actual, serious problems our club has, many of which were brutally exposed yesterday.

But I always think it's good to be courteous and respectful when you can and clearly so do all of you.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. Well, most of it anyway.

We feel your pain TomFC and that's why it's extra disappointing. We hate the 'lol, poor norf's got no supporters and should have gone to GC' rubish, and should know better than to take an easy pot-shot at a club struggling on and off field.

FWIW, I think you blokes aren't in as bad trouble as it may seem. You've got some cracking young kids, and some great senior players out of the side. Not saying there wont be pain over the rest of this season, but look forward to heaps of improvement next year.

Are you simple or something? I'm the one saying its a non issue. It's like you failed basic comprehension or something.

Let's be very careful here - you have just crossed a line according to Big Footy user agreements in terms of implying another poster is intellectually challenged. Perhaps avoid that sort of behaviour going forward and we can still be friends.

Let's be very careful here - you have just crossed a line according to Big Footy user agreements in terms of implying another poster is intellectually challenged. Perhaps avoid that sort of behaviour going forward and we can still be friends.
Hey I'm a few cans short of a six pack and I have no issue with the various Turkeys out in BF Land suggesting as much. :stern look

Perhaps having RIP Tom Hafey on the other side of the banner, would have avoided this misinterpretation by some.

Cheap shot at the Fitzroy/Brisbane faithful, respect should be shown towards both parties.

Personally I didn't seem to care too much, but upon further reflection it was dumb and stupid. If the banner people or the club just put their hand up and said "It was I our fault", it just seems a but embarrassing they are pointing fingers back and forth.

They made a blue. Admit it and move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight's banner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back